Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 35 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 34 35
284BLR Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Boonechaser, if you’d read instead of just running your mouth, youd see in the texts that Ken says he contacted PayPal for a refund. After that I contacted PayPal, which informed me that this was likely a scam. They advised not to do anything for 30 days as charges could be reversed. I was told that the first step in filing a claim is to try to settle the dispute yourself. At that point, given Kens statement and what the PayPal cssr told me, he was in the early stages of a dispute, which is part of the reason PayPal advised to wait 30 days to do anything.
All along, all I’ve wanted is to ship this guy the gun he bought, but he’s gone out of his way to make the process as difficult as possible.

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Paypal don't dispute Friends and Family payments, what you say is not true.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by wagner
Let’s start a poll. Are you in the jh camp or 284?

I’m going with 284. Reasons why are... first jh tells us he did friends and family then he shows an $11 pp fee.

Second jh is attempting a third ffl. 284 still after 2 weeks has no ffl too ship too.

Snap snap

PayPal will charge you a fee if you use a credit card instead of funds in your PayPal account or a linked bank account, even on friend and family. Probably why the transaction record JH shared shows the additional fee.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
So 284: 17 says he watched an FFL being sent to you today: did you get it?
inquiring and exhausted minds want to know?

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by 284BLR
Boonechaser, if you’d read instead of just running your mouth, youd see in the texts that Ken says he contacted PayPal for a refund. After that I contacted PayPal, which informed me that this was likely a scam. They advised not to do anything for 30 days as charges could be reversed. I was told that the first step in filing a claim is to try to settle the dispute yourself. At that point, given Kens statement and what the PayPal cssr told me, he was in the early stages of a dispute, which is part of the reason PayPal advised to wait 30 days to do anything.
All along, all I’ve wanted is to ship this guy the gun he bought, but he’s gone out of his way to make the process as difficult as possible.

Besides PayPal not disputing friends and family, he stated he called PayPal and they said to work it out with you. So where you getting a dispute over the funds at? Unless I missed a post of text going through this 39 pages, you never posted a text where he said he disputed with PayPal, just that he called and they told him to work it out with you so.... where’s that text?

Last edited by Boonechaser; 02/05/20.
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Boonechaser

Besides PayPal not disputing friends and family, he stated he called PayPal and they said to work it out with you. So where you getting a dispute over the funds at?

Exactly.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by wagner
Let’s start a poll. Are you in the jh camp or 284?

I’m going with 284. Reasons why are... first jh tells us he did friends and family then he shows an $11 pp fee.

Second jh is attempting a third ffl. 284 still after 2 weeks has no ffl too ship too.

Snap snap

Again as stated above, if you send funds F&F and use a card, you pay their fees. If you send cash or funds from your account, there’s no fee.

He said he called his FFL and the shipping FFL said he wasn’t paid. So, I’m assuming that 284 convinced that he was a scammer with zero proof and claiming a dispute was happening, may have told them that he hadn’t received funds or someone at his company did. He’s obviously a rule breaker in accepting PayPal for a gun purchase and posting for sale items here and being a business.

Last edited by Boonechaser; 02/05/20.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Trish is real boys....yall bout to see a post from.her hubs

284BLR Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
PayPal said the next step was to review the transaction, where the charges could be reversed. This is where they gave me the tongue lashing for using f/f for a purchase, and she warned about a possible scam.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My money is on jarhead17.

I like a good underdog story.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by mirage243
Exactly.

Exactly what? Did you see said text where Jarhead said he was disputing with PayPal? I sure didn’t and I’ve been through all the pain staking pages but could have missed a post...

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
So glad this has not yet been resolved. If I was to lose this daily dose of entertainment...I don't think I could bear it.
I fear though, that it will soon come to an end.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
My money is on jarhead17.

I like a good underdog story.

There is a valid telephone number to a ffl been givin. I have confirmed

284BLR Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Yes, Ken FINALLY had an FFL contact me today. I called PayPal this afternoon, and they reassured me that I’m protected. So with that, and given the fact that he’s clearly not fit to own a gun, I’ve refunded his money in full.

Attached Images
0CDA5CA2-7CB0-4E06-B921-9F82C0D063F6.png (220.05 KB, 433 downloads)
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yes, Ken FINALLY had an FFL contact me today. I called PayPal this afternoon, and they reassured me that I’m protected. So with that, and given the fact that he’s clearly not fit to own a gun, I’ve refunded his money in full.

Shoulda been done days ago....he gave you a valid ffl and their number

284BLR Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Bling

No, no he didn’t. If he had, this would have been done day 1.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Well I’ll be a sonuva.....😁

Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

Bad grammar and being pissed over this ordeal doesn’t make someone unfit. But glad you finally realized you was wrong.

Lost me, when he proved he was legit with name, phone number and address but you continued to say “no matter the outcome, I’m donating HIS money”

284BLR Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Boonechaser

Bad grammar and being pissed over this ordeal doesn’t make someone unfit. But glad you finally realized you was wrong.

Lost me, when he proved he was legit with name, phone number and address but you continued to say “no matter the outcome, I’m donating HIS money”

I wasn’t wrong, and I never said I was donating his money no matter the outcome. You can’t just make stuff up.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Bling

No, no he didn’t. If he had, this would have been done day 1.

Remember the number he posted for trish??? Did you call it and maybe leave a message?

Page 20 of 35 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (257robertsimp, 1minute, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,383 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,543
Posts18,472,876
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.