Home
Posted By: WayneShaw To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
There are several sumac trees growing just on the other side of the fence between me and our neighbours. They are only about 4" at the base now, but these things grow fast around here, and spread. I always heard an old wives tale about driving a copper nail in a tree to kill it, but I doubt that works. I know if I cut the bark all around it would do it, but that's obvious. Any ideas for a discreet death?
Pour a bunch of regular old table salt around the base.
In other words, you don't have balls enough to go talk to your neighbor face to face like a man. It is his property - you want advice on how to be a criminal. Good luck.
Posted By: sackett Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
Have you talked to you neighbor about them? I would start there first.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
Drain-0 crystals in a hole bored in the trunk. Lots of copper nails driven in. That's what I was told right here.
delted.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
In other words, you don't have balls enough to go talk to your neighbor face to face like a man. It is his property - you want advice on how to be a criminal. Good luck.

Yep. How true. Hope you get sued to extinction, it’s not your land.
Posted By: Snyper Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
Whine like a little girl until the high pitched wailing kills them. wink
Posted By: hanco Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
Drill at a down angle into trunk below ground, pour brush killer in hole. Guaranteed
Posted By: RickyD Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
Originally Posted by WayneShaw
There are several sumac trees growing just on the other side of the fence between me and our neighbours. They are only about 4" at the base now, but these things grow fast around here, and spread. I always heard an old wives tale about driving a copper nail in a tree to kill it, but I doubt that works. I know if I cut the bark all around it would do it, but that's obvious. Any ideas for a discreet death?

Maybe you could visit with them about the trees and ask if you could cut them down. If you don't want them, they might not either.
Posted By: WTF Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
Drill a hole into the trunk and put a piece of 1/4" copper tubing in it.
Posted By: slumlord Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
Originally Posted by hanco
Drill at a down angle into trunk below ground, pour brush killer in hole. Guaranteed
this^^^

“Hack and squirt”

Cut through the bark and get into the cambium, get some concentrated Gly in there.

However....I don’t want to be a little female dog and pile on like Snyper. My comment is for educational purposes only 👍😃

What are you prepared to lose in retaliation after you do it, assuming your neighbor is like you, of course.
The OP simply asked how to kill a tree.
avenged sevenfold. hahaha

They might drop a litter of kittens in your pool. 🤮😀
Originally Posted by wabigoon

On the other side of the fence line. If he owned the land and trees he wouldn’t be acting like a sneaky thief.

How do I ruin my neighbor's vehicle, anonymously?
Sugar in the gas tank, you did ask. laugh
Posted By: hanco Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
Kill them one at a time, nobody be the wiser
Posted By: Muffin Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20

Did he plant them there so that he couldn't see you?????
Posted By: erikj Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
My first home was bordered by welfare tweakers. I would lean towards withholding judgment. That said, we fixed the place up and moved pretty Damn quick. grin
Good luck

Do you need to confess something?

😃😃
Posted By: 12344mag Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
You should probably respect your neighbors property.
Originally Posted by slumlord

Do you need to confess something?

😃😃

I did hear of a guy that had a really 'nice' hotrod that was terrorizing the neighbors, when confronted about safety, kids and such, decided he didn't need to change......... someone told me that they just poured a quart or two of oil, fresh of course, into his gas tank one night...... turned it into a 'blue hazer' ......... and I guess heart-broken he sold is Mustang.....

I guess you should be careful how you drive, you can ruin an engine......
I use weed killer ......Bore hole in trunk and spray or pour in hole....It will drink it fast.... Refill hole a couple of times....Dead tree.....

Anti freeze works better
Originally Posted by 12344mag
You should probably respect your neighbors property.

Nothing quite like soliciting help in breaking the law on an open forum... whistle
Posted By: 1bigdude Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
Glosphate 41%,aka weedkiller just spray it on the bark

Oh, sure, how are ya gonna get the little door open? It ain't like 50 years ago when free gas was only a siphon hose and a gas can away.
And this IS, the same l' 'fire. laugh
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Oh, sure, how are ya gonna get the little door open? It ain't like 50 years ago when free gas was only a siphon hose and a gas can away.

With a transmission funnel. Unless the vehicle is a late model, it wont have a locking door.
Posted By: OAM Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20

Bingo
Posted By: Bama_Rick Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
You could try the Harvey Updike method. But be sure to come back on here and tell us all about it...

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...-sentenced-3-years-auburn-tree-poisoning
You all do know that sugar doesn’t dissolve in gasoline right? And since 99% of the vehicles made since the 90’s has the fuel pump in the tank, the worst you could do is plug up the filter and pump in the tank. A gallon of water would be the ticket.
Posted By: Cabarillo Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
Product called " Power pellets" will take out the western red cedars and cost about a dime per inch of cedar trunk. Spike product takes out small brush like jujube and wild plum.
Originally Posted by WTF

With a transmission funnel. Unless the vehicle is a late model, it wont have a locking door.

