Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 35 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 34 35
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 257heaven
All I know is.....I would take all of the funds that I could out of that paypal account for fear of it being locked up and funds tied up forever.

boy howdy

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Originally Posted by 257heaven
All I know is.....I would take all of the funds that I could out of that paypal account for fear of it being locked up and funds tied up forever.

boy howdy

Did you buy a shotgun yet??

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jarhead17
I might not get service for a couple of days I am going on an oryx hunt don’t know how long yet might get lucky but I do have thirty days till end of February so don’t think I am dodging anything or anybody thanks Ken

Where do hunt Oryx?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I might not get service for a couple of days I am going on an oryx hunt don’t know how long yet might get lucky but I do have thirty days till end of February so don’t think I am dodging anything or anybody thanks Ken

Where do hunt Oryx?

In the Oryx field?..............Duh.......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't understand how anyone could place any blame on 284 whatsoever.

-the buyer filed a refund claim with PayPal, or the credit card he used for the PayPal payment.
-PayPal confirmed this with Seller and says it can take 30 DAYS TO CLEAR.
-that right there put everything on hold until the refund claim processes in 30 days. Plus it sounds like a classic scam that PayPal confirmed was going around.

At this point it shouldn't matter if 284 receives a valid FFL or not inside this 30 day window. No way should he ship a damn thing until he knows he isn't going to lose that $400. Sorry 284, but you were lucky you were alerted to the PayPal refund claim. Had you not, you'd be out your gun no doubt about it.

Last edited by TallPine; 02/04/20.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 06hunter59

Where do hunt Oryx?

In the Oryx field?..............Duh.......

You mean the Oryx fields that don't have any cell towers. Oryx hate those. All you gotta do is check Wikipedia!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Or White Sands.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by TallPine
I don't understand how anyone could place any blame on 284 whatsoever.

-the buyer filed a refund claim with PayPal, or the credit card he used for the PayPal payment.
-PayPal confirmed this with Seller and says it can take 30 DAYS TO CLEAR.
-that right there put everything on hold until the refund claim processes in 30 days. Plus it sounds like a classic scam that PayPal confirmed was going around.

At this point it shouldn't matter if 284 receives a valid FFL or not inside this 30 day window. No way should he ship a damn thing until he knows he isn't going to lose that $400. Sorry 284, but you were lucky you were alerted to the PayPal refund claim. Had you not, you'd be out your gun no doubt about it.

Can’t file a refund with PayPal for a friends and family gift. There is no protection for a buyer, if they send it F&F and is why I’ll always pay the 3%. So, can’t say I believe 284 from the get go! So, something is fishy with the whole thing.
Jarhead seems to be an immigrant and may have not worded things correctly (or a drunk)
But either way 284 called the second FFL that did check Jarheads ID and he’s obviously not a Nigerian prince, pulling a scam.

Problem I have with 284 is him starting with zero proof this is a scam and talking about “if in 30days I don’t have to give this money back to Jarhead, I’m gonna donate it” who the [bleep] is he to donate someone else’s money?

Last edited by Boonechaser; 02/04/20.
284BLR Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Nobody checked his ID. He was identified as a nut and they declined to have anything to do with the transfer.
PayPal has told me that this can be disputed. All I know is what they told me. Ken has been evasive and deceptive from the get go. Everything still screams scam. According to PayPal it could be a stolen card, which is why they advised waiting 30 days. If he’s a scammer, why reward him? I’ve been trying to ship this gun for nearly two weeks, and he’s going out of his way to stall this process. I have the money and the gun. I’m not a crook, so I don’t want both. I’ll either ship the gun, or if he still refuses to cooperate and act like a scammer, I’ll donate it. End of story.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Even if $$ was sent friends and family and was paid using a credit/debit card linked to the PayPal account, a fraud/stolen card claim could’ve been filed with the card issuer to recover funds that way.

I would definitely be suspicious of all this. This is a relatively easy task that has been over complicated to the extent it has stay away wrote all over it.

IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
thats Funny! I accidentally sent funds to the wrong email when sending money to a friend and when I called PayPal, they told me that I would have to email the person and try to work it out with that person. This was just 2 months ago.

