-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 62 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 61 62
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Saw this post as "Why DO you believe " - not tell us why you think you are smarter than those who do. Atheist are forever proselytizing.

I mean, would Creedmoor owners feel a need to chime in on "Tell me why you love your 270"?....ok bad analogy but.....hope you get my drift. This thread was for believers to share a commonality of deep joy. Why not just let campfire brothers enjoy it?

If seeking affirmation from other non-believers, why not start a thread for it? I will respect it.

If wanting to have a debate - start a thread with that intent in the title. I would hope Christians who respond could do it in the way as preached.

I know I am about to be flamed but- seriously, don't mean any disrespect to any member here.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Those who would flame you for this truth will be the ones ending up flamed.

BTW, you won't be flamed by them the way Jesus was unless the benevolent unbelievers take over.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/19/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
I’ll ask again... do animals other than humans go to heaven or hell? Are they judged the same as humans to go to either, being they are as well gods creatures, and clearly have conscious?

My dog knows when shes done wrong by her obvious reaction when she realizes I witnessed her do something wrong...

So again.... do animals other than humans go to heaven or hell?

The lion lay down with the lamb.

Good thing you actually brought up the lion... it was my next point.. so of the lion lays with the lamb....

Lions kill other lions all the time.. even some of their own pride.

Why would the lion lay with the lamb when they commit the ultimate sin, but a human wouldnt...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Yeshua "Judge not". Ben Franklin " tart words make no friends". Yeshua "Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your father in heaven". While I think it really bad to publicize your acts of charity I believe letting your light shine would accomplish way more than all this arguing and name calling of non-believers.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Why am I a Christian? Very simple.

Eternity in hell didn't appeal to me a bit, and I knew that I was powerless to escape it by my own efforts.

Eternity in heaven did appeal to me, and I knew I was powerless to get there by my own efforts.

When I trusted what Jesus did for me on Calvary's cross, he took all my sin on himself, and gave me HIS righteousness as a free gift.

As compassionately as I can, a man would have to be mentally retarded to turn down the gift of eternal life in Jesus Christ.

That's WHY! (My apologies to the truly mentally retarded -- no slight intended.)

Last edited by the_shootist; 02/19/20.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Why am I a Christian? Very simple.

Eternity in hell didn't appeal to me a bit, and I knew that I was powerless to escape it by my own efforts.

Eternity in heaven did appeal to me, and I knew I was powerless to get there by my own efforts.

When I trusted what Jesus did for me on Calvary's cross, he took all my sin on himself, and gave me HIS righteousness as a free gift.

As compassionately as I can, a man would have to be mentally retarded to turn down the gift of eternal life in Jesus Christ.

That's WHY!

Amen!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
Yeshua "Judge not". Ben Franklin " tart words make no friends". Yeshua "Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your father in heaven". While I think it really bad to publicize your acts of charity I believe letting your light shine would accomplish way more than all this arguing and name calling of non-believers.

Take a look at Yeshua's name calling. Or John the Baptist's. I decided to read the name calling by Jesus and His disciples and was quite stunned. You could start by reading Matthew 23.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
What took you so long Keith? laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Richard,

I was reading my Bible. This year in April marks my 38th trip around the sun as a saved man, and I still love that old black backed 66 calibre way more than I love the Campfire even. wink

Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised, in the city of our God, in the mountain of his holiness. Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion on the sides of the north, the city of the great king. (Psalm 48)

Thank you, Lord Jesus, for doing for me what I could never do for myself.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Well said good brother. It might be a while before you feed me moose again.

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Well said good brother. It might be a while before you feed me moose again.

And now I live in the middle of the Canadian flat lands. I shouldn't have given you a rough time about your farming. No moose for me from now on. Plenty of deer though.

minus 30 today with a wind chill of minus 43. Yikes!

