Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
How many have had them? Do you recommend getting those shots??

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I will not be getting them.

I don't want to be a part of their experiment.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I am with ya plainsman456. I will take my chances. Those people can't be trusted. At least in my eyes anyhow.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes
and yes

Only have to do my pneumonia every 2 or 3 yrs though

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Before we started getting flu shots, one or another of us got it at least every other year. Last year without one all 3 of us, at the time, had it at same time. Fun times. We have gotten flu shots every years since them, 1988?, and as wife and I got older we got the pneumonia shots as well. No side effects to either.
When I got the cancer diagnosis in September, one of the first questions was if I had had the flu/pneumonia shots, Yep, and still get asked it often. Oh, grown kids who don't get the shot: get the flu. Grandson has it for the second time this year now.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don’t.

41. Never had flu. Knock on woods. 👊🏿

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I got both of them in the fall. Dr said my immunity to the pneumonia was really low so I went and got both.

Don't limit your challenges
Challenge your limits
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Got the flu shot every year in the military and got the flu every year. Haven't gotten the shot since and only had the flu once in 20 years. Figure at some point I'll start getting the shot again but that is several years off.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
my wife and I usually do, but I've missed a few years simply because I just never got around to it. Neither of us has ever had the flu and we're both soon to be 62. They say it isn't 100% effective, but I see no downside.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by fgold767
Before we started getting flu shots, one or another of us got it at least every other year. Last year without one all 3 of us, at the time, had it at same time. Fun times. We have gotten flu shots every years since them, 1988?, and as wife and I got older we got the pneumonia shots as well. No side effects to either.
When I got the cancer diagnosis in September, one of the first questions was if I had had the flu/pneumonia shots, Yep, and still get asked it often. Oh, grown kids who don't get the shot: get the flu. Grandson has it for the second time this year now.

Never heard of twice in one year. Were these cases diagnosed subsequently to viral medical testing?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
What I've seen raising cattle, I believe in vaccines.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I do. Havent been sick once. I wash my hands a lot too tho.

You can lead a horse...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh, good, can get in on this before it completely leaves the tracks into looney town.

A.) do what you want, i don’t care. But spare us the conspiracy theories.

B.) Flu shots. They cannot give you the flu (directly). You might feel run down, you might catch something else while you are. They do work, generally well, occasionally weakly. However, only against the three sometimes four strains the eggheads tried to predict a year in advance, based on what emerged in asia the prior year (in a nutshell, that’s were fllu comes from). There’s nothing but your natural immunity to protect you from other flus. Lastly, if you’ve copd, asthma, heart disease, renal disease, sickle cell, or diabetes, etc, it makes sense to not try to do battle with evil asian flu s you might not be strong enough to stand up to, catch pneumonia later in the disease process, and croak. Up to you.

C.) Pneumonia series. It works, and it’s even (maybe) improved from what it was. It will not necessarily prevent you from getting pneumonia. However, it will mitigate sepsis from pneumococcal pneumonia. Who cares? Well, statistically, same list of persons above at most ages, plus persons laid up in a hospital bed regardless of reason for being there if over 65yo. Up to you.

sandcritter md

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by fgold767

Damn cancer. Welcome to the club. Thats the first thing they did to me after surgery.. "you need a flu shot"..

You can lead a horse...
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Black leg shots don't count. grin

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I wish you had commented on the high number of people claiming they had the flu when it was actually viral bronchitis or the common cold and was not as serious as the flu, Doc.,

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/07/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Think I’ve had about 5 rounds of that 4-series engerix hep B vaccine. My titers never show up. And they make me re do the things.

Pimpin ain’t easy.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I will not try to keep anyone from getting them if that is what they want to do.

I have had the pneumonia series and have the screwed up nails on my toes and fingers to prove it.

No more.
Maybe when they can prove that they got it right WITHOUT any side problems MAYBE i will think about it.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I get every type of immunization available. The international traveler set has the full hepatitis series A, B, C. Most of these diseases can be food born. I can't imagine anyone not getting the hepatitis series.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had two part Pneumonia shot. Trying get insurance to ok 2 part shingles shot now. No flue and never have had flue shot.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1badf350, 1minute, 12344mag, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,626 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,590
Posts18,473,439
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.