Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Valsdad Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Signs around town point to our area still being part of the "Old West". I guess so:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Neighbor's horses must have gotten out sometime during the night/early morning. Went out to feed the chickens, our older male dog went out in the backyard and started to barking his "something ain't right here" bark. Looked up and neighbor was chasing these down the road with his flatbed, back up the road to the ranch.

Went out by the woodpile/sheds/and chicken coop later and found they'd been back there sometime during their wanderings too. Good thing I didn't step in it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

This morning, while the sun was low on the horizon, it was easy to see their footprints where they came right down the gravel driveway.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Aint the first time some horse schitt has been posted here.

[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Geno, at least your dog didn't roll all over in that horse chit!

My dad's heeler wouldn't have been able to resist.....

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Lots of dogs would have rolled in that cshit

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by jnyork
Aint the first time some horse schitt has been posted here.

L O L ! ! !

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Something about rolling in horse poop just seems irresistible to dogs, more so than cow poop.

May have to try it sometime to see what all the fuss is about. grin

Black Cows Matter!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Most folks think of LA or Sanfran when thinking of California. The reality is that once you get north of Sacramento it gets very rural very fast and is predominately hardcore republican. Lots of stunning country here. It’s too bad that the few ruin it for the rest of us.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Nice, but how do I get there from North East Urth?

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Stix
Most folks think of LA or Sanfran when thinking of California. The reality is that once you get north of Sacramento it gets very rural very fast and is predominately hardcore republican. Lots of stunning country here. It’s too bad that the few ruin it for the rest of us.
It's not the few. It's the majority. They're the ones who voted in your current state officials.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Horses and northern California, another invasive species! Eating the food native species need! Those road apples will help your garden, in a couple years!

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Heym06
Horses and northern California, another invasive species! Eating the food native species need! Those road apples will help your garden, in a couple years!

Yeah, Heym, but these aren't the Devil's Garden horses. These are his working horses,usually they're out in his pasture. He runs cows up there on the Garden and a few other places. Loads these horses up in his trailer, drives up, works his cows, brings them home at night. I'm thinking they walked right out his driveway gate. I'm going to bug him about putting in a cattle guard there. grin

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Geno, at least your dog didn't roll all over in that horse chit!

My dad's heeler wouldn't have been able to resist.....

Breeze got a taste. laugh

Have you seen my post last week about Dandee, the new puppy? I take Breeze out in the evening by himself, on a leash due to "whippetitis". I wanted to see if those horses had crossed behind the sheds and gone across the little creek, so when I took Breeze out for his walk I went back that way. Wanted to see if he'd track them some. Got past the shed, he got his head down and within a few feet found a pile I hadn't seen earlier. Lil' fugger is good at that!

Probably would have ate a bunch and then rolled if he hadn't been on leash. He and Katie, the old girl whippet, love to roll in the deer poop at the local school field we run them on. During the rut they have needed baths as soon as we get home.

Fuggin scheidt eatin' dogs.................I don't know what I'd do without them though.

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It was conservative 30 yrs ago, nowadays not so much..... it's all relative, too much indoctrination over too many years... I suffer these so called conservatives from California in my neighborhood, they are anything but conservative.... same with old friends and even family members from Calif. they have no clue how liberal they have become over time.

Last edited by irfubar; 02/10/20.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by irfubar

It was conservative 30 yrs ago, nowadays not so much..... it's all relative, too much indoctrination over too many years... I suffer these so called conservatives from California in my neighborhood, they are anything but conservative.... same with old friends and even family members from Calif. they have no clue how liberal they have become over time.

Hey, don't be pickin' on us just because we like clean air and water.................

and would like a bullet train like the Japanese. whistle

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can hunters use lead bullets there?

How much is a tag for Mtn. lion?

Gov. Gavin Newsom signed a bill today banning bobcat hunting in California.

It was signed among a package of bills promoting “animal welfare” and “fighting animal cruelty.”

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 700LH
Can hunters use lead bullets there?

Stop pickin' on us cause we support copper miners.

And kitty cats that like to eat mountain bikers. Too many of them on our hiking trails, the bikers that is.

Geno

Last edited by Valsdad; 02/10/20.

