-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So I found this from just a few hours ago. Looks like some good info. Says Carona is 20x more deadly than the flew ( not 200x)

Some good compartmentalized info for quick lookup but a very thorough look at numbers etc....

anyhoo - From LiveScience

Have to wonder a few things.
  • How much vitamin C is in typical Chinese diets
  • What role does smoking and air pollution play in vulnerability

Last edited by kenjs1; 02/20/20.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kenjs1
So I found this from just a few hours ago. Looks like some good info. Says Carona is 20x more deadly than the flew ( not 200x)

Some good compartmentalized info for quick lookup but a very thorough look at numbers etc....

anyhoo - From LiveScience

Have to wonder a few things.
  • How much vitamin C is in typical Chinese diets
  • What role does smoking and air pollution play in vulnerability

I'd say the average Chinese person is getting more vitamin C in their diet than the average American. Lots of fresh veggies of many different sorts. Stuff that wouldn't even be considered food by 90% of the population there, but somehow makes for good eats. Ditto on the types of fruit widely available there. Sure there aren't that many types of apples around, but the selection of tropical fruits is so much greater.

Air pollution is of course much worse in China, and the percentage of the population that smokes is much higher as well.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The Chinese are heavy smokers. Plus, Wuhan is famous for it's air pollution. Is it any surprise that a respiratory disease is killing their already damaged lungs?
Something like 30% of Chinese smoke and tobacco provides from 7 to 10% of the government's revenue. China's the worlds largest grower of tobacco. With that kind of money at stake, they're not going to discourage it's use.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I just read that 2 of the passengers on that cruise ship in Japan have died. They were both Japanese in their 80's. There are now 621 cases among the 3700 people who were on board. A bunch of the Americans are now at Travis AFB under quarantine.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The Chinese are heavy smokers. Plus, Wuhan is famous for it's air pollution. Is it any surprise that a respiratory disease is killing their already damaged lungs?
Something like 30% of Chinese smoke and tobacco provides from 7 to 10% of the government's revenue. China's the worlds largest grower of tobacco. With that kind of money at stake, they're not going to discourage it's use.

The USA will soon be like that too. With EPA rollbacks and suspension of clean air and water regulations, Look out China, HERE WE COME!

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

The USA will soon be like that too. With EPA rollbacks and suspension of clean air and water regulations, Look out China, HERE WE COME!

You're a stupid mf'er.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by mirage243

You're a stupid mf'er.

No, I'm spot on. You are the guy that is stupid. You think there will be no consequences of what Trump has done to air and water regulations? Where do you get that idea? Do you remember that the USA was like back in the 60s and 70s and the trends that were on going at the time? Are you really willing go give back that progress and much more? I guess so.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The latest numbers are 15 confirmed cases in the US with another 15 people quarantined and under observation from the cruise ship. No deaths here.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Realistically, they need population control also and their own government knows it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

You're a stupid mf'er.

No, I'm spot on. You are the guy that is stupid. You think there will be no consequences of what Trump has done to air and water regulations? Where do you get that idea? Do you remember that the USA was like back in the 60s and 70s and the trends that were on going at the time? Are you really willing go give back that progress and much more? I guess so.

Is that what you call last night’s Democrap debate”?progress? 😳😆

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

You're a stupid mf'er.

lmao LA use to look like that in the 70s.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

You're a stupid mf'er.

Is that what you call last night’s Democrap debate”?progress? 😳😆

Sorry, didn't see it. I don't watch that kind of crap. But back to the questions I asked you. What do you think? You down with much worse water and air quality? All good with you and yours?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Site a source that shows our air quality receding.

FJB & FJT
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Raeford
Site a source that shows our air quality receding.

In other words you also refuse to respond directly to my questions. The answers make you look pretty foolish also, don't they? Admit it, you have a very real denial problem.

There are dozens of sources. Google it yourself. Here are a few and you can follow up with reading some of the primary literature they discuss.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/06/19/climate/us-air-pollution-trump.html
https://www.epa.gov/clean-air-act-overview/air-pollution-current-and-future-challenges
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...er-years-improvements-report/2499356001/
https://apnews.com/d3515b79af1246d08f7978f026c9092b
https://www.hrw.org/news/2019/10/25/study-finds-deterioration-us-air-quality

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Our government covering up the truth??!! Preposterous.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Our government covering up the truth??!! Preposterous.

[Linked Image from media2.giphy.com]

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Musicianized
My son is a nurse in Seattle. He's wondering why everyone's so afraid of corona but totally nonchalant about the flu that kills 20k every year in the US alone. People don't get vaccinated and don't seem to worry about that. This is no more contagious and so far no more deadly than the flu.

"The virus is proving to be far more contagious than the flu, having spread from 300 people in mid-January to more than 75,700 as of Thursday morning.".

So, 75,000 new Corona virus infections in the past month, versus, 5,000,000 to 7,000,000 new flu infections in the U.S. over the same period. Recall that in the 2017-2018 Flu season, there were almost as many flu deaths in the U.S.(+61,000) as total Corona infections to-date. If you pick thru the details, CDC classified the U.S. Flu infection rate ABOVE the EPIDEMIC level for 16 consecutive weeks during the 2017-2018 flu season. And the world still turns...

CDC 2019-2020 U.S. Flu Estimates to-date...

CDC Flu Past History...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
They just brought 4 of 5 Corona virus carriers into Spokane for treatment in isolation. We're getting an ear full on local news tonight about how the hospital has been training for years for this, etc. They highlight the technology involved, etc.

All it takes is one slip in procedure, or a slip in containment and they've tapped a new hot spot. What about the maintenance on the HEPA air systems? A work order for some filter changes comes in and the maintenance guy who just got out of prison and working at the hospital under preference due to some special category goes in pulls the filter puts it in the trash, installs a new one and promptly goes to lunch. It makes me wonder sometimes about these situations.

Why not treat them all in one containment unit, in one state, one base, hospital etc? Why do we need to transport them spearing them evenly all over the entire country? Seems like undue risk to me.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by BigNate
Why not treat them all in one containment unit, in one state, one base, hospital etc? Why do we need to transport them spearing them evenly all over the entire country? Seems like undue risk to me.

Why, you don't want the virus to be spread evenly to the whole USA, so we can suffer together? You an anti-globalist too, I suppose.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 12344mag, 1minute, 219DW, 10gaugeman, 66 invisible), 2,787 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,481
Posts18,490,194
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.