Hop To
Page 21 of 62 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 61 62
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TF49
DBT posted......

How does God call out?

I already addressed that. Go back and read it if you are interested.

You expect me to search through all your posts to find something relevant? I may not even recognize what you consider to be "God calling out."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Because of God's grace and love.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
DBT posted......

How does God call out?

You expect me to search through all your posts to find something relevant? I may not even recognize what you consider to be "God calling out."

No, I don’t expect very much from you at all.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
My experience is that God calls to those with open minds and hearts who know they’re deeply flawed and want to know Him.

I’ve met many people who didn’t believe but didn’t NOT believe and who asked God to show Himself to them and none were ignored.

But in the interest of fairness, if you’d prefer to shake your fist or wave your bird at Him instead you’ll also get the answer you seek.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
DBT posted......

How does God call out?

The feeling is mutual.

I know that God, assuming existence, does not call openly and honestly for all to see and hear, that it is only the believer who feels through interpretation of events, signs or 'hearing' subjective voices in the head, that God is calling to them.

It is all about the experience of the believer, how they see things, and not some actual 'God.'

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
DBT posted......

How does God call out?

The feeling is mutual.

I know that God, assuming existence, does not call openly and honestly for all to see and hear, that it is only the believer who feels through interpretation of events, signs or 'hearing' subjective voices in the head, that God is calling to them.

It is all about the experience of the believer, how they see things, and not some actual 'God.'

I would surmise that the reason you show up on these threads is that you desperately desire God.... but you don’t have God in your life ....you want God on your terms and only on your terms.

Perhaps you want God to come to you and do your bidding.... you want Him to be who and what you want Him to be.... kinda like a spoiled child demanding something from a parent.. ..... you don’t have a God to serve you like you want.... so, you reject.

Maybe you denigrate believers because they have what you desire but don’t have.

Classic “sour grapes.”

efw says it well.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by CCCC
Although most in this thread have done well in keeping the discussion polite and not jabbing back very hard at those who are prone to attack their beliefs and behaviors as Christians, some seem to have injured the feelings of Starman because he is becoming more and more strident in his nasty speculation about Christians.- to the point of some ad hominum attacks. Can we not rectify this in some way so that he/she is not so aggravated?

Originally Posted by wabigoon
I just got tried of starman, I put him on ignore.

What Wabigoon said a long long time ago when he was here under the screen name Rob Jordan.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
DBT posted......

How does God call out?

The feeling is mutual.

I would surmise that the reason you show up on these threads is that you desperately desire God.... but you don’t have God in your life ....you want God on your terms and only on your terms.

Perhaps you want God to come to you and do your bidding.... you want Him to be who and what you want Him to be.... kinda like a spoiled child demanding something from a parent.. ..... you don’t have a God to serve you like you want.... so, you reject.

Classic “sour grapes.”

efw says it well.

I'm not the one who's concerned about who turns up in these threads, or any threads. As that appears to worry you, not me, the sour grapes are yours....but you thought it would be clever to try to turn tables in the hope that nobody would notice.

The fact is, discussion and questiong involves different points of view, so if you don't like that, bad luck.

I'd bet that not all Christians here agree on all points of Christian belief.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by efw
My experience is that God calls to those with open minds and hearts who know they’re deeply flawed and want to know Him.

I’ve met many people who didn’t believe but didn’t NOT believe and who asked God to show Himself to them and none were ignored.

But in the interest of fairness, if you’d prefer to shake your fist or wave your bird at Him instead you’ll also get the answer you seek.

Truth well said, as usual, by you.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
DBT posted......

How does God call out?

The feeling is mutual.

How do you explain Muslims, who don't know Jesus, claiming Jesus came to them?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from ddroot.files.wordpress.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by CCCC
Although most in this thread have done well in keeping the discussion polite and not jabbing back very hard at those who are prone to attack their beliefs and behaviors as Christians, some seem to have injured the feelings of Starman because he is becoming more and more strident in his nasty speculation about Christians.- to the point of some ad hominum attacks. Can we not rectify this in some way so that he/she is not so aggravated?

What Wabigoon said a long long time ago when he was here under the screen name Rob Jordan.

Starman can have his say regardless of being on ignore. Being on ignore is not a punishment. Maybe it just shows a level of intolerance in the poster who cannot bear to see dissent.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
DBT posted......

How does God call out?

The feeling is mutual.

Classic “sour grapes.”

efw says it well.

I'm not the one who's concerned about who turns up in these threads, or any threads. As that appears to worry you, not me, the sour grapes are yours....but you thought it would be clever to try to turn tables in the hope that nobody would notice.

The fact is, discussion and questiong involves different points of view, so if you don't like that, bad luck.

It was a simple question. Why are you a Christian? No point was made for discussion of if there is GOD or not.

Your crew hijacked the thread, as usual.

Start your on thread on whatever you wish. You wont because you wont be able to crap on others.

Try it. See if we believers crap on your thread. Yes, you are the arrogant ones.

I Dindo Nuffin
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That is one side of the coin....the flip side is God killing people for very little reason, gathering sticks on a Sabbath, etc, which is not a demonstration of Love.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
There are some hard hearts here. May Our Lord bless us all.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT

That is one side of the coin....the flip side is God killing people for very little reason, gathering sticks on a Sabbath, etc, which is not a demonstration of Love.

You still don't get it. God,in His love, force them to take a day off so they didn't work all the time.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by efw

What Wabigoon said a long long time ago when he was here under the
screen name Rob Jordan.

so you imagine a phantom Rob Jordan, thats all you got? ..lol
..do you also hear voices you imagine as God?

Originally Posted by DBT

Starman can have his say regardless of being on ignore.
. Maybe it just shows a level of intolerance in the poster
who cannot bear to see dissent.

Theres a common safe-space behind their faith and the 'ignore button'.
its where the sheep huddle together in fear.

folks like you, Sniper and myself they see as the big bad wolf.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
DBT posted......

How does God call out?

The feeling is mutual.

Classic “sour grapes.”

efw says it well.

It was a simple question. Why are you a Christian? No point was made for discussion of if there is GOD or not.

Your crew hijacked the thread, as usual.

Start your on thread on whatever you wish. You wont because you wont be able to crap on others.

Try it. See if we believers crap on your thread. Yes, you are the arrogant ones.

You are right....but people want to have their say. And if you check, the rot set in well before I and some of the regulars joined in. The horse had bolted long before I came in.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Open your own thread and have your say.It's free. All you want to. Without dropping your dog crap on someone else's lawn.

I Dindo Nuffin
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by DBT

You still don't get it. God,in His love, force them to take a day off so they didn't work all the time.

The God of Love forces people to have a day of rest....and if they don't he kills them? This is a display of Love and Tender Mercy?

True, I don't get it.

Page 21 of 62 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 61 62

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

464 members (219 Wasp, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 1minute, 50 invisible), 2,083 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,277
Posts18,505,057
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.