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How long till the sale of leather is prohibited?
Vegie McBurgers only soon?

year after Los Angeles became the largest city in the country to ban the sale of animal fur, the entire state of California has followed suit. On October 11, Governor Gavin Newsom approved bill AB44, which makes it illegal to sell, donate, or manufacture new fur products in the state.

The new law will apply to clothing, handbags, shoes, hats, slippers, or key chains that contain animal fur. However, the law does exempt leather, cowhide, and shearling as well the use of fur for religious purposes, taxidermy products, and used fur. The law will take some time to go into effect — January 1, 2023, to be exact.

Governor Newsom also signed bills focusing on animal cruelty, including the ban on using animals such as monkeys, elephants, and tigers in circuses, legislation that prohibits the killing of bobcats, and another law that protects wild and domestic horses from slaughter.

“California is a leader when it comes to animal welfare and today that leadership includes banning the sale of fur,” Governor Newsom said in a statement. “But we are doing more than that. We are making a statement to the world that beautiful wild animals like bears and tigers have no place on trapeze wires or jumping through flames. Just YouTube the videos showing the cruel way these animals — often stripped from their mothers as babies — are trained to do dangerous tricks. It’s deeply disturbing.”

Other states may soon follow in California’s footsteps. As CBS News points out, Hawaii and New York have introduced their own fur-ban legislation. If enacted, the new laws will be more in line with the fur-ban trend that has been seen more often in the fashion industry. In recent years, brands such as Armani, Prada, Coach, and Burberry have all vowed to stop using fur in their collections.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
More pictures.

Right friggin now yeah?

My folks are thinking about taking a big tour through California to visit friends.

Their friend want them to spend time with him at his vacation spot in McCloud. I guess its pretty nice up there.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 700LH
How long till the sale of leather is prohibited?
Vegie McBurgers only soon?

year after Los Angeles became the largest city in the country to ban the sale of animal fur, the entire state of California has followed suit. On October 11, Governor Gavin Newsom approved bill AB44, which makes it illegal to sell, donate, or manufacture new fur products in the state.

The new law will apply to clothing, handbags, shoes, hats, slippers, or key chains that contain animal fur. However, the law does exempt leather, cowhide, and shearling as well the use of fur for religious purposes, taxidermy products, and used fur. The law will take some time to go into effect — January 1, 2023, to be exact.

Governor Newsom also signed bills focusing on animal cruelty, including the ban on using animals such as monkeys, elephants, and tigers in circuses, legislation that prohibits the killing of bobcats, and another law that protects wild and domestic horses from slaughter.

“California is a leader when it comes to animal welfare and today that leadership includes banning the sale of fur,” Governor Newsom said in a statement. “But we are doing more than that. We are making a statement to the world that beautiful wild animals like bears and tigers have no place on trapeze wires or jumping through flames. Just YouTube the videos showing the cruel way these animals — often stripped from their mothers as babies — are trained to do dangerous tricks. It’s deeply disturbing.”

Other states may soon follow in California’s footsteps. As CBS News points out, Hawaii and New York have introduced their own fur-ban legislation. If enacted, the new laws will be more in line with the fur-ban trend that has been seen more often in the fashion industry. In recent years, brands such as Armani, Prada, Coach, and Burberry have all vowed to stop using fur in their collections.

Hey, don't pick on us because we like fuzzy things.....................unless it's a natural puzzy..................them things look bad peekin' out from under a thong at the beach.

Geno

PS, that one pissed me off some, for sure. Then again, a lot of what comes out of Suctomento does.

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
More pictures.

Right friggin now yeah?

My folks are thinking about taking a big tour through California to visit friends.

Their friend want them to spend time with him at his vacation spot in McCloud. I guess its pretty nice up there.

McCloud is cool. Way more trees, and bigger than the junipers here on the valley floor. Neighbor has a few ponderosa pines planted in that corner behind the horses. I'm thinking of putting a few in myself.

McCloud area has a lot of oaks too. Way more water over there. And generally not as cold as here. But, I've no pics of that area that I know of, at least not on the 'puter.

I'll check though.

Geno

In it is contentment

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1minute, 1Longbow, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,425
Posts18,470,717
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.