Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 62 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 61 62
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Why are you unbelievers and atheists SO SO SO obsessed with Christianity?

I don't see the unbelievers starting up these threads.
I have largely stayed out of them in the past but do you all really need to pass out your Watchtower magazines every week?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
Antelope -sniper is like the rich man that fared sumptuously everyday, then died. One day, he’ll lift up his eyes, being in Hell, and beg for a single drop of water.

He is lost and has rejected God. My guess is he has crossed that line, so be done with him. Don’t argue, don’t explain....he has made his decision, let him die with it. You can pray for him, but not much else.

Bristecd,

I see no good evidence for the existence of your hell.

Take a look at the arguments made tonight. They fall into three categories,

Faith: the excuse one used when they have no evidence, or in the face of evidence to the contrary.

Threats: The immoral proposition that your god sends everyone to hell for his failure to provide sufficient evidence,

Bible verses: Which are totally irrelevant until there's sufficient evidence to believe in your mythos.

My minds open to being changed when provided with sufficient evidence, your side just doesn't have any good evidence, let alone anything approaching extraordinary evidence to support your extraordinary claims.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Tom264
Yeah.
I’m done casting my pearls......

You guys win.

I tried.

Tom,

There are plenty of areas where you can do some good. Focus on those.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Yeah.

You guys win.

I tried.

You are the one who admitted you have no good evidence to present, just Faith.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NVhntr

Do Christians believe that the other 3/4 of the world are going to hell?

No its far more than that, even if you are of
The 'wrong' denomination of rival christian
you won't receive the same grace of God.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Pearls before swine is a waste of wealth...

And thinking that sand is pearls is a waste of intellect.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Starman

No its far more than that, even if you are of
The 'wrong' denomination of rival christian
you won't receive the same grace of God.

For some believers the club is even smaller, with only 144,000 Jew's being admitted to heaven, all who are virgins and never told a single lie. And this appears in the New Testament.

Revelation 7:3–8:
... saying: "Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees, until after we have sealed the servants of God on their foreheads."
And I heard the number of the sealed, a hundred and forty-four thousand, sealed from every tribe of the sons of Israel:
12,000 from the tribe of Judah were sealed,
12,000 from the tribe of Reuben,
12,000 from the tribe of Gad,
12,000 from the tribe of Asher,
12,000 from the tribe of Naphtali,
12,000 from the tribe of Manasseh,
12,000 from the tribe of Simeon,
12,000 from the tribe of Levi,
12,000 from the tribe of Issachar,
12,000 from the tribe of Zebulun,
12,000 from the tribe of Joseph,
12,000 from the tribe of Benjamin were sealed.[1]

Revelation 14:1:
Then I looked, and behold, on Mount Zion stood the Lamb, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads.[2]

Revelation 14:3–5:
And they were singing a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and before the elders. No one could learn that song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. For it is these who have not defiled themselves with women, for they are virgins. It is these who follow the Lamb wherever he goes. These have been redeemed from mankind as firstfruits for God and the Lamb, and in their mouth no lie was found, for they are blameless.[3]

That makes for a very small heaven, and a very crowded Hell.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rickshaw
Do you think you would be a Christian if you were born in Saudi Arabia?
Or India?
Or Japan?
Or Nepal?

And not one direct answer to my questions.

Yes. Is that direct?

Very direct.
So your God sent the vast majority of the humans who have ever lived to the earth merely to send them to Hell.

I'll pass on that God.

“Fuck ‘em”
-God

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

I don't think my wife would like knowing she has defiled me.....................nor any of the other womens I lay with.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

what, more threats of Hell?

You and I both knew it was coming.
Its the std. last ditch pitch served up
around here.

Tom prob didn't know how immune
I am to such, Having grown up around
Irish and Mediterranean Roman Catholics,
attending Catholic schools, etc.

I love my God.
I want to please Him and make Him proud of me.

Everyone falls short of God, thus I can't see what
Any man can do to impress God/make him proud
... It sounds absurd.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Yeah.

You guys win.

I tried.

AS,

Please know that it is not a Christian duty or responsibility to convince you about the reality of God and the reality of Jesus and the gift. Folks such as I can point the way ..... explain little or much depending upon the “ears” that hear us....hold you up in prayer before the Father... so on and so forth ...But, it is the Holy Spirit of God .... not me or others.....that shows the clear and weighty truth to the honest seeker of God.

God will not hold me responsible for your eternal destiny. That is between you and God.

Those that have ears to hear, will indeed hear. Those that “stick their own fingers in their ears” ..... for whatever reason they do.... those are the ones that will not hear and not believe and who have not yet received the gift.

Also....There has been much talk about evidence or “proof.” There is proof. As, I have previously related, God spoke to me..... God proved Himself to me. I related that experience on this Forum.

I have proof and you don’t. Our differences may be as simple as that. Seek the proof.... it is there.

Btw....regarding “threat” ....... when one recognizes an “indication of impending.....whatever.....trouble, risk or danger....”...... a responsible caring person might warn the one who is at risk. With that thought in mind, yes, I fear for you and am trying to warn you. Others have as well. Kinda like warning someone of a runaway horse headed their way.....”Watch Out!”