Should work great on an older Corolla

LOL
Karo syrup in the oil actually works. Sugar doesn't.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Karo syrup in the oil actually works. Sugar doesn't.

But not in the winter. That Karo wont pour for chit when it's cold
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
Blow up their mailbox in the wee hours of the morning with a M80

Mike
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
On your side of the fence, stack a couple bags of water softener salt. For storage. It'd be a shame if they somehow got torn by maybe a weed whacker. And just before the wet season, too. That whole ten bucks lost.

Now, you'll have to lay down some pavers because nothing will grow there. Boat storage? Grill? Damn.
Posted By: hosfly Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
tordon pellets scatter on the ground under trees , dont kill grass just broad leaf plants and woody plants
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
....or you could take a paper sack full of schit and put it on their doorstep , set fire to it , then ring their doorbell , run like hell.

Mike
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
Get your chain saw in your hands...go knock on your neighbors door and tell him...."Hey I'm going to cut that tree of yours down...wanna come watch?"

See how this works out for you!!
Originally Posted by 6mm250

Mike

Yup, good idea. Go from killing a tree that’s not yours or fugging up a car that’s not yours to 2 maybe 3 Federal felonies. Blowing up a mailbox is one for sure, possession/ use of a class B destructive device is 2 and now days maybe a domestic terrorism charge. Nothing like getting the Feds crawling up everybody’s ass in the area. Damn good advice on the fire today.
....or you could take a paper sack full of schit and put it on their doorstep , set fire to it , then ring their doorbell , run like hell.

Mike

I did that once

they never answered the door, thought the door frame was gonna catch on fire. So I ran back over and used his water hose to put it out.

What a mess

Ashes, partially cooked dog shît. I’m sure the confusion read like a Far Side comic when they finally seen the remnants of the failed assault.
if they are the right kind , grow them and sell , be careful some are poisonous :

https://nuts.com/cookingbaking/herb...j6Lvb5wIVviCtBh2RsQj1EAEYASAAEgLy7fD_BwE
Posted By: mikieb Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
First off, I have sumac trees growing in my yard, and I really like them... they look kinda odd just growing in the middle of my back yard, but they add a nice texture to the land scaping and provide shade on the hottest days when I need it most. Also in the fall they turn a wonderfull red and are not hard to clean up after when the leaves fall....

Whith that said... Here is how you kill your neibors trees.

Sumac spread by rizome, that is, they send out roots to spread. Let your neibors trees spread onto your property. Let them grow... when they get 1-2 inch in dia. wait untill July or Aug or so and, on YOUR property, cut them off. Then take some Round up concentrate, about 3/4 cup, and add 1/4 cup water and paint the sumac stumps on YOUR side of the fence.... the chemical will translocate thru the whole root network and kill them all.

That is how my next door neibor killed mine. Worked like a charm.

Some time this summer, the stack vent on his house is gonna get an air tight clog.... and, when I hear him complain about how his house stinks and toilets don't flush... I'm gonna be smiling inside.... and ask him, if maybe it's time to sell that money pit.... You kids keep playing with your sugar and Karo syrup.
Donald Duck, and neighbor Jones.
Posted By: WayneShaw Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
Since some are slamming me for killing someone else's trees, the owner does nothing along this fence line or his other fences. Everything grows wild and is never touched. They are completely bare right now, and if they just never grew leaves, oh well.
The sumac trees in our back fields are scrubby, ugly nuisance trees. They get about 10-12 ft tall, 3” caliper and then take a shît and die after about 5 years.

The deer like the berries and the labyrinth of cover their crooked-ass trunks weave.

When I think of sumac, I think of some un maintained growth of weeds, vines, scrub. Bush hog tear them up easily enough.

Cannot think of anyone that would want this as an ‘ornamental’. Unless there’s some desirable sub species.

Posted By: Fireball2 Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
Anybody kills my trees is going to get a visit.
Since some are slamming me for killing someone else's trees, the owner does nothing along this fence line or his other fences. Everything grows wild and is never touched. They are completely bare right now, and if they just never grew leaves, oh well.

What did he say when you asked him if you could remove them?????
Posted By: Blu_Cs Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20

Mike

I did that once

they never answered the door, thought the door frame was gonna catch on fire. So I ran back over and used his water hose to put it out.

What a mess

Ashes, partially cooked dog shît. I’m sure the confusion read like a Far Side comic when they finally seen the remnants of the failed assault.

Howling!!!!!
But the good book says " love thy neighbor" and his soon to be over growing sumac weeds.

