Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

Originally Posted by Starman

The atheists are drawn to a Godly discussion, like a moth to a flame, just to spout their stupidity. They have no desire to contribute anything. They just want to be disruptive. The above function is devine for ignoring the ignorant. I shake the dust from my sandals at both of these individuals.

God Bless you Brother Keith.

Jim

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I'm thinking a Christian is someone who believes in God as the Creator of the universe who sent HIS son Jesus Christ, from Mary, to die for us and who arose from the grave on the third day and left to be in Heaven preparing a place for those who believe and confess such with their mouth and ask forgiveness for and repent of their sins.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Dinosaurs had more in common with birds than lizards, birds being the survivors....

According to what some unscientific scientist postulated from a few bones he guessed at. You made my point for me.

Apparently having little understanding of paleontology or genetics, you had no point to begin with.

Please brush up on the subject....but not using creationist material.

The easiest way to win an argument then from your standpoint is to shut down any differing views. Okay by me. I'll just write off whatever you say. Turn about is fair play.

No.

He's just pointing out that you lack even the most rudimentary understanding of paleontology and genetics. I'll add geology to that list considering your apparent literal belief in Noah's flood story. We'd like to have a worthwhile conversation with you which includes these subjects, providing you are willing to bring your understanding up to a level sufficient to participate.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by bobinpa

If you don't believe, die and find out that there is a God, what consequences will you suffer????

Nobody here can truthfully answer that.

Rong. Many probably answer it truthfully, though they cant prove it.

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Catholics aint Christians no how!

What about Mormons?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by texasbatman

[quote-DBT] *** You are ignoring this user ***

[quote-Starman]*** You are ignoring this user ***

Good to know you are in your safe space
with Wabi sharing man hugs.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Dinosaurs had more in common with birds than lizards, birds being the survivors....

According to what some unscientific scientist postulated from a few bones he guessed at. You made my point for me.

Apparently having little understanding of paleontology or genetics, you had no point to begin with.

Please brush up on the subject....but not using creationist material.

The easiest way to win an argument then from your standpoint is to shut down any differing views. Okay by me. I'll just write off whatever you say. Turn about is fair play.

Lizards are not dinosaurs, it's basic stuff. The comment that lizards keep growing into dinosaurs, which lived thousands of years ago is absurd regardless of all arguments.

I didn't say lizards grew into dinosaurs. I said lizards grow into big lizards. Paleontologists invented dinosaurs out out of big lizards.

You like evidence, show me the evidence for your lack of belief system. You ever seen a dinosaur? Me neither.

There are numerous physiological reasons why dinosaurs are not big lizards...which was the point of my objections. Look it up for yourself.

What I said about absence of evidence justifying a lack of conviction was clear enough. It is not justified to be convinced of something when there is no evidence to support a justified belief or conviction.

Which doesn't mean you can't speculate or throw ideas around.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
It's so easy a child can do it, without ever having heard the word "genetics".

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
I'm Catholic and Yes Catholics are Christians. In fact Catholicism is The original Christian Church handed to us by Jesus through the apostles. Not meaning to start an argument but that is a fact. I know haters are going to come along and dump on the Catholic church, and as with everything man touches she has her problems, but it is still the original Christian Church.

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
I guess I didn't address the OP's question, sorry.

IC B3

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

The atheists are drawn to a Godly discussion, like a moth to a flame, just to spout their stupidity. They have no desire to contribute anything. They just want to be disruptive. The above function is devine for ignoring the ignorant. I shake the dust from my sandals at both of these individuals.

Jim

These are excuses. There are different points of view, some valid, some not, but discussing these things should not be seen as disruptive.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Originally Posted by DBT
An easy answer, the bible is a collection of books written by man, not God, and compiled by man, not God, in order to meet the needs of the people in power, Constantine, et al, as a way of controlling the masses, providing a value system and identity, ie, being a Christian.

Of course, the Jews disagreed. Jesus was not their promised Messiah, the Muslims have their own prophet... to mention a few problems with faith.

When is an answer not an answer?

Did you fail to understand what I said? It appears that way.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I was born and raised as one but bristoe turned me into a jew.

shalom

mike r
he got a big ol jar o’ gypsy tears beside that recliner, he likes to shake it like a snow globe

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by bobinpa
I am a Christian for sure and try to be a better one everyday, but aside from all of that... look at it this way.

If you don't believe, die and find out that there is a God, what consequences will you suffer????

If you believe, die and there is no God....then all you suffered was a life trying to be a better person.... what's so bad about that?

Could be plenty wrong with it let me give you a real life example.

A family member on my wife's side had treatable cancer. She was a beautiful young mother of four school aged children. The members of her religious community told her that if she received modern medical treatment, then God would not heal her due to her lack of faith. Her husband finally convinced her to seek treatment, but not until the cancer had masticated and it was way too late.

She died, leaving her 4 young children without a mother and her husband to care for them alone.

Her beliefs caused real damage to real people and cost her the only life which we know for sure she had to live.

Believing untrue things can, and often does, cause real harm to people in this world.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by xxclaro

Oh no I'm afraid it's not that simple! I've seen lots of people call themselves Christian's and yet according to biblical standards that simply can't be true. Also, I've seen plenty of arguments,here and elsewhere, between people claiming to be Christian while others who claim likewise tell them their beliefs are wrong, so maybe they aren't? It would be most helpful if we could just really nail it down first, then we can set about eliminating those who don't make the cut!

I completely see where you’re coming from here.

One doesn’t have to study Church history for long before this lack of clarity becomes clear.

I have an understanding that is extremely under represented in American Christianity and am quite dogmatic about it, but I have studied other perspectives out of a desire to understand them from within (not just to prove them wrong from without) and cqn say that even as dogmatic as I am about my own perspective there is a lot of truth in many of them and they likely all could tell me and my tradition something that we could legitimately work on.

That having been said, I don’t believe that they “aren’t Christians” tho I would say there are some faith traditions tha prove my Calvinistic (that is, that God reaches His people in spite of our best efforts) inclinations by the presence of Christians in spite of not because of the tradition itself.

Sorry for being long winded but I think that’s a great question that only gets more complicated as time passes so likely not one you’ll get a significant consensus on.

Yes.

The early Church history was way messier than most realize.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Well, I am!

I am as well, but I was not always that way. I computed that the story of Jesus, who he was, resurrection and all, was likely truth when I was early in high school. I didn't really see what that had to do with me. Not self destructive or anything like that, I just didn't care about being saved. Did not particularly matter to me. It was not part of the equation when I decided to accept Jesus as savior either. That was based on frustration. Stuff was not going well with me in charge so I decided to let Jesus drive and see if He did any better. Yeah, He did. Cool. Salvation, heaven, etc is a bonus, not my primary motivation.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DBT

Jim

Perhaps you should take a moment to actually read the thread title?

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 02/19/20.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Crusades.....

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Catholics aint Christians no how!

Catholics believe themselves to be Christians.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by DBT

Jim

Perhaps you should take a moment to actually read the threat title?

I love the phrase "Godly Discussion" smile

Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 56 invisible), 2,357 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,043
Posts18,500,820
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.