Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by eric1186
Boise is already pretty liberal...
Ada County (Boise) was 48% for Trump last election, 39% Clinton. There were some blue precincts but overall they're still red. It's getting more liberal all the time but it's not even close to Potland or Seattle.

Ada county voted Democrat in the last gubernatorial election and some of what our newly elected republican governor has said or done since he was elected causes one to wonder if isn't trying to appease them

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It'll never happen. There's a proposal to join much of eastern and SW Oregon along with a chunk of northern CA to Idaho to form Greater Idaho. People in OR are sick of being run by raving liberal maniacs. To do it would require approval by the legislatures of each state plus congress. It would mean OR losing at least maybe 2 or 3 seats in congress and an equal number of EC votes that would change from blue to red. Potlandia would never do that. GREATER IDAHO

[Linked Image from bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com]

you'd be picking up a lot of tweakers, not sure if the Shakespeare Festival would be worth it.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fester

I was in a training class last week and a guy was in charge of sending water to LA(Cali)
He told me that if it wasn’t for them pulling river water the bay would turn into a fresh water lake
and if they didn’t the rivers would be brackish.......

Pretty much the definition of an estuary, where salt and fresh water move back and forth and mix depending on the tides and the inflows. low water years, the salt used to move upstream, highwater years the fresh would push downstream. 1862 was probably freshwater all the way out to the Farallon islands!

the second part is about the water used for irrigation along the San Joaquin, the irrigation returns would be worse if not for the extra water from the north.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I like Trumps idea.

WE BUY GREENLAND.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Just like what the Jefferson Staters have been fighting since 1947. Central and southern California would be financially devastated by the chokehold of agricultural water that comes from Jefferson State. It would make the destruction of Owens Valley by Los Angeles water authority look like a church picnic. Water war on a grand scale. There is a legal process to statehood, but justice has been denied. The current states won't allow it, the Feds won't allow it...but we can't just quit fighting. Most of our legal actions were struck down in the 9th circuit court of appeals, maybe Trump can change the bias of the court.

I think SoCal gets more water form the Eastern Sierra and the Colorado River doesn't it?

Nope. A full 75% of water falls north of Sac. and almost 75% is used below Sac of tomatoes. They'll be in full panic mode. All of the State of Jefferson meetings I attended addressed this and a bunch of federal rights kinda intercede a full takeover of water rights. Bummer.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sycamore
It'll never happen. There's a proposal to join much of eastern and SW Oregon along with a chunk of northern CA to Idaho to form Greater Idaho. People in OR are sick of being run by raving liberal maniacs. To do it would require approval by the legislatures of each state plus congress. It would mean OR losing at least maybe 2 or 3 seats in congress and an equal number of EC votes that would change from blue to red. Potlandia would never do that. GREATER IDAHO

[Linked Image from bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com]

you'd be picking up a lot of tweakers, not sure if the Shakespeare Festival would be worth it.

yeah, maybe not.

But I'd not have to deal with two different divisions of our insurance company because Ashland is in a different state!

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DMc
I like Trumps idea.

WE BUY GREENLAND.

I say we annex Mexico and Canada too. Maybe all the way to that little canal too.

Straighten out the political system, show them how real capitalism works, use up all their resources too (F China!), have a source of American cheap labor and lots of Canadian lumber..............

what could go wrong?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JLimbo
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Just like what the Jefferson Staters have been fighting since 1947. Central and southern California would be financially devastated by the chokehold of agricultural water that comes from Jefferson State. It would make the destruction of Owens Valley by Los Angeles water authority look like a church picnic. Water war on a grand scale. There is a legal process to statehood, but justice has been denied. The current states won't allow it, the Feds won't allow it...but we can't just quit fighting. Most of our legal actions were struck down in the 9th circuit court of appeals, maybe Trump can change the bias of the court.

I think SoCal gets more water form the Eastern Sierra and the Colorado River doesn't it?

Nope. A full 75% of water falls north of Sac. and almost 75% is used below Sac of tomatoes. They'll be in full panic mode. All of the State of Jefferson meetings I attended addressed this and a bunch of federal rights kinda intercede a full takeover of water rights. Bummer.

The Colorado River originates more than 1,000 miles (1,600 km) from California in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado and Wyoming and forms the state's southeastern border in the Mojave Desert. Unlike the other California watersheds, essentially all of the water flowing in the Colorado originates outside the state. The Colorado is a critical source of irrigation and urban water for southern California, providing between 55 and 65 percent of the total supply.[13]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_in_California

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rifletom
Seafire, you forgot Sacramento. Now there's a toilet that needs a serious flushing.

Saca Potatoes would be helpless if the Bay Area and So Cal were gone...I'm sure most of the liberals would leave
over that alone...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Idaho would be nuts to take in Josephine County, OR. Just a couple years ago they reduced the sheriff's dept from 20 deputies to 2 and crime shot up 80%. From what I've read, i's become a drug and crime mecca. This proposal would take in a large share of OR's weed growing area. We don't need that.

JoCo's Reputation elsewhere doesn't take in a lot of real world facts..

it has a low population, and even tho the county has a lot of dope growing here.. and legalizing it, didn't necessarily increase it dramatically.. so that considered, stats are more skewed than one would think.. they might seem like a large percentage of the population.. but when you look at it, its not that big of a number as it would be elsewhere... like 20% of 5 is only one...not a big number...

Crime has risen here dramatically.. but its stupid piddly crap... instead of blaming it on JoCo, one can thank Salem and Kate Brown and her democRAT minions for that... yeah, you have a lot of unemployed bums here, and welfare abusers who don't want to work.. but Salem legalizing drugs, not enforcing laws, pushing catch and release, handicapping the LEOs statewide, JoCo is just more fertile for it to look worse....there are a lot of retirees in the county population.. and most of those are CA Transplants..
most think the crime rate is low in JoCo, compared to where they came from down in Ca...

and as I said... most 'criminals' in JoCo are far from the brightest crayon in the box, or the smartest tool in the shed.....so most of it is all petty stuff.... snatch and grab... shoplifting, illegal dope grows.. etc..

"Statistics" don't always tell the full picture...

and when the police force ( County Sheriff's Office) the reduction was 90 officers down to 2... not just 20 officers let go..
that happened because under Obama, the funds that the Sheriff's Office relied upon for 50 plus years... Funds from the O & C lands ( Oregon and California Lands), where the Federal Government gave money back to the local towns and counties for timber cut on Federal Lands , which was relied upon for over 50 yrs.. Obama let the Federal Government keep all of that money, and to hell with the local counties and towns....

but they still pour money into programs that make being a transient is real lucrative for them....and that is a big source of the big 'crime spree".....

JoCo is a snapshot of what the leftist in the nation, if they get in charge, will turn rural America into... just as their policies have turned San Fran, Potlandia and Seattle into glimpses of the third world.. in the middle of the richest country on the planet...

and yeah, I know about JoCo first hand since I have lived here for the last 25 years....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
How about we just discount and remove the representatives due to illegals numbers?

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
No thanks, was thinking about lopping off Ada County as it is.....................

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (007FJ, 1234, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 66 invisible), 2,415 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,422
Posts18,470,622
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.