LOL!!!

Now you are sounding like a liberal. What gives you the right to tell them how to maintain or not maintain land that you don’t own. Basically it’s none of your damn business. You want to do it legally fine. He gives you permission fine. Otherwise mind your own damn business. There’s more than a few places around here that are eyesores, not maintained and I would like to see them gone but I don’t own it, the village and county don’t give a sh*t so I just have to live with it. Tough world isn’t it.

Mike

This, a burning bag of dog poop on the front doorstep too. they gotta have a doorbell tho.

Dont explain yourself! You wana kill some dudes trees? Im in...
Posted By: jnyork Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
Let's see here, we have:

Killing your neighbors trees on the sly.

Sugaring a gas tank.

Blowing up a mail box.

Burning bag of dog poop on the porch.

Are there any grownups here? eek
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Mike

Yup, good idea. Go from killing a tree that’s not yours or fugging up a car that’s not yours to 2 maybe 3 Federal felonies. Blowing up a mailbox is one for sure, possession/ use of a class B destructive device is 2 and now days maybe a domestic terrorism charge. Nothing like getting the Feds crawling up everybody’s ass in the area. Damn good advice on the fire today.

C’mon now Swifty. You just now told us how to fugg up another person’s gas tank.

Now you are sounding like a liberal. What gives you the right to tell them how to maintain or not maintain land that you don’t own. Basically it’s none of your damn business. You want to do it legally fine. He gives you permission fine. Otherwise mind your own damn business. There’s more than a few places around here that are eyesores, not maintained and I would like to see them gone but I don’t own it, the village and county don’t give a sh*t so I just have to live with it. Tough world isn’t it.

And there you go again.
Sumac berries rock, one of the best natural dyes there is, use copper II sulfate as a mordant and it produces a permanent colorfast dark grey.

Mike

Life isn't as much fun as it used to be, the feminization of our legal establishment.
For you deviants, could the OP put salt on his side of the fence to sterilize his soil so the suckers don't come up on his side? Or maybe use a commercial product to do the same thing, w/o harming the neighbors sumac?

And yet, you support Nadler, Schitff, Pelosi and the rest of the schloms trying to destroy our entire Republic.

He's just trying to kill a weed tree.

Such the moral pilgrim of stature you are..
Originally Posted by local_dirt

And yet, you support Nadler, Schitff, Pelosi and the rest of the schloms trying to destroy our entire Republic.

He's just trying to kill a weed tree.

Such the moral pilgrim of stature you are..

No, he is trying to kill, destroy the private property that belongs to someone else. It doesn't matter whether the owner planted it or not. It is not the OP's. Constitutionally speaking, he doesn't have a right to do that. But you hypercons are definitely not Constitutionalists, except when it suits you. Patriots of Convenience, and hypocrites that are destroying America. But we know all that. You guys exhibit this every single day here.

And by the way I do not, and never have, supported Nadler, Schift, or Pelosi. But when they act within the scope of the Constitution - which they did - they are at least law abiding. More than I can say for many here.
Originally Posted by jnyork
Let's see here, we have:

Sugaring a gas tank.

Blowing up a mail box.

Add sabotaging khan/wifes combat size bottle of texas pete,s hotsauce with flavorless clear liquid laxative back in the day when she really pissed ya off about something ya cant even remember now.

whistle smirk laugh laugh laugh
Let's see here, we have:

Sugaring a gas tank.

Blowing up a mail box.

I forgot; sue 'em for everything they own.
Originally Posted by OAM

See Wayne? Now you're attracting all sorts of random internet psychos.

Always try talking to the Guy.... Most of them are just plain lazy so ask them if you can clear it and mow on thier side of the fence so you don’t have to keep cutting things out of the fence....
Then spray roundup at the bottom of the fence yearly... to keep it that way.

IF the other guys is a jerk ...

Leave that fence there and build a second 6 foot wood fence inside the other fence that is closed (nothing can grow through)... then cut all the junk between them and spray round up to kill anything between those fences and mow it... problem solved.
Originally Posted by OAM

See Wayne? Now you're attracting all sorts of random internet psychos.

It was a joke. Id be pissed if someone killed my trees without asking. If they came to me and asked "do you mind if I cut down those trees before they crush my fence"? Or anything along those lines. I would say "go for it! Keep the firewood too". Unless it was my neighbor to the east. I would tell him to go [bleep] himself.
Posted By: stantdm Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
I
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

And there you go again.

It isn't your land and they can do whatever the law allows them to do with their property. If you don't like it you can live with it, move, or go talk to your neighbor about allowing you to cut them down.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
In the Seattle area, a blocked view of the water by one neighbor's tree or a tree in the park can reduce the home value by $0.5M.

