Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
TCtim Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I have a new mod 70 in 264 win mag. It had a 5 lb trigger at least. So I put a Ernie's spring kit in it.
Now sometimes I get a light hammer strike and it doesn't go boom. Some time if you snap it a couple time it will go off. So now I'm not sure what to do.

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Send questions to Hernando Putzgonzallezelo at this address:

Long boat to Portugal
155 Winchester fu up
Browning Arms Comapany.
Portugal, Portugal

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Long boat to Portugal
155 Winchester fu up
Browning Arms Comapany.
Portugal, Portugal

Come on now you need a country postal code, for guys living in Oregon that’s a zip code.. lol

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Ei John, por que você sempre tem que lamber as bolas de Portugal?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Long boat to Portugal
155 Winchester fu up
Browning Arms Comapany.
Portugal, Portugal

🤣😂😅😭

Just order up a Timney, and be done with it.

IC B2

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I put a Ernies spring in my mew m70 Alaskan and never had a problem. No idea what your problem could be.
Try posting in the gunsmith forum

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

lawrence não seja um paiute irritado .. além de você é a única arma européia que possui bola licker aqui com seus tikkas e sakos ..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 79S

lawrence não seja um paiute irritado .. além de você é a única arma européia que possui bola licker aqui com seus tikkas e sakos ..

Vocês estão me fazendo rir daqui.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TCtim
I have a new mod 70 in 264 win mag. It had a 5 lb trigger at least. So I put a Ernie's spring kit in it.
Now sometimes I get a light hammer strike and it doesn't go boom. Some time if you snap it a couple time it will go off. So now I'm not sure what to do.

Get rid of that pos and find a NH model... smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Nice that a guy comes here for help and mostly gets BS. Great rifle and most are more than pleased with theirs..

A good smith can most likely fix it quickly.

Last edited by battue; 02/11/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by battue

Nice that a guy comes here for help and mostly gets BS. Great rifle and most are more than pleased with theirs..
No BS from me - just short, succinct and proper advice..

The MOA? Well, have fun with that.. smile

The NH trigger can be made to sing - and not have to go broke to get there...

Last edited by Redneck; 02/11/20.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
More than a few seem to get along well with the new trigger. Did you ever have to work on an old one other than making one sing? And from your “have fun with that”, I guess you would be one that would prefer he not contact you? Scratch, move on and be glad there is more than one.

Still, the guy came here for help, and some think it humorous to blabber in tongues to do so.

Old geezers beetching about change is always good for a chuckle. 😎

Im sorry, make that traditionalists..

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Originally Posted by jkinpa

Long boat to Portugal
155 Winchester fu up
Browning Arms Comapany.
Portugal, Portugal

🤣😂😅😭

Just order up a Timney, and be done with it.

Originally Posted by Redneck

Get rid of that pos and find a NH model... smile

Incorrect

Originally Posted by Redneck

No BS from me - just short, succinct and proper advice..

The MOA? Well, have fun with that.. smile

The NH trigger can be made to sing - and not have to go broke to get there...

The triggers suck. Replace it or get a model 70 with a workable trigger. That’s the advice that was given.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lighten up a bit fella. I'm sure the op can take a little humor.

Could be nobody here has the answer to his specific problem. New trigger, old geezers and all.

OP, my serious remedy to the problem is also, watch gunbroker for the New Haven CT. USA made "Classic" or Pre '64 Model 70 of your choice. The trigger will be the best hunting trigger ever made.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
How are you sure with this being his 5th post??

The ones I’ve seen were fine, if I needed another Mod 70, I’d buy one of these before any other.

I’ve had two different pre 64’s go down. One a pin on the safety decided to leave and another had the bolt stop come out of alignment. I guess they suck also. Damn, what if it happened???!

Va se danar...since it’s humor, I’m sure you will be fine with that. 😀👍

“MOA, MOA!!!!”, and the fainting goats go down again. Funny!!
Don’t you just love humor?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
How are you sure with this being his 5th post??

The ones I’ve seen were fine, if I needed another Mod 70, I’d buy one of these before any other.

I’ve had two different pre 64’s go down. One a pin on the safety and another had the bolt stop come out of alignment. I guess they suck also.

Va se damar.....since it’s humor, I’m sure you will be fine with that. 😀👍

“MOA, MOA:” and the fainting goats go down again. Funny!!
Don’t you just love humor?

Thanks for looking after the OP.

We’ll try and be more sensitive to others feelings, and make sure everyone gets an equal participation award no matter who wins or loses.

It’s not that issues can’t or don’t arise with other models. It’s just that it’s fairly known data that the triggers just suck. OP apparently wasn’t satisfied with it and had tinkered with it in an attempt to improve upon it. When that didn’t work, posted a question of what’s next?
Two options have been given, and unless you’re adding a third, which I haven’t seen yet. The OP should either take this advice or not.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Like to see what the response would be if he made fun of one of you during one of your model 70 circle jerks.

The goats would all be incapacitated. Wouldn’t that be humorous?

Pay attention, I told him to go to a good Smith. If he sends me a PM I know one that can take care of it in his sleep.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I think you’re having a bad day, bro. Maybe take your meds or lay off of them. I wish you all the best.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
If you're having light strikes, then I'd suspect the cocking piece is possibly dragging on the sear. Looking at the diagram of a MOA trigger it might be the actuator isn't moving away from the sear far enough and binding it. Since you were into the trigger, and it didn't do it before, I'd suspect something wasn't reassembled correctly or the pull weight or overtravel screw is in too far. Just my WAG, good luck.

BTW, I'm in the camp that feels the MOA was not an improvement to the M70, just the opposite, but that's what happened when Browning got their mitts on it. mad

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Again one of the old worn-out campfire stupid comebacks when the other is lost.

I’m having a great day and I’m not your bro, and I doubt you would make the cut. You not being all that fond of humor at your expense.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 1234, 16gage, 06hunter59, 55 invisible), 2,334 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,404
Posts18,470,164
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.