-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He made it ‘crystal’ clear that ultimately, the people for whom the Sabbath were made are infinitely ‘more’ important than the Sabbath itself. Likewise, Pastor Missy shouldn’t ultimately lose her position...nor should wabigoon’s congregation ultimately lose their church...because of the ‘rule’ that “women shouldn’t speak in the church, and that they certainly shouldn’t be leaders of men in church.”

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

That guy's ready for anything.

well the Utube academy blowhard likes to give that impression,

but more importantly - Are you ready for anything anywhere and everywhere you go?

has 'ASP' made you that kind of person..That people would turn to in a church shooting?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I go to a larger church in Warren, Ohio. I am told we have some police and military people that are armed and in the church during services. I find that hard to believe when there are NO CARRYING stickers on all the doors.
I told one of the older part-time pastors that the church is a free kill zone, he didn't like that.

When you can get the last word with an echo, you may have the last word with your wife. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce
If goose was the only meat, there would be a lot more vegetarians. - Lloyd Adams, waterfowl hunter
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

That guy's ready for anything.

well the Utube academy blowhard likes to give that impression,

but more importantly - Are you ready for anything anywhere and everywhere you go?

has 'ASP' made you that kind of person..That people would turn to in a church shooting?

I'm not a huge fan of the man. In fact, he has me shadow banned from comments on his videos. I subscribe only to see the videos of encounters with criminals.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Interesting thread, Every sunday morning when leaving the house to my yard I'm in my church no one else allowed. I don't need to go somewhere else where I might need to be armed to listen to someone lecture me on what to think ,what to do, what to value or what to believe. If you do, so be it. Leave me out of it and I'll take care of myself where ever, when ever. Have a nice day. MB

Good choice. No matter what you do,you'll be doing it wrong and surely be going to hell anyway, according to what I've learned here......

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antlers
He made it ‘crystal’ clear that ultimately, the people for whom the Sabbath were made are infinitely ‘more’ important than the Sabbath itself. Likewise, Pastor Missy shouldn’t ultimately lose her position...nor should wabigoon’s congregation ultimately lose their church...because of the ‘rule’ that “women shouldn’t speak in the church, and that they certainly shouldn’t be leaders of men in church.”

That alleged "rule" wasn't even written by "Paul". The three Pastoral Epistles are know forgeries.

In Romans 16, and "Authentic Paul" letter, he demonstrates much different feeling towards women. I think Paul would of been pretty comfortable with the Pastor Missy.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Boy those jesuits have you all screwed up....

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Our meeting last night was three men, nine women.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I went to a Bible study last night too. I was the third man, there were 8 women. The session was lead by a woman.
Two comments - the woman leading the session was in the model of those mentioned in Romans 16, who were mostly nuns. Because Romans 16 doesn't refer to the holy sacrifice of the mass.

Second - an 8:3 ratio doesn't bode well for the health of the Church.

Politics is War by Other Means
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
You are correct, I would not have thought the county seat town was small. it is now. To paraphrase, "Heaven, we have a problem."

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I went to a Bible study last night too. I was the third man, there were 8 women. The session was lead by a woman.
Two comments - the woman leading the session was in the model of those mentioned in Romans 16, who were mostly nuns. Because Romans 16 doesn't refer to the holy sacrifice of the mass.

Tyrone,

If they were nuns Romans was written much later then Christians claim.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That is the norm for small country churches, something that some of the people who attend large churches do not get. Many of the small churches would cease to exist if not for the women who attend.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Tyrone,

If they were nuns Romans was written much later then Christians claim.
I don't think they were formal nuns, belonging to orders like Carmelites, but they did take vows of chastity like nuns. They probably performed works of mercy and charity like modern nuns. It's probable that they even performed miracles. But Romans 16 doesn't say what they did, they could have simply been great at serving coffee to the men, although I believe their roles were greater than something that simple.

We do know that women did not receive the sacrament of Holy Orders like men and therefore were not comparable to modern deacons in the RCC.

https://www.catholicweekly.com.au/w...-not-translate-to-modern-female-deacons/

Politics is War by Other Means
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Our church is about 170 years old, we have our third woman pastor in a row, after having none all that time before.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'll start over, I won't lead off with the choir this time.

Our minister spent a fair amount of time this morning on safely issues. A car was stolen from the church parking lot last Sunday. She also gave a code word to alert all of us to danger.

I asked on my way out if I should bring my handgun with me. She quickly said yes.

Any thoughts on the subject?

Well, yes, I carry in church. So does the pastor and his wife... as well as several others. Hope we never have to deal with the need for the pistols.

Further, there are at least two guys that .... given the nod from the pastor, will go and deal with disruptive and unruly folks in the pews. Designated heavies if you will. He looks out over the congregation and sees more than we in the pews do.

In all my years, I’ve only kicked out one group of three loud mouthed teenagers. It was easy to do. There were astonished when I confronted them and told them to sit quietly or leave. They chose to leave.

Last edited by TF49; 02/12/20.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

366 members (17CalFan, 1lesfox, 163bc, 1badf350, 160user, 06hunter59, 32 invisible), 2,369 guests, and 1,047 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,329
Posts18,526,628
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.