Who you gonna call?
The tree hit man.
Some young man with plenty of risk taking male hormone.
He uses many of the above mentioned tricks, plus....

On the fourth of July there is a lot of noise from firecrackers and sirens. This noise will cover the sound of a handsaw. He cuts 3 rings through the bark. They will know who did it. Just stand of the front porch and the incentive can be reduced to 1, 2, or 3 homes that benefit. But they can't prove anything.

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]

Samurai mean assassin
Posted By: Huntz Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
The answer to all your problems is Det Cord.
I’ve seen ammate kill trees. Check out Spike.

DF
Originally Posted by stantdm
I

And there you go again.

It isn't your land and they can do whatever the law allows them to do with their property. If you don't like it you can live with it, move, or go talk to your neighbor about allowing you to cut them down.

Until yours encroaches on mine which doesn’t sound like what’s described here.
The sumac trees in our back fields are scrubby, ugly nuisance trees. They get about 10-12 ft tall, 3” caliper and then take a shît and die after about 5 years.

The deer like the berries and the labyrinth of cover their crooked-ass trunks weave.

When I think of sumac, I think of some un maintained growth of weeds, vines, scrub. Bush hog tear them up easily enough.

Cannot think of anyone that would want this as an ‘ornamental’. Unless there’s some desirable sub species.

Lots of sumac species and many are very desirable. Most, if not all, have wood exhibiting varying degrees of fluorescence under a black light. Staghorn, a possible species in this discussion glows in yellow and blue bands on the growth rings. African sumac is often grown in hot desert areas and has beautiful, dense, hardwood similar to many rosewoods. When fresh cut it is light colored and glows brilliant yellow under the black light. The wood darkens to deep red under UV light rather quickly and fluorescence fades.

That's a little (really a lot) disingenuous.
He wants to know how to kill a tree that doesn't belong to him in a manner in which he won't get caught.
Let's see here, we have:

Sugaring a gas tank.

Blowing up a mail box.

No........no grownups here.

How about slashing his tires? That might send the right message. laugh
Posted By: killerv Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
I'm just trying to figure out why it was even mentioned that it was in a neighbors yard. Just ask about how to kill sumac and leave it at that.

Then go ask him if you can cut the trees.
Making excuses won't make it right to do it any other way.
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Yes sir, I had that 4 years ago, tree branch about 4” diameter extending 25 ft across my drive in front of the garage. Tree sits on both sides of the property line. Neighbor wasn’t happy when I had that branch cut back to the tree but legally I could. I couldn’t legally kill the tree but could trim what was on my property.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
Sumac berries rock, one of the best natural dyes there is, use copper II sulfate as a mordant and it produces a permanent colorfast dark grey.

I'll try to remember that.

If I recall correctly, Euell Gibbons recommended sumac and elderberry berries in some water as a cool, refreshing summer drink too.

All this info in just a little over 2 hours according to my pages too. Must be a hot topic.

Geno
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn

good mornin' Lynn,

How many pages are you guessing?

Geno
Posted By: k20350 Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20

I don't give 2 $hits its not your tree or your land. Your probably the same guy that would post on here like a maniac if your neighbor killed your tree and how u got the law involved and the lawsuit your bringing against him. If you don't like the neighbors move. Living where u do isn't a prison sentence u can leave any time you want. Maybe go talk to the guy like a f'ing man and say hey I'd like those trees to not grow to full size next to the fence. If he tells you to F off then I guess your gonna have some new trees to look at.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

If I recall correctly, Euell Gibbons recommended sumac and elderberry berries in some water as a cool, refreshing summer drink too.

All this info in just a little over 2 hours according to my pages too. Must be a hot topic.

Geno

Geno , Ole Boy, the nefarious, the spec ops and the arcane never fails to entertain !!!
Posted By: tzone Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20

Mike

I did that once

What a mess

TFF!!

Yes sir, I had that 4 years ago, tree branch about 4” diameter extending 25 ft across my drive in front of the garage. Tree sits on both sides of the property line. Neighbor wasn’t happy when I had that branch cut back to the tree but legally I could. I couldn’t legally kill the tree but could trim what was on my property.

Swifty, you could legally kill your half of that tree. Jus sayin.
Grins

Call the city. Since you clearly live in one and don't get out much.
All the BS on this thread yet you can't spell F A G, G O O K, or make fun of rick for being lazy.

Have at er with all the illegal schit tho.
Originally Posted by k20350

I don't give 2 $hits its not your tree or your land. Your probably the same guy that would post on here like a maniac if your neighbor killed your tree and how u got the law involved and the lawsuit your bringing against him. If you don't like the neighbors move. Living where u do isn't a prison sentence u can leave any time you want. Maybe go talk to the guy like a f'ing man and say hey I'd like those trees to not grow to full size next to the fence. If he tells you to F off then I guess your gonna have some new trees to look at.