Jarhead,

You’ll have to do what I did! Call your CC company and tell them you was scammed online and PayPal wouldn’t help. They’ll refund your money and you’ll be done with this BS

This dude obviously gonna steal your money with the comment, he’ll take my gun or I’ll donate his money. So call your CC company in a hurry. You can screenshot his responses and how he’s not going to refund you but “donate” your money, they’ll help you...

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Damm
I got 29 pages on my page setting.

Lol!!!

N
ned Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
did the FFL get the funds yet?

Ride well, shoot straight, and speak the truth.
284BLR Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Boonechaser, I’m not stealing anything. I’m waiting for the guy to get me a legitimate FFL. All he does is lie and evade. He’s fishy as heck. If PayPal thinks it’s a scam, why should I doubt them. All these comments and he still can’t come up with a valid FFL that will deal with him.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
284, why would you ship the gun if PayPal told you to wait 30 days? No way would I ship this gun until that time passed even if I did have an valid ffl. Something is definitely fishy with all this. But I can't stop reading this thread. Please keep us posted.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Boonechaser
thats Funny! I accidentally sent funds to the wrong email when sending money to a friend and when I called PayPal, they told me that I would have to email the person and try to work it out with that person. This was just 2 months ago.

Jarhead,

You’ll have to do what I did! Call your CC company and tell them you was scammed online and PayPal wouldn’t help. They’ll refund your money and you’ll be done with this BS

This dude obviously gonna steal your money with the comment, he’ll take my gun or I’ll donate his money. So call your CC company in a hurry. You can screenshot his responses and how he’s not going to refund you but “donate” your money, they’ll help you...

100% on the money Bonechaser!

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Damn, 30 pages in and still no resolution. Oh well, I had nothing better to do tonight.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
284, something you wrote seems odd to me...

Why would you say you might end up keeping his money and donating it? I was under the belief you were waiting for the refund to happen or not. If it happened, then buyer gets his money back and you keep the rifle and you're done. If the refund case is closed and you are assured of keeping the $400, why wouldn't you then send the $$ back if he didn't provide an FFL?

Or is it like a punishment to a scammer that finally got caught, and youre donating it to "charity" as a way to cleanse yourself for not returning the cash?

Thats a tough one to know for sure. I have no love of scammers but you'd have to know for sure he was one to not return the cash. Im not sure thats truly knowable. But if it was...that would be awesome for a scammer to finally lose some money for a change.

Last edited by TallPine; 02/04/20.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 284BLR
Boonechaser, I’m not stealing anything. I’m waiting for the guy to get me a legitimate FFL. All he does is lie and evade. He’s fishy as heck. If PayPal thinks it’s a scam, why should I doubt them. All these comments and he still can’t come up with a valid FFL that will deal with him.

I solved the mystery with this post right here.

He is a DEMOCRAT !!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by 284BLR

I solved the mystery with this post right here.

He is a DEMOCRAT !!

I blocked him so I would never try to buy anything from him but you quoting, I can see what he said.

Jarhead give him a FFL and he went there in person and tried to explain what was happening. It seems to me that Jarhead’s first language is not English so in the process of trying to explain his story sounded [bleep] up. So then 284 calls said FFL and speaks proper English and somehow now the FFL doesn’t want to get involved.

So
1) technically Jarhead has supplied 2 FFL dealers and 1 is out of office after shot show and other is convinced both these guys are idiots and doesn’t want involved.
2) a scammer wouldn’t stay this invested and try twice with a FFL dealer to get his gun that he paid for and also go to an FFL in person that would obviously need his true identity to transfer the gun
3) 284 says he’s either going to take the gun or after 30days he’s “donating” the buyers money.

Sounds like a lot of miscommunication and BS but facts we know points to Jarhead being legit and has bought on this forum before. (Verified by third party in this thread) and the other guy says he’s going to keep his money.

I know who I won’t do business with...

Page 15 of 35 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 222ND, 219 Wasp, 55 invisible), 2,581 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,579
Posts18,473,329
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.