T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I'm watching for your profile location to read "somewhere in Europe". wink
LOL. grin

Got away from 1911's for a few years but with your good review, the target showing correctly regulated sights and especially at this price, might be a good time to get back in.

I highly recommend it at this price.

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Field stripped after first hundred rounds.

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I was issued a 1911A1 when I made SSgt. Carried it for a couple years before the M9 came along.

Those pics bring back some memories. Ours were old and worn. I believe they in the were from Korea or WWII production. Maybe even older.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I think mine was marked made by Singer?

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I think mine was marked made by Singer?

Holy mackerel! Singers fetch a pretty penny. Too bad you didn't send it home. By the time you served, they probably really cracked down on that sort of thing, though. It was nearly standard practice during the first two World Wars, I understand.

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
There was no 'sending it home' in my time. That was around 1986, at Camp Pendleton CA. I was with 11th Marines out at Camp Las Pulgas.

It was pretty hailed out. During range qual, it bucked off the front sight on me.....lol

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
There was no 'sending it home' in my time. That was around 1986, at Camp Pendleton CA. I was with 11th Marines out at Camp Las Pulgas.

It was pretty hailed out. During range qual, it bucked off the front sight on me.....lol

grin Oh man.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mine is scheduled for delivery Thursday.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 257heaven

Cool. Let's have a report.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I was issued a 1911A1 when I made SSgt. Carried it for a couple years before the M9 came along.

Those pics bring back some memories. Ours were old and worn. I believe they in the were from Korea or WWII production. Maybe even older.

Until the last batch of Colts (M45A1?), the USG hadn't bought any new 1911A1s since 1945. They had "more than enough" for their needs, or so I was told when I was in the Army. We could have used some of the better ones, my arms room had 20 1911s in it, and only seven were functional, the others needed parts "badly", to put it mildly. I think some of them could have been rebuilt, but some were past that. I was supposed to be issued one, so I went down to the local pawnshop and bought myself a Commander, my issue gun was one that flat-out wouldn't work. We had to pass the seven around amongst us to get qualified with them.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Excellent.

I'm really quite impressed with it. Just feeling the slide glide along the rails gives the feel of a custom made gun. I'm convinced the price is explained by the very low cost of skilled labor in Turkey. Had this been made in the US, to the same level of quality, it would have had to carry a $700.00 price tag.
]

I also grabbed the 1st one that arrived at my local gun store today!
Like TRH, I am damn impressed!!! The fit and finish is quite impressive. Looks exactly like the real thing. The slide to frame fit, and the barrel and bushing fitting is very tight, and the original finish and detailing are great. It is extremely smooth when you cycle the slide. The trigger on mine has just a little bit of creep, but measures right at 5 pounds. I did not get a chance to go shoot it this evening. But I will report as soon as I have time. For $299, I damn sure don’t think you could go wrong. If it shoots as good as it looks, it might just become my favorite “work” gun the Ranch.
Now I just need me one of those World War II issue tanker holster’s to go with it. 🤠

Last edited by chlinstructor; 02/17/20.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 257heaven

I bet you will be amazingly surprised!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

Until the last batch of Colts (M45A1?), the USG hadn't bought any new 1911A1s since 1945. They had "more than enough" for their needs, or so I was told when I was in the Army. We could have used some of the better ones, my arms room had 20 1911s in it, and only seven were functional, the others needed parts "badly", to put it mildly. I think some of them could have been rebuilt, but some were past that. I was supposed to be issued one, so I went down to the local pawnshop and bought myself a Commander, my issue gun was one that flat-out wouldn't work. We had to pass the seven around amongst us to get qualified with them.

That all sounds familiar.

We could carry/qual with any 1911 equivalent too. A few guys had AMT Hardballers, Colt Gold Cups, and so on.

Most of us used our issue pistol. It was impossible to get through a single stage of fire without a few malf's and alibis. It was kind of painful.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Now I just need me one of those World War II issue tanker holster’s to go with it. 🤠

Good reproductions are available on Amazon.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Excellent.