Do you happen to live next door to Wayne Shaw and have some several or more Sumac trees, per chance ?

Asking for a friend.
Originally Posted by tzone

Mike

I did that once

What a mess

TFF!!

Yeah, it would have been even funnier if he would have gotten done watering down the fire and then put the hose through the mail slot into the house?

Seems I remember that happening to a house once that contained folks some other folks didn't like. Big frogs and stuff went through that slot a few times too, I heard.

Geno

Grins

Actually that varies from state to state. But this general rule of thumb is what Nebraska goes by.

A property owner has the right to trim branches and roots that encroach onto her property from a tree belonging to a neighbor, but must exercise caution when trimming a tree or its roots. The following general rules apply to trimming a tree:

The tree can only be trimmed to the property line.
There is no right to trespass onto a neighbor’s property to trim a tree unless the limbs threaten to cause immediate and irreparable harm.
The tree cannot be cut down or otherwise destroyed to eliminate the problem. It can only be trimmed back.
The expense of the trimming is borne by the party doing the trimming
Originally Posted by tzone

Call the city. Since you clearly live in one and don't get out much.

That's a possible solution if it's a code violation. But as someone here posted already, the Authorities may not GAS or have the financial resources to deal with it either.

I'm thinking it might be best to talk to said neighbor and be prepared for an answer similar to "I like my trees", as it seems the neighbor lets his fencelines go wild.

Some folks like manicured grounds..................others not so much.

Geno
Posted By: gunner500 Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
LOL, iiiiiiiiii wouldn't do that. smile

good mornin' Lynn,

Geno

Good morning Geno,

I am thinking 33 pages as things stand right now, but if the libations start to flow it could go 45.

Quite truthfully, I would respect a neighbour who came and talked to me about the problem, and I would be more than willing to work with him as he showed me he gave a damn about doing it right. I have a big problem with gutless humans, male or females. don't matter which.

Three categories of friends I don't own, and family I don't keep around, gutless, useless, and stupid. Makes life just a little less annoying.

Personally if someone killed anything on my land/property, life would get interesting for them.

I hope you have a good day, and that life might just bless you with something extra special today smile

Lynn
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

KEY THAT MF'ers TRUCK!!

That'll teach him to not have a GD tree on his property!

Geno

I had to go clear to the Texas Hill Country in the fall to find any, grows like a weed back east. Sumac berries alone dye a not-very-colorfast golden brown.

Be warned though, mix it with the copper II sulfate solution and it dyes everything right now, permanently. Wear kitchen gloves.
Originally Posted by Rooster7

KEY THAT MF'ers TRUCK!!

laugh laugh

Lynn
Posted By: KC Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20

I'm not going to read this entire thread. So if someone has already posted this solution, I apologise for the repeat.

You might try Spraying Roundup all around the base of the tree. I did that once trying to kill weeds. I killed the weeds and also killed the tree.
Posted By: rayporter Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
there was once a huge oak tree at a 4 way intersection that made viewing traffic very hard. after an accident there were complaints to the county to cut it down but for some reason they would not, it was probably on private land is my guess.

any how it died - it took 2 years but it did die. i heard that a few granules of spike were sprinkled around it from a farmer that i knew well.

i have accidentally killed oak and hickory trees with spike and i did not get the pellets with in 15 feet of the trees that died.
Posted By: killerv Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
Originally Posted by KC

I'm not going to read this entire thread. So if someone has already posted this solution, I apologise for the repeat.

You might try Spraying Roundup all around the base of the tree. I did that once trying to kill weeds. I killed the weeds and also killed the tree.

Landscaping buddy uses a mixture of roundup, diesel fuel, and dawn which helps it stick when using his sprayer. Claims it will kill about anything.
I have nice neighbors, the US Bureau of Land Management, but they don't keep up the property very well and they lease it to some folks with stinky brush control methods that draw flies.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The BLM "weeds" grow right up to my fenceline. And their critters come over and eat my plants:

And these "weeds" are always being blow in by the wind, or carried in by their critters, then sprouting, flowering, and trying to spread too.

Remember..................One man's weeds are another man's wildflowers.

Geno

PS Wayne, you never mentioned how well you know your neighbor? Young or old? Healthy or infirm? Perhaps he has a issues of some sort or another that prevent him from maintaining his yard? Maybe he would welcome the help?
Posted By: Clarkm Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
In old England the Oak on your property belonged to the king. But if it fell over, you could have it. That is where the term "windfall" came from.
In old England the deer on your property belonged to the king. If you killed it, you were a poacher.

