Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I'm not going to read this entire thread. So if someone has already posted this solution, I apologise for the repeat.

You might try Spraying Roundup all around the base of the tree. I did that once trying to kill weeds. I killed the weeds and also killed the tree.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
there was once a huge oak tree at a 4 way intersection that made viewing traffic very hard. after an accident there were complaints to the county to cut it down but for some reason they would not, it was probably on private land is my guess.

any how it died - it took 2 years but it did die. i heard that a few granules of spike were sprinkled around it from a farmer that i knew well.

i have accidentally killed oak and hickory trees with spike and i did not get the pellets with in 15 feet of the trees that died.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by KC

I'm not going to read this entire thread. So if someone has already posted this solution, I apologise for the repeat.

You might try Spraying Roundup all around the base of the tree. I did that once trying to kill weeds. I killed the weeds and also killed the tree.

Landscaping buddy uses a mixture of roundup, diesel fuel, and dawn which helps it stick when using his sprayer. Claims it will kill about anything.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have nice neighbors, the US Bureau of Land Management, but they don't keep up the property very well and they lease it to some folks with stinky brush control methods that draw flies.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The BLM "weeds" grow right up to my fenceline. And their critters come over and eat my plants:

And these "weeds" are always being blow in by the wind, or carried in by their critters, then sprouting, flowering, and trying to spread too.

Remember..................One man's weeds are another man's wildflowers.

Geno

PS Wayne, you never mentioned how well you know your neighbor? Young or old? Healthy or infirm? Perhaps he has a issues of some sort or another that prevent him from maintaining his yard? Maybe he would welcome the help?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
In old England the Oak on your property belonged to the king. But if it fell over, you could have it. That is where the term "windfall" came from.
In old England the deer on your property belonged to the king. If you killed it, you were a poacher.

In the young America, the trees and deer on your property were yours.

Now the game department owns the deer on my property and the city requires a permit for me to trim or cut a tree. I have to submit a geological survey among other things.
Tyranny is back.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad

PS Wayne, you never mentioned how well you know your neighbor? Young or old? Healthy or infirm? Perhaps he has a issues of some sort or another that prevent him from maintaining his yard? Maybe he would welcome the help?

Geno, Geno, Geno,

Step back in line, Soldier! This is NO place to be talking all common sensy and chit!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

good mornin' Lynn,

How many pages are you guessing?

Geno

Good morning Geno,

I am thinking 33 pages as things stand right now, but if the libations start to flow it could go 45.

Quite truthfully, I would respect a neighbour who came and talked to me about the problem, and I would be more than willing to work with him as he showed me he gave a damn about doing it right. I have a big problem with gutless humans, male or females. don't matter which.

Three categories of friends I don't own, and family I don't keep around, gutless, useless, and stupid. Makes life just a little less annoying.

Personally if someone killed anything on my land/property, life would get interesting for them.

I hope you have a good day, and that life might just bless you with something extra special today smile

Lynn

Lynn, I'll take your reply as extra special enough today.

My wife and I have a new puppy and we're plenty blessed already, the sun is shining, it's up to just above freezing from a low of 12F, I can get some yard work done in preparation for Spring, and I have fun threads to read here!

What more can a guy ask for?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I say egg that cocksuckkers house like pronto!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Geno, Geno, Geno,

Step back in line, Soldier! This is NO place to be talking all common sensy and chit!

Rooster,

Well F me silly,

How could I forget the logic and common sense preclusion here?

Thanks for the reminder, I'm just now finishing my second cup of Joe so I'll blame it on that

Geno

In it is contentment

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Geno, Geno, Geno,

laugh laugh !

Lynn

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Geno, Geno, Geno,

Rooster,

Well F me silly,

How could I forget the logic and common sense preclusion here?

Thanks for the reminder, I'm just now finishing my second cup of Joe so I'll blame it on that

Geno

I forgive you.

This time.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Just go speak to the neighbor.
This crap isn't exactly rocket science.....

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Raeford

Raeford,

Please see Rooster's comment to me.

This isn't rocket science....................it's harder!

Geno

In it is contentment

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Oh God Dammit!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Torch the "hood!!

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

Oh God Dammit!

laugh laugh

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Could be worse.

3 sumac trees? Pffft

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
There is a product called Polaris, it will kill the sheit out of them, make sure you spray all the trees around his house and rest of his yard so he don't suspect it was you who just sprayed that one fence line. 😂😂😂

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah
Spray the whole damn place while theyre inside hittin their crack pipe. Mix in some diesel, tell them it must of have been a fuel dump by an airliner.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by WayneShaw
Since some are slamming me for killing someone else's trees, the owner does nothing along this fence line or his other fences. Everything grows wild and is never touched. They are completely bare right now, and if they just never grew leaves, oh well.

That really has nothing to do with your willingness to trespass and destroy private property that does not belong to you. That is the long and short of it. You are conspiring to a criminal act.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 64 invisible), 2,536 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,808
Posts18,477,541
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.