DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Just trying to help this thread out.

Nobody is stopping you. Just try not to start your wailing and gnashing of teeth...it's bad for the enamel.

Hahaha. For sure.

Well, I'm mad at God for the flood. Those fallen angles took women for wives and their Male sons were giants called nephilim and they screwed the women and kilt the men and if HE hadnt done that flood BS we could have 10 foot tall crackers kicking ass in basketball.,

Wow, that's rough.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by xxclaro

First we better start off with an agreed upon definition of a Christian,
then we can hash out who is and who isn't.

the church relaxed the requirements to be christian,
to increase the flock...its a numbers game.

He with the biggest flock wins...but the sheep still argue amongst themselves
like they have 2000 yrs and counting...

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
Churchianity is not Christianity

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Originally Posted by DBT
Dinosaurs had more in common with birds than lizards, birds being the survivors....

According to what some unscientific scientist postulated from a few bones he guessed at. You made my point for me.

Apparently having little understanding of paleontology or genetics, you had no point to begin with.

Please brush up on the subject....but not using creationist material.

T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
I preached one Sunday in a church where the only ones present were my wife, myself, and God Almighty. Had the darnedest time trying to think I was right and everybody else was wrong. I knew God wasn't wrong, and with my wife there, I knew I couldn't be right. wink It ain't all about numbers, at least it never was for me. God counts better'n me, anyway. grin

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Dinosaurs had more in common with birds than lizards, birds being the survivors....

According to what some unscientific scientist postulated from a few bones he guessed at. You made my point for me.

Apparently having little understanding of paleontology or genetics, you had no point to begin with.

The easiest way to win an argument then from your standpoint is to shut down any differing views. Okay by me. I'll just write off whatever you say. Turn about is fair play.

Brother Keith

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

The easiest way to win an argument then from your standpoint is to shut down any differing views. Okay by me. I'll just write off whatever you say. Turn about is fair play.

Lizards are not dinosaurs, it's basic stuff. The comment that lizards keep growing into dinosaurs, which lived thousands of years ago is absurd regardless of all arguments.

Last edited by DBT; 02/19/20.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N

I'm stealing this.

Unabashedly.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Lizards are not dinosaurs, it's basic stuff. The comment that lizards keep growing into dinosaurs, which lived thousands of years ago is absurd regardless of all arguments.

I didn't say lizards grew into dinosaurs. I said lizards grow into big lizards. Paleontologists invented dinosaurs out out of big lizards.

You like evidence, show me the evidence for your lack of belief system. You ever seen a dinosaur? Me neither.

Brother Keith

T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by nyrifleman

I'm stealing this.

Unabashedly.

You might as well steal it. I did! grin

Brother Keith

IC B3

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Well, I am! But I am an equal opportunity poster.

Have at it gents,

Hell ain't half full yet.

First we better start off with an agreed upon definition of a Christian, then we can hash out who is and who isn't.

The question is not who is a christian, but Why Aren't You one.

Decide for yourself if you are or not, and then tell us why.

Oh no I'm afraid it's not that simple! I've seen lots of people call themselves Christian's and yet according to biblical standards that simply can't be true. Also, I've seen plenty of arguments,here and elsewhere, between people claiming to be Christian while others who claim likewise tell them their beliefs are wrong, so maybe they aren't? It would be most helpful if we could just really nail it down first, then we can set about eliminating those who don't make the cut!

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Catholics aint Christians no how!

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T

The question was why, not how or who.

Brother Keith

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
An easy answer, the bible is a collection of books written by man, not God, and compiled by man, not God, in order to meet the needs of the people in power, Constantine, et al, as a way of controlling the masses, providing a value system and identity, ie, being a Christian.

Of course, the Jews disagreed. Jesus was not their promised Messiah, the Muslims have their own prophet... to mention a few problems with faith.

When is an answer not an answer?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Oh no I'm afraid it's not that simple! I've seen lots of people call themselves Christian's !

talk is cheap.

I've seen plenty of arguments,here and elsewhere, between people
claiming to be Christian while others who claim likewise tell them their beliefs are wrong!

foks who supposedly all have the 'Holy Spirit' arguing whos more christian or who isnt?

chances are they are all fakes.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I am a Christian for sure and try to be a better one everyday, but aside from all of that... look at it this way.

If you don't believe, die and find out that there is a God, what consequences will you suffer????

If you believe, die and there is no God....then all you suffered was a life trying to be a better person.... what's so bad about that?

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E

Oh no I'm afraid it's not that simple! I've seen lots of people call themselves Christian's and yet according to biblical standards that simply can't be true. Also, I've seen plenty of arguments,here and elsewhere, between people claiming to be Christian while others who claim likewise tell them their beliefs are wrong, so maybe they aren't? It would be most helpful if we could just really nail it down first, then we can set about eliminating those who don't make the cut!

I completely see where you’re coming from here.

One doesn’t have to study Church history for long before this lack of clarity becomes clear.

I have an understanding that is extremely under represented in American Christianity and am quite dogmatic about it, but I have studied other perspectives out of a desire to understand them from within (not just to prove them wrong from without) and cqn say that even as dogmatic as I am about my own perspective there is a lot of truth in many of them and they likely all could tell me and my tradition something that we could legitimately work on.

That having been said, I don’t believe that they “aren’t Christians” tho I would say there are some faith traditions tha prove my Calvinistic (that is, that God reaches His people in spite of our best efforts) inclinations by the presence of Christians in spite of not because of the tradition itself.

Sorry for being long winded but I think that’s a great question that only gets more complicated as time passes so likely not one you’ll get a significant consensus on.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DBT
Simply believing that something is true doesn't make it true. People believe a lot of things. Each believer convinced that they are right and the others are wrong.

Same argument back at you. A lot of unbelievers believe something is not true, but that doesn't make them right either.

Come on! Convince me you bunch God haters.

From whence comes your presupposition of hate?

I think your post speaks more to the condition of some "Christians" on this forum then the non-Christians.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Then what exactly do you believe, and why do you believe it?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bobinpa

If you don't believe, die and find out that there is a God, what consequences will you suffer????

Nobody here can truthfully answer that.

For christian belief is pure speculation based
on adopted primitive mythology.

Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1badf350, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1Akshooter, 10ring1, 67 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,391 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,046
Posts18,500,919
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.