Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by gunner500

10-4, Thanks, iirc back in the day, the 230 xtp's ran so well in my Mil-Spec because the hp hole was so small, don't know it they're still that way today, haven't shot them in years, that said, I do shoot the 200gr xtp's in a bob-tail Commander, they run a 1K fps accurate.

Yeah, lots of 230 grain JHP loads closely match the shape of the FMJ. I wouldn’t be surprised if most popular 230 grain JHP loads worked just fine in it.

I believe these pistols come with what is commonly known as the 'wadcutter' throat. I web searched them and finally came up with a review featuring a pic of the disassembled pistol, which showed this pretty clearly. I didn't save it, but it's out there if you hunt for it. At any rate I'd expect it to feed ball-profile JHP alright, but any of them can be particular about specific loads they feed best- and that assumes quality aftermarket mags.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Picked mine up this afternoon and completely disassembled it after I got home from work. I'm impressed. Slide to frame fit is very good. Barrel has no movement. Bushing fits barrel with no slop. I can't be sure, but I believe both slide and frame are forged. I can't see any casting evidence on the frame.

MIM parts include hammer, sear, disconnector, slide stop, thumb safety, and grip safety. I lightly polished the sear and hammer and got a 6 pound pull when reassembled. Not too bad.

The barrel is throated and the feed ramp on the frame was milled after parkerizing. A few other parts were fitted (thumb safety, grip safety letoff), and sear spring was hand beveled middle fork. The disconnector was polished in the right places, and the extractor was polished and had a little bend to it...although I don't have the tool to check if it's tuned correctly. I hand polished the barrel throat and the rear of the trigger stirrup while I had it apart. Wish I'd have polished the thumb safety where it rides on the plunger....but I can do that later.

Obvious differences between the USGI 1911A1 and this one......The Tisas has a slightly extended ejector, beveled mag opening, and throated barrel. The checkering on the trigger face is weak, as is the checkering on the thumb safety pad. But they tried.

All in all, it's damn nice for $329 shipped.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They've got a checkered trigger more or less like USGI guns? Cool.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SargeMO

You can see it...but you can hardly feel it with your finger.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by SargeMO

Like he said, though, very weak. It's barely there.

Back when the Sistema 1911A1s were coming into the country from Argentina by the boat load for less than $300.00 a pop, I ordered one. By mistake, they sent me an actual 1927 Commercial Colt that said Federal Police on it in Spanish. Although sold to the Argentine Federal Police via the commercial market, it was identical to the USGI Colt 1911A1 in all respects (apart from "US Property" and such), to include all the small parts, such as the finely checkered wide hammer spur, the checkered arched MSH with a lanyard loop, the checkered trigger face, the WWII style thumb safety with checkering on the upper surface, checkered mag release, and the checkered slide stop. I wish I never sold it. I didn't appreciate such things as much back then.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I learned on the checkered GI trigger and developed a preference for it. I can't tell you how many I've bought for 10-20 bucks, drilled and tapped them for a stop and then plugged them back into whatever old pistol I was tinkering with.

Last time I looked, USGI triggers were bringing fat money on Fleabay.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I should have done a parts comparison to my Remington Rand while it was disassembled....but just didn't have time. Didn't take any pics.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
So, who besides me has shot theirs? Impressions? Problems? Mine hasn't skipped a beat.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

67 members (arky65, 35, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, anothergun, 3 invisible), 1,907 guests, and 745 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,644
Posts18,533,687
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.