In the young America, the trees and deer on your property were yours.

Now the game department owns the deer on my property and the city requires a permit for me to trim or cut a tree. I have to submit a geological survey among other things.
Tyranny is back.

PS Wayne, you never mentioned how well you know your neighbor? Young or old? Healthy or infirm? Perhaps he has a issues of some sort or another that prevent him from maintaining his yard? Maybe he would welcome the help?

Geno, Geno, Geno,

Step back in line, Soldier! This is NO place to be talking all common sensy and chit!

good mornin' Lynn,

Geno

Good morning Geno,

I am thinking 33 pages as things stand right now, but if the libations start to flow it could go 45.

Quite truthfully, I would respect a neighbour who came and talked to me about the problem, and I would be more than willing to work with him as he showed me he gave a damn about doing it right. I have a big problem with gutless humans, male or females. don't matter which.

Three categories of friends I don't own, and family I don't keep around, gutless, useless, and stupid. Makes life just a little less annoying.

Personally if someone killed anything on my land/property, life would get interesting for them.

I hope you have a good day, and that life might just bless you with something extra special today smile

Lynn

Lynn, I'll take your reply as extra special enough today.

My wife and I have a new puppy and we're plenty blessed already, the sun is shining, it's up to just above freezing from a low of 12F, I can get some yard work done in preparation for Spring, and I have fun threads to read here!

What more can a guy ask for?

Geno
I say egg that cocksuckkers house like pronto!

Geno, Geno, Geno,

Step back in line, Soldier! This is NO place to be talking all common sensy and chit!

Rooster,

Well F me silly,

How could I forget the logic and common sense preclusion here?

Thanks for the reminder, I'm just now finishing my second cup of Joe so I'll blame it on that

Geno

Geno, Geno, Geno,

laugh laugh !

Lynn

Geno, Geno, Geno,

Rooster,

Well F me silly,

How could I forget the logic and common sense preclusion here?

Thanks for the reminder, I'm just now finishing my second cup of Joe so I'll blame it on that

Geno

I forgive you.

This time.
Posted By: Raeford Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
Just go speak to the neighbor.
This crap isn't exactly rocket science.....
Originally Posted by Raeford

Raeford,

Please see Rooster's comment to me.

This isn't rocket science....................it's harder!

Geno

Oh God Dammit!
Posted By: poboy Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
Torch the "hood!!
Posted By: Raeford Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20

Oh God Dammit!

laugh laugh
Could be worse.

3 sumac trees? Pffft

Posted By: mirage243 Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
There is a product called Polaris, it will kill the sheit out of them, make sure you spray all the trees around his house and rest of his yard so he don't suspect it was you who just sprayed that one fence line. 😂😂😂
Yeah
Spray the whole damn place while theyre inside hittin their crack pipe. Mix in some diesel, tell them it must of have been a fuel dump by an airliner.

That really has nothing to do with your willingness to trespass and destroy private property that does not belong to you. That is the long and short of it. You are conspiring to a criminal act.
For some reason I'm imagining at least 50% of the members on 24hr being like ole man clemons.

laugh laugh laugh

Respect the property line.

I'm sure you feel the same about your property.
My first choice would be to talk to the owner about it. Maybe bring a 6-pack or a batch of cookies along.

If your neighbor is not amenable to conversation, you have learned several ways to get the deed done.

If you don't want to trespass, wait until they start sprouting on your side of the fence and then follow the kill method for hat happenstance.
Posted By: longarm Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
To the OP: grow a set and go talk to the neighbor. That failing get some exercise, FFS.
Property line disputes can get really nasty, often times ending in killings.

Just don't do it.
Posted By: longarm Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Property line disputes can get really nasty, often times ending in killings.

Just don't do it.

No kidding. I can think of two that ended that way in eastern Oregon.
If I had a neighbor that was fuggin around in my yard at night pouring poison, etc and my dogs got into it?.. I would make that person miserable for life.

Grins

Actually that varies from state to state. But this general rule of thumb is what Nebraska goes by.

A property owner has the right to trim branches and roots that encroach onto her property from a tree belonging to a neighbor, but must exercise caution when trimming a tree or its roots. The following general rules apply to trimming a tree:

The tree can only be trimmed to the property line.
There is no right to trespass onto a neighbor’s property to trim a tree unless the limbs threaten to cause immediate and irreparable harm.
The tree cannot be cut down or otherwise destroyed to eliminate the problem. It can only be trimmed back.
The expense of the trimming is borne by the party doing the trimming

You left out the part : If your actions (trimming or chemical application on your property) cause the tree to die, you are liable for the value of the tree.