Last edited by the_shootist; 02/19/20. Reason: spelling

Brother Keith

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by CCCC
. One has to wonder how many Christians, on here and elsewhere, need or should attend to a person telling them what they should be concerned about with regard to their beliefs.
Christians make it their business to be God botherers the world over, Going about telling non christians that their Gods are false and that they need to find Jesus.
How would you know about such"business" in any definitive manner - really? Are you a working Christian? And, given your positions regarding God, how would you begin to know whether or not God were to be "bothered"? Rather than speaking from a position of inside knowledge, you seem to be vaguely flailing in the atmosphere, hoping to score an insult. One would hope that you will be able to find some peace.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It seems there are several different kinds of people who don’t believe in God:
A. Those who just don’t believe.
B. Those who don’t believe but want to believe.
C. And those who just don’t ‘want’ to believe.
Again, there is a big difference between “I don’t believe it” and “I don’t ‘want’ to believe it.”
“I don’t ‘want’ to believe it” has to do with will....and want. Did ‘these’ folks decide to not believe because faith got to be inconvenient...? And then, after they decided to not believe, they needed to develop some support for their unbelief. Did their decision to not believe precede the data they’ve collected to support their unbelief...? If their unbelief is around will and want...information will never suffice. Could it be that the real reason they choose to not believe isn’t perhaps the reasons that they give...isn’t perhaps their presenting facts and arguments ...could it be something else...? If they admit God, they’ve got to submit to God..if there’s a God that’s going to hold them accountable, then suddenly they are accountable. Their arguments aren’t arguments, for or against anything...they’re responses. Their resistance and reluctance to acknowledge God...is not an argument...it’s just a response. It explains why they’ve developed their arsenal of arguments. And their arguments against the existence of God came after their decision to not want God. Their intellectual arguments against the existence of God didn’t come first...they came second. For whatever reason...they don’t want God to ‘be’. They don’t want to feel what they might feel. The real issue is their personal resistance, ‘not’ Gods existence. This isn’t about Gods existence, this isn’t about science...this is about their personal resistance.
Humanity has struggled with the submission to God since the beginning of humanity.
‘If’ God...then there’s forgiveness. Our rebellion, our sin, our ‘mistakes’, our wrongdoings...become a platform for God to demonstrate His love for us. He says that He “demonstrates” His own love for us in this...that while we were still sinners, Jesus died for us. God wanted to enter into a relationship with mankind. You can not have a loving relationship with someone you do not sacrifice for; if you do not sacrifice for them - they do not know that you love them. ‘If’ God...then there’s relationship.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Why are you atheists so bent out of shape over a “Being” that to you doesn’t exist?
Your concern should be more about why Christians feel the need to Bend and mold a God into convenient versions of their own personal liking.
One has to wonder how many Christians, on here and elsewhere, need or should attend to a person telling them what they should be concerned about with regard to their beliefs. How does one manage to arrogate to himself (or herself) the authority to dictate the concerns of a Christian? Is that a special quality held by non-Christians?
Not in this country. That's covered under "Congress shall make no law regarding the establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..." The only power anyone should have over your deeply held foundational beliefs is that of their reason.
And, pray tell, why should ANYONE have such power over another persons "deeply held foundational beliefs"?? One piece of strong evidence will be sufficient for a start.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman

Take a look at Yeshua's name calling. Or John the Baptist's. I decided to read the name calling by Jesus and His disciples and was quite stunned. You could start by reading Matthew 23.
Yes sir: Just now read the whole chapter. Jesus and John were bona fide prophets. I am not, and probably neither are you. I'm not going to take the position of berating someone about their beliefs. I don't mind pointing them to Jesus or explaining my beliefs. I will sometimes take issue with one who I think distorts or outright lies about Jesus as I often do with Paul.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Although most in this thread have done well in keeping the discussion polite and not jabbing back very hard at those who are prone to attack their beliefs and behaviors as Christians, some seem to have injured the feelings of Starman because he is becoming more and more strident in his nasty speculation about Christians.- to the point of some ad hominum attacks. Can we not rectify this in some way so that he/she is not so aggravated?

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
A lot of people dont want to believe because they dont want to quit living in their sins and they try to shrug off guilt and fear of the consequences if HE does exist.

There are many who dont want to go to hell alone. Misery loves company.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/19/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I just got tried of starman, I put him on ignore.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D

Yeah,

Don't tell me what a good Christian you are, show me.

DF

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
And Hastings post lines right up with Math 23............" Any"Christian" would just about have to admit that the nominal Christian church has created enough mayhem and depravity to strip it completely of respectability."
I wonder who we think Jesus's words were directed at??? I'm sure it couldn't be the Church I attend or the Preacher I follow or have followed, nor any of what I was taught growing up. Nope, it has to be........."they" or "them"......whoever "they/them" are. smirk

I don't know if Hastings was referring to Math. 23 or not, but much of the Christian church corporation teaching falls right into Math. 23. and Jeremiah 23 scriptures.

Page 20 of 62 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 61 62

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

481 members (1minute, 1lessdog, 22kHornet, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1badf350, 51 invisible), 2,133 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,253
Posts18,504,724
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.