Page 5 of 62 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 61 62
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Spirituality doesn't equal salvation.

And yet salvation is 100% spiritual and 0% physical/worldly.

Kent

No, it's not. Talk is cheap. Actions mean everything, BUT, those actions must not be for others to know.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by Tom264
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Yes I know, another of those threads.

At one time in my life I was young, and thought I could act as I pleased, this is contrary to my raising.

I found myself in a spot that taught me I was not as smart as I had thought.

I had let enough of God's word linger in my mind to know I had to reach out. I am every so glad I did.

Thank you Jesus.

Any of you good folks have anything to share?

I find it funny you have to keep reminding us/yourself you are a “Christian”

I find this interesting also.

I find it interesting that other 'christians' feel the need to deride others of their faith.
I find it more interesting when those whose words/actions often show their hypocrisy tend to do so.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antlers
I strive, with difficulty, to be a follower of Jesus. The idea that the Power that created the universe is interested in having a relationship with me...one of His creations...resonates with me. Everything else really pales in comparison to that idea. Once that relationship was established, fine theological points that are so often considered important, evaporated. To know that when the Creator of all the universe is on your side...it changes your perspective and gives life real meaning. It makes my life better, and makes me better at life. And it causes me to see other people differently...I strive to see them the way that God sees them...made in the spiritual image of God, they are the supreme objects of His creation. I truly feel that extending grace to other people is the greatest opportunity that we’ll ever have, relationally, while we’re on this earth. “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.“ - Jesus
I take ‘that’ to heart.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Rom 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

There it is in a nutshell. You believe or you don't. You're saved or you're not. There's no other option.

Seems simple enough, but what about God calling only those who he knows will answer, and not bothering with the others?

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Many do not, will not take Him up on it.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Rom 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

There it is in a nutshell. You believe or you don't. You're saved or you're not. There's no other option.

Seems simple enough, but what about God calling only those who he knows will answer, and not bothering with the others?
It's your choice. That fact that God already knows what it will be doesn't affect anything. It's still your choice.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T

Ok.
Scenario.

I am your neighbor, I have cookies for sale.....I know you don’t eat cookies because of your sugar diabetes but knowing you are my neighbor and we are friends and I don’t want to hurt your feelings I ask you anyways knowing well ahead you will not purchase them.
In this case I know you won’t buy my cookies....I offer them to you anyways because we are great friends....you still say no. Now what?

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I am trying to explain to myself how to get to the timing. Some conversions have taken decades.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Why am I a Christian? Short answer is: Because Christ died for me and paid the penalty for my sin.

Jesus said "repent and believe the gospel"...i did, and continue to.

I could expound on some theology of God's efficacious call, etc. I hold to more of what some call a reformed doctrine. I found Romans 9 answered a lot of my questions. I'm not looking to debate, but glad to discuss this by pm.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I was raised in a family that worshipped God through Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit but decided I wanted freedom. I went out and tried to invent a worldview that would allow me to do what I wanted when I wanted. I found pursuit of my appetites a pointless and empty endeavor.

Once my God’s grace allowed me to get to the point where I was in so much pain I had to kill myself or bend the knee to the Lord of the universe I became sane and said as did the great king, I ...” lifted my eyes to heaven, and my reason returned to me, and I blessed the Most High, and praised and honored him who lives forever...”

I cannot see another worldview that doesn’t lead to nihilism and we’re reaping our collective abandonment of the Lord of Heaven.

My life is not my own and I am deeply grateful for that. I have been chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world NOT (THERE IS NO WAY OBVIOUSLY) because I am better than anyone, but because God “will have mercy upon whom He will have mercy”

The foreknowledge argument either ignores the plain meaning of the text (ie God foreknew everyone which would lead to universalism) or adds to it “those He foreknew would choose Him...” but in any case it ignores the clear teaching of Scripture that apart from the work of the Holy Spirit in the heart of depraved man we are all without hope of any kind whatsoever.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by efw
I was raised in a family that worshipped God through Christmas by the power of the Holy Spirit but decided I wanted freedom. I went out and tried to invent a worldview that would allow me to do what I wanted when I wanted. I found pursuit of my appetites a pointless and empty endeavor.