Pesticide applicators get into this issue frequently. A ground sterilant is applied on one property, but a tree some 100 feet or more away on another property dies, because the root system crossed the property line. The applicator and property owner are liable for damage to the tree. Just hope it was not something 100 feet tall that took 100 years to grow.
Posted By: mirage243 Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20

That really has nothing to do with your willingness to trespass and destroy private property that does not belong to you. That is the long and short of it. You are conspiring to a criminal act.

STFU

Mike

Mike

Are we related?
When it gets warm plant some pot plants on his property. If he's as tuned out as you seem to think he is, he'll never notice them. Once they are mature, tell the cops you see people coming and going all hours of the day and night and that you see some suspicious looking plants in his yard. While he is away you will be able to do what you want to with his trees.
Originally Posted by Clarkm
In old England the Oak on your property belonged to the king. But if it fell over, you could have it. That is where the term "windfall" came from.
In old England the deer on your property belonged to the king. If you killed it, you were a poacher.

In the young America, the trees and deer on your property were yours.

Now the game department owns the deer on my property and the city requires a permit for me to trim or cut a tree. I have to submit a geological survey among other things.
Tyranny is back.

No, the game department does not own your deer. The people of your state "own" your deer. It is part of the public trust. It's been that way for pretty much the entire history of the United States, so get over it and over yourself. You are full of shhhitt.
I like the bag of salt left out on your side of the fence.
In fact I think I'll try that with a tree of paradise that's in the middle of the property line, unless someone knows how to kill just half of a tree.
Those phuggin things spread worse than sumac.
Dose the area around the trees with colbalt 60.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

You left out the part : If your actions (trimming or chemical application on your property) cause the tree to die, you are liable for the value of the tree.

Pesticide applicators get into this issue frequently. A ground sterilant is applied on one property, but a tree some 100 feet or more away on another property dies, because the root system crossed the property line. The applicator and property owner are liable for damage to the tree. Just hope it was not something 100 feet tall that took 100 years to grow.

Killing the roots or the tree wasn’t part of the equation but I get your point. All I wanted was to get a half dead branch off of my property so I could park my vehicles without having said branch break and drop 20 feet onto them. I had a licensed arborist/ trimmer come do the work. Sad part is the entire Elm tree is not in good shape and will probably have to come down in the next few years, good part is only part of the trunk is on my side now and all the big limbs/branches are over the neighbors house.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

There's the ticket!

Geno
A gopher got in the winter after I planted an expensive, cherry tree and killed it . Not a bare root, but a good 6' tree in a big pot, already going good. I guess there weren't much to eat that winter except cherry tree roots, got down to -25 F or so and the ground was frozen pretty deep.

Guess a fella could introduce some gophers and hope they at the sumac roots?

Geno
Posted By: Filaman Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
Just go talk to him. He probably doesn't even realize they bother you and he's probably too lazy to cut them until they pose a problem for him. Most people when they find out their trees are posing a problem for their neighbors will let you cut them or they'll cut them. If he doesn't cooperate or do something to help, anything hanging over my side of the fence is fair game. If he doesn't want to look at your property, the correct remedy is a privacy fence, not a bunch of trees hanging over in your yard.
Posted By: MikeNZ Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
Du Pont Velpar comes as a water soluble powder. Sprinkle liberally out to the tree drip-line. It is absorbed through the roots. After the trees die nothing much will grow there for a while.
Why don't you go buy the property from him, and then you can do whatever the hell you want with the trees.....................
Posted By: stxhunter Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
f-ck just go talk to him like a man, its pretty fu-cking simple.
Posted By: kid0917 Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20

or brain surgery.....

or even tree surgery!
Posted By: kid0917 Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20

would strontium 90 work? if he has a bag laying around?
Originally Posted by muffin
Why don't you go buy the property from him, and then you can do whatever the hell you want with the trees.....................

Are you saying to go Sicilian on him?

Make him an offer he can't refuse?

Geno
Posted By: kkahmann Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
I have always found this interesting—in Old English Law, since at least the time of William and Mary’ wild animals like roebuck owe allegiance to no King, Crown nor Country, they are wild and free and as such belong to no one.
A dead animal is something different—it belongs to the land owner on which the animal lays—doesn’t matter the manner of its death. That means the King or a Baron loyal to the Crown.
The poacher was hung not for killing the Kings Roebuck but for its possession.
Posted By: Salty303 Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
Looks like you're well on your way to fugking up any chance of being a good neighbour. Unless maybe turn off your phone or computer and make the epic journey next door and have a face to face discussion your neighbour. And no it doesn't matter if he keeps his yard like a golf course or a land fill its still his property and "secretly" killing trees and engineering how you think his life should be ran is lower than a snakes belly let alone criminal.
Posted By: Salty303 Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
And a shout out to the you shouldn't do that but this is how to do it crowd. You're no better.
Originally Posted by kid0917

would strontium 90 work? if he has a bag laying around?

