Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Yeah. Why exclude virus' - they are another wonderous creation of our loving god

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Yeah. Why exclude virus' - they are another wonderous creation of our loving god

You prove He is just, not just loving.

It rains on the ...

You and rocky prove there is always a cloud behind a silver lining, for a little while, anyway, which is exactly your objective and purpose.

Folks like you all keep us from living in Heaven on Earth now, and gives us hope in the hereafter.

Thank you and your bud satan.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/13/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Viruses are not species of animals that procreate from males and females.

Makes no difference.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by DBT
Plants and animals are not created, they evolve and grow. Only microbes existed on the planet for 3 billion years.

So how long since the advent of a new species and how long until the advent of another?

Are you aware of the timescales involved? What happened after each of the five major extinction events?

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I'm only in the arguement because I hate the way religion detracts from appreciating life as it is and just accepting that. Religion breeds many "sins" and relies on a propaganda based on fear of death, or rather what lies there after.

Time is better spent on a Sunday morning practicing double taps and mag changes, than filling ones head with delusional religous rubbish IMHO

Well?
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by DBT
Plants and animals are not created, they evolve and grow. Only microbes existed on the planet for 3 billion years.

Prove it!

It's been proven with one hundred and fifty years of research. Check out the textbooks. Only the means and mechanisms by which organisms evolve is left to investigate. Evolution is proven.

False. Micro-evolution has been proven, but the grander and all-important claims (macro-evolution) have not been proven.

Last edited by Tarquin; 02/13/20.

Tarquin
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm only in the arguement because I hate the way religion detracts from appreciating life as it is and just accepting that. Religion breeds many "sins" and relies on a propaganda based on fear of death, or rather what lies there after.

Time is better spent on a Sunday morning practicing double taps and mag changes, than filling ones head with delusional religous rubbish IMHO

You enjoy the unprecedented benefits of a culture called "western" civilization. Its premises are entirely religious; it is built upon Judeo-Christian morality and the fundamental precepts of Judeo-Christian monotheism.

Tarquin
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
No, civilisation and culture exists despite religion. I think christians and non-believers have 30% population each, the remaining 40% is all the other religions.

Religion is the "appendix" in the evolution of philosophy.

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 02/13/20.

Well?
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
No, civilisation and culture exists despite religion. I think christians and non-believers have 30% population each, the remaining 40% is all the other religions.

Not western civilization. You are utterly ignorant of history and the foundations of western culture. Utterly. Modern philosophy is entirely nihilistic, root and branch; it denies the existence of any such thing as "good".

Tarquin
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Well I am partially ignorant but it was politics that led the decisions for the advancement of society - sometimes under the guise of religion, but intentions divorced from religion none the less. There are prinicples in philosophy that drive religion and politics, and certainly religion fails these days to meet those intentions, and probably never did anyway.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
On re-think you are right. I recall of days gone where general bigotry and racial discrimination were bourne out of those of religeous faith.

Well?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by DBT

Prove it!

It's been proven with one hundred and fifty years of research. Check out the textbooks. Only the means and mechanisms by which organisms evolve is left to investigate. Evolution is proven.

False. Micro-evolution has been proven, but the grander and all-important claims (macro-evolution) have not been proven.

You need to brush up the evidence for evolution

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Not western civilization. You are utterly ignorant of history and the foundations of western culture. Utterly. Modern philosophy is entirely nihilistic, root and branch; it denies the existence of any such thing as "good".

Good is relative. We would not consider it good to be killed and eaten by a crocodile, but the crocodile probably feels good about getting a meal.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by DBT

Good is relative. We would not consider it good to be killed and eaten by a crocodile, but the crocodile probably feels good about getting a meal.

And your statement that "good" is relative says everything, to say nothing of being analytically silly as self-refuting.

Tarquin
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

And your statement that "good" is relative says everything, to say nothing of being analytically silly as self-refuting.

In other words you didn't understand what I said. wink

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Shark bites leg off surfer - good for the shark. Surfer sees the situation differently.

Well?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT

Read the book "The Case for miracles".

I know the claims and the arguments. They are not convincing....a spontaneous remission in every five million terminal cancer cases is a natural anomaly not divine intervention or a miracle. [/quote]

You are not talking from good information. The book is about a scientist who took a crew of doctors to record actual missionaries praying and what happens. The book is filled with documentation of person after person being healed from blindness or deafness. Read the book. You will be surprised.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by stxhunter
some humans are driven by Satan.

Possessed.

DF

Nah. Besides, as the story goes, Satan is the creation of god doing the will of God according to God's plan. Obedient to God, acting on instructions from God, eg: the book of Job.

Finally, my .com friend, I agree with your post. You understand it better than the vast majority of Christians.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

467 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 2ndwind, 12344mag, 1234, 1badf350, 48 invisible), 1,687 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,038
Posts18,521,093
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.