Hop To
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I didn't twist your words. I asked for clarification. See the question mark? Not asserting anything. Asking.

The word of God is very plain..........men should be the head of their household and the head of their church. But, does that mean that women should have no role, or not even be allowed to open their mouths in church.........and there are churches that believe that.

I know what Paul said about women in the church, but I also know that some of the first supporters of Jesus were women. Mary Magdalene, Joanna, and Susanna all accompanied Jesus and helped in his early discipleship, and we know it was women who went to the tomb and discovered He had risen................so to dismiss the role women played is wrong.

Where have I said any of that?? Of course women have a huge role to play. But not in leadership positions over men, or positions teaching men, or speaking during the Church service. You can disagree, but you'd be disagreeing with the Word of God. Own it.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Nobody’s salvation depends upon whether or not they agree or disagree with the Apostle Paul on ‘this’ point (whether or not women should be pastors). He also said that women shouldn’t wear gold or pearls or expensive clothes.

We can't have a meaningful discussion about that unless you provide citations like I and others have.
You need a ‘citation’ on *that*...?
laffin’ and smh

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't twist your words. I asked for clarification. See the question mark? Not asserting anything. Asking.

The word of God is very plain..........men should be the head of their household and the head of their church. But, does that mean that women should have no role, or not even be allowed to open their mouths in church.........and there are churches that believe that.

I know what Paul said about women in the church, but I also know that some of the first supporters of Jesus were women. Mary Magdalene, Joanna, and Susanna all accompanied Jesus and helped in his early discipleship, and we know it was women who went to the tomb and discovered He had risen................so to dismiss the role women played is wrong.

Where have I said any of that?? Of course women have a huge role to play. But not in leadership positions, or positions teaching men, or speaking during the Church service. You can disagree, but you'd be disagreeing with the Word of God. Own it.

I will not own it..................this is not the year 200. It's the year 2020.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I will not own it..................this is not the year 200. It's the year 2020.
God has changed his mind on this point, then? Just asking.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Nobody’s salvation depends upon whether or not they agree or disagree with the Apostle Paul on ‘this’ point (whether or not women should be pastors). He also said that women shouldn’t wear gold or pearls or expensive clothes.

We can't have a meaningful discussion about that unless you provide citations like I and others have.
laffin’ and smh

I and others have provided Biblical citations for what we asserted.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
grow up. its all BS.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Houses of worship are expressly forbidden zones in Michigan; even printed on the back of the license. [bleep] yanks give it and then take it away w/ exemptions.

I’ve heard that there are folks who carry anyway, but can’t confirm that rumor.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

God hasn't changed, but we have advanced as a society. I know many women who know far more about the Bible than any man does. I do not believe they should sit meekly in church and let some idiot man, who's only qualification is that he is a man, to talk about things he doesn't know a hill of beans about.

Now, with all things being equal, and they seldom are, it is the role of man to be the leader................providing they are qualified. If a church does not have a qualified man to lead...............does that mean it should dissolve itself rather that let a qualified women lead?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

God hasn't changed, but we have advanced as a society. I know many women who know far more about the Bible than any man does. I do not believe they should sit meekly in church and let some idiot man, who's only qualification is that he is a man, to talk about things he doesn't know a hill of beans about.

Now, with all things being equal, and they seldom are, it is the role of man to be the leader................providing they are qualified. If a church does not have a qualified man to lead...............does that mean it should dissolve itself rather that let a qualified women lead?

Hey, if you can live with that, cool.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hey, if you can live with that, cool.

I can...............as long as you can live with denying the Holocaust...........lol.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
I would just pray, and he will answer them.

Comments like this are why the campfire has gone downhill....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

laffin’ and smh
I and others have provided Biblical citations for what we asserted.
Dude, if you need a citation for verification that ‘Nobody’s salvation depends upon whether or not they agree or disagree with the Apostle Paul on whether or not women should be pastors’, then you are truly gaggin’ at gnats and swallowing camels...!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Texczech
I believe that is Christ said. Sell your cloak and buy a sword.

... that was the state of the art for personal defensive arms that can be easily carried on the person.

Were folks at that time allowed to enter temples and synagogues with their swords?(cite source)

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I can...............as long as you can live with denying the Holocaust...........lol.

LOL, indeed.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
That’s why they’re called “church guns”

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Dude, if you need a citation for verification that ‘Nobody’s salvation depends upon whether or not they agree or disagree with the Apostle Paul on whether or not women should be pastors’, then you are truly gaggin’ at gnats and swallowing camels...!

I was quite clear. I asked for a citation regarding your assertion about jewelry and such (not saying you're wrong, by the way). What's your problem with producing it? I, and others, produced a citation for the female clergy related statement.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, NOT WITH ELABORATE HAIRSTYLES OR GOLD OR PEARLS OR EXPENSIVE CLOTHES, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God. - Apostle Paul (1 Timothy 2:9-10).
Nobody’s salvation depends upon whether or not they agree or disagree with the Apostle Paul on ‘this’ point. He also said that women shouldn’t wear gold or pearls or expensive clothes.
I asked for a citation regarding your assertion about jewelry and such
No, you didn’t specify *at all*. You weren’t “quite clear”, clearly.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by reivertom
I'd bet it would warp a Leftist's brain to know how many people in KY carry in church.
<chuckle> My wife teaches the "last class" for older women. She was totally surprised to learn that more than half of her class carries.

Our church got serious after the Sutherland Springs shooting. Instituted a "security team". Members selected by invitation. KSP adapted their school active shooter program to be church active shooter. Original six members did the KSP training event. Several things we implemented:

1) All doors, except front door, locked after greetings. "Greeter" at front door is a member of the security team.
2) Second security member goes down stairs with children for children's worship, and is in the hall when the treasurers come down to count the offering.
3) Two security members seated at front of sanctuary on each side near the two side entrances.
4) Sound man (second floor rear) has over watch of the front half of the church, plus responsibility for comms, if needed.

As noted above, need to practice. Quarterly live fire practice for the team will start in the next month or so. Wireless video cameras on order to be deployed in the next few weeks as well.

Apart from the active shooter aspect, the security team has also taken a more holistic view of safety and secuirty:
> Traffic control in the parking lot, especially during VBS. Multiple positive comments from parents appreciating the traffic control, and having adults patrolling the parking area while children are outside.
> AED procured, mounted and training provided.
> Fire code inspection by fire marshal, and improvements made, such as "You are here, and here is how you get out" signage posted throughout the buildings.
> Medical jump bag procured and members with medical training identified.
> Doors for class rooms changed to swing "in" so they can be barricaded, if necessary.

The fact of the matter is the world around us is changing. As members of the Body of Christ, we need to adapt accordingly. There are multiple scripture references supporting defense of self and others. We would be remiss not to take the necessary steps to ensure the safety of our church members.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Antlers, now that you understand what should have been clear to you from context, let's see the citation. Not that it doesn't exist, but there might be something about it that distinguishes it from the female clergy question. Let's have a discussion.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Antlers, now that you understand what should have been clear to you from context...
Man, the only thing that was clear...is that you weren’t...!
let’s see the citation
laffin’
Ya’ mean the one that was posted 25 minutes ago...?!?

Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (10gaugeman, 222Sako, 224th, 257man, 219 Wasp, 1_deuce, 58 invisible), 2,596 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,397
Posts18,527,885
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.