Yeah, or maybe some plutonium dust.
Drill a 45 degree hole in the trunk and pack it full of copper sulfate crystals,done...........
Originally Posted by stxhunter
f-ck just go talk to him like a man, its pretty fu-cking simple.

This.
And bring this whole thread with you for him to read and see what he narrowly escaped. He’s lucky when you think about it.
Has anybody suggested burning his house down yet? Or banging his daughter?
Originally Posted by Fireball2

In any particular order?

What about the wife if she's hot?

Do we shoot his dogs and cats too?

Geno
Posted By: BeanMan Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20

Many have asked, “Have you spoken with him about this issue”. If you have not you should do this as a first step. That’s part of the good neighbor thing on your part that is not determined by how your neighbor keeps his property.
Stick him in the back of the leg with a umbella tipped with a ricin ball in it!!!!!
Cordless sawzall
Originally Posted by renegade50
Stick him in the back of the leg with a umbella tipped with a ricin ball in it!!!!!

oooh,

I like it!

Or send him to an embassy in Turkey?

Geno
Hey you folks down south.

How would planting some kudzu do? Will it eventually choke out the sumac? I hear it's a nice ornamental plant that works for erosion control too.

Geno
Posted By: CEoW717 Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
I’m sure someone has said this but.... rock salt.
Originally Posted by renegade50

Or shoot his poodle with full auto co2 pistol like you did to your neighbor’s fur baby laugh

How would planting some kudzu do? Will it eventually choke out the sumac? I hear it's a nice ornamental plant that works for erosion control too.

Geno
oh yeah

You ain’t the only one with that idea. Lost my connection with the county highway engineer.

Geno
oh yeah

You ain’t the only one with that idea. Lost my connection with the county highway engineer.

Did you lose it in the kudzu ?
Has anyone suggested sodding his yard after the m80 in the mailbox ?
Kudzu acres!!!!!

Now I know why Yorkshire terriers became popular house dogs.
Cause Ava had one.....
Posted By: jnyork Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/18/20
I just got back, any popcorn left? whistle
Saw them down at night and throw the saw into your other neighbor's yard.
Might as well not leave anyone out .
No

He
Ded
[Linked Image from gannett-cdn.com]
[
Could be worse.

3 sumac trees? Pffft

Hey, nice spread ya got there Slummy.
Which hovel do you live in? 😂
Posted By: TheKid Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/19/20
Check the county records and see if his taxes are paid up. If not pay em and give em the boot. That’s what happened to the schithole next door to me, couple months and I’ma gonna have me a big old parking spot for my boat and Bronco.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/19/20
Around here if you pay his taxes, you have paid his taxes. You do not own anything unless you buy at a Sheriff's sale.
Originally Posted by WTF

Geno
oh yeah

Did you lose it in the kudzu ?

Either there or Bristoe’s cane patch in 2018.
Posted By: Muffin Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/19/20
Where's Wayne??????
Posted By: Valsdad Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/19/20
Originally Posted by muffin
Where's Wayne??????

Dark here,

3 hours or so darker there

He got a lot of ideas on here today

Maybe he's trying some out.

Secretly,

Geno

Homicide seems a bit extreme at this point.

Maybe he’s creating bird habitat for his elderly mom and grandkids when they come over, and you want to stop all that
Posted By: Valsdad Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/19/20

Homicide seems a bit extreme at this point.

Murder by numbers..............

Once that you've decided on a killing...................................

.If you can slip some glyphosate on the neighbor's lawn.

Geno

PS it's as easy to learn as your ABC
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick
You could try the Harvey Updike method. But be sure to come back on here and tell us all about it...

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...-sentenced-3-years-auburn-tree-poisoning

That's what I thought when I saw this Bama .
Posted By: 257_X_50 Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/19/20
Didn’t read the whole thing so sorry if it’s been said.
As in the OP.......copper nails. Headless and they will never see them.
Used them for years to get rid of invasive trees.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/19/20

I don't understand how someone couldn't be acquainted with their neighbor on an adjoining property, especially in what sounds like a rural or semi-rural area. It would be of benefit to both parties.

KEY THAT MF'ers TRUCK!!

You could also tie the right message to a brick and launch it through a window. The biggest most expensive window in the place would punctuate it properly.

Originally Posted by Fireball2

In any particular order?

What about the wife if she's hot?

Do we shoot his dogs and cats too?

Geno

All those have to come after the message on a brick. He needs a chance to respond to the message. Otherwise he may not understand why his pets are dead and his house is burning.

Posted By: Muffin Re: To Kill A Tree, Secretly - 02/19/20
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
© 24hourcampfire