Not to say that preaching hellfire is of no value, but it seems to me that simply threatening some one with hellfire will do little good. Sometimes yes, but why would they be afraid of hellfire from a God they place no stock in? Seems that something specific from the Holy Spirit has to have been communicated first. Anyway, that is a digression.

This is your life and a hand has been dealt to you..... play it wisely.

ATB,

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman
What are my 'usual tactics'..?
go ahead expose me!..

No need - it's already hanging out fully exposed all to see. And, who is laughing?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TF49
Yeah.

You guys win.

I tried.

AS,

Please know that it is not a Christian duty or responsibility to convince you about the reality of God and the reality of Jesus and the gift. Folks such as I can point the way ..... explain little or much depending upon the “ears” that hear us....hold you up in prayer before the Father... so on and so forth ...But, it is the Holy Spirit of God .... not me or others.....that shows the clear and weighty truth to the honest seeker of God.

God will not hold me responsible for your eternal destiny. That is between you and God.

Those that have ears to hear, will indeed hear. Those that “stick their own fingers in their ears” ..... for whatever reason they do.... those are the ones that will not hear and not believe and who have not yet received the gift.

Also....There has been much talk about evidence or “proof.” There is proof. As, I have previously related, God spoke to me..... God proved Himself to me. I related that experience on this Forum.

I have proof and you don’t. Our differences may be as simple as that. Seek the proof.... it is there.

Btw....regarding “threat” ....... when one recognizes an “indication of impending.....whatever.....trouble, risk or danger....”...... a responsible caring person might warn the one who is at risk. With that thought in mind, yes, I fear for you and am trying to warn you. Others have as well. Kinda like warning someone of a runaway horse headed their way.....”Watch Out!”

Not to say that preaching hellfire is of no value, but it seems to me that simply threatening some one with hellfire will do little good. Sometimes yes, but why would they be afraid of hellfire from a God they place no stock in? Seems that something specific from the Holy Spirit has to have been communicated first. Anyway, that is a digression.

This is your life and a hand has been dealt to you..... play it wisely.

ATB,

TF

Proof is a body of information that anyone can access and evaluate and draw a similar conclusion. Personal experience is subjective.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Also, it's not a matter of who 'wins' but what is true.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DBT

Proof is a body of information that anyone can access and evaluate and draw a similar conclusion. Personal experience is subjective.

It is available to anyone that sincerely seeks to know. The problem is most don't.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We seem to under a counter attack, I think we can stand up to it. laugh

Just not with logic and reason.
Logic and reason are some of the processes developed by humans - apparently in the quest to gain understanding of whatever intellectual, moral, etc. itches beset them from time to time. These can be very significant processes and quite important to certain types of humans involved with inquisition - possibly some of the best exercises of human talent and capability. Yet - human and limited by human nature - not capable of explaining/validating/justifying everything in life, and certainly not the Creator. Not by works alone, - - -

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by xxclaro

And that is this biggest problem with religious types such as yourself. It is your unwillingness to ask the hard questions, such as does a given claim of a supernatural being meet it's burden of proof. If it does, is this being moral and ethical, and if not, would it be moral and ethical for me to follow it?

I don’t need proof if I have faith.

Thank you! This get right to the heart of the matter I think,at least for me. Some people have faith in a certain set of beliefs,in this instance Christianity, and some don't. The big question that I've been trying to figure out for a long time is if there is a choice to be made to have faith or not. So far I can't really see how there is.
The trouble arises when those with faith try to convince those without using evidence, or those without try to convince those with faith that they have evidence to the contrary.
Invariably it seems one side finds the evidence convincing, the other doesn't. Again, I can't see a choice there, it just is what it is. How does one choose to believe what they find unbelievable? How can one stop believing something that they absolutely believe?
I don't really have good answers to these questions, but they are the reason I follow these topics.

Every one has faith. They exercise it by believing what they can't know. Some believe, by faith, God is. Others, by faith, believe He is not. At least one can point to information and say it can't happen with out Intelligence. The other uses blind faith and believes nothing made information.

You don't even understand the difference between information and a chemical reaction.

A chemical reaction IS information.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
It's a ruthless Boss who throws people into Hell for their beliefs or their lack of conviction. Reason would say: convince the person, not torture them.

Yes, among other important qualities - ruthless - you got it. Whose reason? Human reason, or the reason of the Almighty?

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by DBT

It is available to anyone that sincerely seeks to know. The problem is most don't.

Your subjective experience is not accessible to anyone else.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by DBT
It's a ruthless Boss who throws people into Hell for their beliefs or their lack of conviction. Reason would say: convince the person, not torture them.

Yes, among other important qualities - ruthless - you got it. Whose reason? Human reason, or the reason of the Almighty?

Reason is determined by information. If the 'Almighty' is said to have given a set of values, and is said to embody this set of values, yet is described acting contrary to the very same set of values....we have a problem, we are presented with a contradiction.

Page 12 of 62 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 61 62

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (16gage, 160user, 1Longbow, 1234, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 55 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,427
Posts18,470,733
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.