Once my God’s grace allowed me to get to the point where I was in so much pain I had to change or kill myself or bend the knee to the Lord of the universe I became sane and said as did the great king, I ...” lifted my eyes to heaven, and my reason returned to me, and I blessed the Most High, and praised and honored him who lives forever...”

I cannot see another worldview that doesn’t lead to nihilism and we’re reaping our collective abandonment of the Lord of Heaven.

My life is not my own and I am deeply grateful for that. I have been chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world NOT (THERE IS NO WAY OBVIOUSLY) because I am better than anyone, but because God “will have mercy upon whom He will have mercy”

The foreknowledge argument either ignores the plain meaning of the text (ie God foreknew everyone which would lead to universalism) or adds to it “those He foreknew would choose Him...” but in any case it ignores the clear teaching of Scripture that apart from the work of the Holy Spirit in the heart of depraved man we are all without hope of any kind whatsoever.

Well said...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
So the question is why did The Christian God go soft couple millennia ago?

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I find it both interesting and informative, hearing the different answers to this question, probably the most important question of all times.

I appreciate the responses, in essence testimonies of who we are and whose we are.

There were two trees in the Garden of Eden. Each and everyone of us has roots in one or the other. Google the Spiritual significance of Two Trees in the Garden, discover your roots.

Not having a position IS a position, default is a declaration.

DF

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
I find it both interesting and informative, hearing the different answers to this question, probably the most important question of all times.

I appreciate the responses, in essence testimonies of who we are and whose we are.

There were two trees in the Garden of Eden. Each and everyone of us has roots in one or the other. Google the Spiritual significance of Two Trees in the Garden, discover your roots.

DF

Two trees?

Genesis 2:8And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed. 9And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

There were many trees in the Garden. Likely hundreds or even thousands, that were pleasant to look at and good for food. But there was only one that God told the man they could not eat of it. And we all, with certain exceptions, know what happened next..........

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by RickyD

DF

Two trees? Genesis_2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed. 9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

The two trees referenced are the Tree of Life and the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.

Focus on those two. Interesting stuff.

DF

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

It's your choice. That fact that God already knows what it will be doesn't affect anything. It's still your choice.

Amen.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by RickyD

DF

Two trees? Genesis_2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed. 9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

The two trees referenced are the Tree of Life and the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.

Focus on those two. Interesting stuff.

DF

That was the problem: Adam, and later Eve, focusing on the only tree God forbid them from eating of, with the introduction of Satan in the Garden. It did not appear to be hard for Adam, but Eve was a different story. God stacked the deck.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
God “stacked the deck”? Are you suggesting He is a trickster?

If one reads the interaction between the serpent & Eve you can see that human kinds’ tendency to doubt God’s word existed before the serpent even came along. The father of lies coaxed along a tendency already existent.

God, however, has always been about the business of redemption from the beginning. He is, by definition, the One who is in control of the universe and owes man nothing. The post enlightenment worship of individual autonomy is today isogeted into the texts to support our notion that we are in control even of Gods redemptive plan for His people.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Depends on the nature of the decision making process and its inputs.

Some find the bible convincing, others don't. Some find the Qur'an or Gita convincing, others don't.

Do you have a choice in what you find is convincing to you? Can you choose to be convinced in the 'truth' of the Hindu world view, for example?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by efw
God “stacked the deck”? Are you suggesting He is a trickster?

If one reads the interaction between the serpent & Eve you can see that human kinds’ tendency to doubt God’s word existed before the serpent even came along. The father of lies coaxed along a tendency already existent.

God, however, has always been about the business of redemption from the beginning. He is, by definition, the One who is in control of the universe and owes man nothing. The post enlightenment worship of individual autonomy is today isogeted into the texts to support our notion that we are in control even of Gods redemptive plan for His people.

Being omniscient He would have known it was happening in real time, would have known it was coming, would have known what would happen...

Not to mention it was all by His Creation. He’s in charge of all of it...

Seems to me there’s not really any choice about it

Page 5 of 62 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 61 62

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 11point, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,789 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,385
Posts18,469,625
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.