I'm really quite impressed with it. Just feeling the slide glide along the rails gives the feel of a custom made gun. I'm convinced the price is explained by the very low cost of skilled labor in Turkey. Had this been made in the US, to the same level of quality, it would have had to carry a $700.00 price tag.
]

I also grabbed the 1st one that arrived at my local gun store today!
Like TRH, I am damn impressed!!! The fit and finish is quite impressive. Looks exactly like the real thing. The slide to frame fit, and the barrel and bushing fitting is very tight, and the original finish and detailing are great. It is extremely smooth when you cycle the slide. The trigger on mine has just a little bit of creep, but measures right at 5 pounds. I did not get a chance to go shoot it this evening. But I will report as soon as I have time. For $299, I damn sure don’t think you could go wrong. If it shoots as good as it looks, it might just become my favorite “work” gun the Ranch.

You men going to run 230 ball in those pistols? and how does it compare to the Springfield A1's? I had one of those back in the day, it ran well with ball and 230gr xtp's powered by AA#7.

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gunner500

You men going to run 230 ball in those pistols? and how does it compare to the Springfield A1's? I had one of those back in the day, it ran well with ball and 230gr xtp's powered by AA#7.

Nothing wrong with 230 grain ball. The .45 ACP and .45 Colt reputation for stopping power was earned when military loads were always round nose. Reports from the Philippines were that the .45 Colt revolvers were stopping the drugged up Moro natives effectively, before they could hack US troops down with machetes, after the .38 Long Colt had repeatedly failed miserably in this regard, prompting the shipment of mothballed .45 revolvers (both Single Action Army and the newly adopted - at that time - Colt double action revolvers).

PS I had a Springfield A1, and it didn't compare in authenticity to the Tisas A1. It didn't quite scratch that itch for a truly authentic reproduction of a USGI WWII issue 1911A1. The finish was wrong, for one thing. Then there was the thumb safety, which didn't match that on the USGI in the least. It was more like the commercial Colts from the 1960s and onward. The hammer didn't seem right in appearance, either. Nor the trigger.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by gunner500

Nothing wrong with 230 grain ball. The .45 ACP and .45 Colt reputation for stopping power was earned when military loads were always round nose. Reports from the Philippines were that the .45 Colt revolvers were stopping the drugged up Moro natives effectively, before they could hack US troops down with machetes, after the .38 Long Colt had repeatedly failed miserably in this regard, prompting the shipment of mothballed .45 revolvers (both Single Action Army and the newly adopted - at that time - Colt double action revolvers).

PS I had a Springfield A1, and it didn't compare in authenticity to the Tisas A1. It didn't quite scratch that itch for a truly authentic reproduction of a USGI WWII issue 1911A1. The finish was wrong, for one thing. Then there was the thumb safety, which didn't match that on the USGI in the least. It was more like the commercial Colts from the 1960s and onward. The hammer didn't seem right in appearance, either. Nor the trigger.

10-4, of course 230 ball is fine, just wondering if any were going to try hp's, I had a Mil-Spec Springfield around 1995 I think, didn't have or know of anything at the time to compare it too for authenticity.

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I've got a Springfield Mil-Spec, too. That was their first attempt at roughly approximating the USGI 1911A1, while adding some modern features that folks liked, such as better sights, lowered ejection port, more modern style thumb safety, absence of the lanyard ring on the MSH, etc..

Good guns (mine's been completely reliable, thus far), but generally not considered reproductions of the WWII USGI 1911A1. Mine's in stainless, and has night sights installed. That's all it needs to be a great general purpose 1911.

PS So far, I haven't tried JHP in my Tisas 1911A1.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I just ordered a reproduction of the belt, holster, and mag pouch to go with it.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's pretty cool.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugeman, 54 invisible), 3,074 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,672
Posts18,534,185
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.