Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Upholding this standard doesn’t in any way diminish anyone.
Spoken like a true Pharisee. Bravo.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I will say, we have some members with a zeal for religion.

Back to the armed in church, I hope none of us ever need it.

Amen; whether in church or not.

You haven’t said where you’ve fallen on this? You gonna carry?

You won’t get an answer on this. This was all just harmless trolling.

In a month he will start the same thread again under a different title and the milk lappers (the ones who think it’s serious) will rush into it like starving kittens.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Antlers, do you really believe that Christ’s condemnation of meaningless legalism includes gender role distinctions?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Antlers, what Jesus condemned was meaningless legalism, not the upholding of definite standards.
No. He condemned placing more importance on ‘the rules’ than on the people for whom the rules are made. He condemned using God’s word to diminish someone that God loves. People are made in the spiritual image of God. People are the supreme object of God's creation. They are certainly more important than ‘the rules’.
Sounds like the antinomian heresy. If you disagree, what do you think is the difference?

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Can’t believe Hawkeye is officially ignoring me,

Had a PM for him about some hypocrisy I just recently seen someone else post towards him.
After I often praise him for ASP video postings too.

WTF man???

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tell that to Pastor Missy when she’s out of her pastoral position because of ‘this standard’. And tell that to wabigoon and the rest of his congregation when they’re out of their church because of ‘this standard’.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tell that to Pastor Missy when she’s out of her pastoral position because of ‘this standard’. And tell that to wabigoon and the rest of his congregation when they’re out of their church because of ‘this standard’.
The lack of a standard is what got them in this position to begin with!

Are you going to answer my question?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Antlers, do you really believe that Christ’s condemnation of meaningless legalism includes gender role distinctions?
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is ‘no male and female’, *for you are all ‘one’ in Christ Jesus.* - Galatians 3:28

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Have to agree.
Spot on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Really...! And ‘you’ know that how...?

Just like the Pharisees in Jesus’ day, modern day Pharisees have taken theology and they've twisted it to empower themselves to do the very opposite of what God commanded them to do. His command was "Love one another." By THIS, by the way you love others, THIS is how everybody's gonna know you're His follower. NOT by your theology, NOT by how you ‘keep the rules’, NOT by how you keep ‘the standards’, and NOT by how you enforce ‘the rules’ and enforce ‘the standards’...way you love others is gonna be *the* thing that communicates more than anything else that you're His follower.

IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
I would just pray, and he will answer them.

Comments like this are why the campfire has gone downhill....

You don’t believe in god answering prayers?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just like the Pharisees in Jesus’ day, modern day Pharisees have taken theology and they've twisted it to empower themselves to do the very opposite of what God commanded them to do. His command was "Love one another." By THIS, by the way you love others, THIS is how everybody's gonna know you're His follower. NOT by your theology, NOT by how you ‘keep the rules’, NOT by how you keep ‘the standards’, and NOT by how you enforce ‘the rules’ and enforce ‘the standards’...way you love others is gonna be *the* thing that communicates more than anything else that you're His follower.
I really wish you'd answer my questions.

How does your view differ from the heresy of antinomianism? (You can check the link to see what it is.)

For that matter, how does it differ from the Satanic precept "do as thou will"?

I do not even believe that you understand the meaning of the word "love".

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Really...! And ‘you’ know that how...?

Reads like that is a version of YOUR own personal new age “feel goodism horseshît doctrine”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here's another one for you to ponder. Please enlighten us when you come to a conclusion.
Originally Posted by Matthew
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’
23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Who are the evildoers or doers of lawlessness?

How can someone do good works and still be evil?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Interesting thread, Every sunday morning when leaving the house to my yard I'm in my church no one else allowed. I don't need to go somewhere else where I might need to be armed to listen to someone lecture me on what to think ,what to do, what to value or what to believe. If you do, so be it. Leave me out of it and I'll take care of myself where ever, when ever. Have a nice day. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When you get done with that, explain these too, please.
https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Lawlessness

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Hmmm...Jesus clearly sees it differently than you do. And He asked them, “Which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to destroy it...?” But they wouldn’t answer Him.

Please hear me. I’m suggesting that Christ’s teaching is a balance. Clearly the law was written for people but people were not created so that there could be a law. I agree.

What I said was that one can fall off balance in two directions; one by suggesting the law as an end-all-be-all, the other saying that the law matters not at all.

Christ doesn’t tell the Pharisees they’re wrong for being concerned about the Sabbath; He asks them “what is lawful...”

If the law didn’t matter at all, why would He ask that?

He did so to show that their self righteous “concern” was itself a violation of law. He wasn’t saying that the law is abolished.

One must be balanced between law and grace for without one the other will inevitably fall.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd seriously like to know Antler's views on this. I see it all over the place, but for the life of me, I can't reconcile his view with revelation.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Kinda hard when your an atheist...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Reads like that is a version of YOUR own personal new age “feel goodism horseshît doctrine”
Jesus Himself said the entire Law and the Prophets (the entire Old Testament) can be summed up in two rules...love God, and demonstrate your love for God by your love for other people. And His entire ministry on earth (contained in the New Testament) can be summed up in those same two rules...love God, and demonstrate your love for God by your love for other people.
It’s just the truth. I didn’t make it the truth. It just *is*. It’d still be the truth if I’d never even mentioned it.

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (22kHornet, 25aught6, 280ACKIMP, 222ND, 270wsmnutt, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 2,544 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,380
Posts18,527,505
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.