-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I received a four pages letter from Boise office of the city attorney , it says case against me was dismissed and no details of any charges !
I called the city and finally realized i was charged for my dog not wearing her registration tag in the dog park (Ann Morrison Park) , I do remember a guy gave me a warning ticket more than 3 months ago but he said email me with the picture of the tag and I did.

do you have any dog related stories?

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Now there is a waste of tax payer funds. 4 pages?

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Only the one about my chiuaua pissing on my friend's St. Bernard's nose.

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by persiandog
I received a four pages letter from Boise office of the city attorney , it says case against me was dismissed and no details of any charges !
I called the city and finally realized i was charged for my dog not wearing her registration tag in the dog park (Ann Morrison Park) , I do remember a guy gave me a warning ticket more than 3 months ago but he said email me with the picture of the tag and I did.

do you have any dog related stories?

told a dog cop once my dogs didn't need licenses..........I do the driving. Dog cop wasn't happy with my reply.

Had a 6-8 month old 80lb lab mix on front bench seat of my car when I got rousted on a mistaken ID thing. 7 Sheriff's car and the helicopter over head. Before I got out of the car on that felony stop, I told him if he ever did anything right in his life, now is the time to do it..........Stay. He never moved when I got brought back to the car handcuffed with a pistol at my head. Cop was amazed.

Same dog, laying on a blanket in the park while we were playing horseshoes and drinkin' beer, cops pull in to roust us, coppers park outside chain link fence, wave me over. I tell dog to Stay. I had to walk 20-30 yards to the end of the fence to get around it, then back to the police. He asks "your dog" I say yes. He says "he needs to be on a leash". I say he is and show Mr Popo my index finger and tell him " Invisible leash, If I point left he goes left, right he goes right, down he goes down, heel he heels". I got the "everyone's dogs aren't as well trained as yours, law says he needs a visible leash" lecture. Aye Aye captain!

Lived in a county once, got reported by the vet's office after we took the dogs in for their rabies shot. They're required to send them to the county, which cross references them against licenses. If your dog isn't licensed you get a letter from the county. Yippee, right.

Maybe you can tell I once had an attitude about dog cops? shocked

Our dogs get their shots on schedule here, but no license requirement that we know of in this county. I'm glad...........and I'm not looking into it any deeper.

I probably have more dog stories, but can't remember them now.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My son jogged up the highway to his grandfathers house to get his sister’s cell phone she had forgotten.

He got bit by large mutt that came out of its yard, crossed the highway and clamped onto my son’s thigh. Four holes and sunk them
In deep.

My son came home showed me, said the old toothless woman told him “awwwwee, you’re ok, you shouldn’t have been joggin out here no way”

I called the deputies just for the hell of it cause theyre trashy mfers anyway.

The hose me off part, the county dog catcher dyke came to my home pounding on my door with a demand letter that was “manditory” THAT I FILL OUT PROMPTLY since I raised stink about an aggressive dog in the community.
I told her to go piss up a rope.

She came back 2 days later, stalking my ass, left another demand and packet of forms with a rubber stamp “2nd Notice”

I called the director of animal control told we was the ones that got bit, had to go to the walk in clinic after hours, $45 co-pay, sit for 2 hours and wait to get a tetanus shot.

I said WTF, why your barney fife lesbian harrassing is?? What about the dog owner?
The director said the field tech takes her job seriously, blah blah. Said that the dog owner had to keep their dog inside for 10 days.

Said they didn’t get a leash law violation, only a verbal warning.

So...old woman was right- boy don’t be jogging up there more. Take the crown vic, and run that sombitch over if he’s out in the road.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
the dog tag inspector attitude was like :

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My lab at heal, walking next to me in a camp ground.
Golf cart pulled along side, says dog has to be on a leash.
I said he is....
Trap, has it folded, and in his mouth, carrying it, other end clipped to his collar.
Nothing says "I" have to be holding it...
Got a big smile from the lady, and was told I have a beautiful lab.
Noone else said another word to us all weekend!

Last edited by splattermatic; 02/19/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I remember the city hiring several blacks to ride around in old pickup trucks and shoot bitches in heat...

Early Dog Catcher's they were.

Also remember an old shack with a penned up surrounding yard, full of dogs, located at the City Dump entrance.

Was the Dog Pound.

Need a dog, get a dog.. need to get shed of a dog? dump a dog, your dog get caught? come bail your dog out.

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by splattermatic
My lab at heal, walking next to me in a camp ground.
Golf cart pulled along side, says dog has to be on a leash.
I said he is....
Trap, has it folded, and in his mouth, carrying it, other end clipped to his collar.
Nothing says "I" have to be holding it...
Got a big smile from the lady, and was told I have a beautiful lab.
Noone else said another word to us all weekend!

lol, now THAT is my kind of enforcement agent!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
My son jogged up the highway to his grandfathers house to get his sister’s cell phone she had forgotten.

He got bit by large mutt that came out of its yard, crossed the highway and clamped onto my son’s thigh. Four holes and sunk them
In deep.

My son came home showed me, said the old toothless woman told him “awwwwee, you’re ok, you shouldn’t have been joggin out here no way”

I called the deputies just for the hell of it cause theyre trashy mfers anyway.

The hose me off part, the county dog catcher dyke came to my home pounding on my door with a demand letter that was “manditory” THAT I FILL OUT PROMPTLY since I raised stink about an aggressive dog in the community.
I told her to go piss up a rope.

She came back 2 days later, stalking my ass, left another demand and packet of forms with a rubber stamp “2nd Notice”

I called the director of animal control told we was the ones that got bit, had to go to the walk in clinic after hours, $45 co-pay, sit for 2 hours and wait to get a tetanus shot.

I said WTF, why your barney fife lesbian harrassing is?? What about the dog owner?
The director said the field tech takes her job seriously, blah blah. Said that the dog owner had to keep their dog inside for 10 days.

Said they didn’t get a leash law violation, only a verbal warning.

So...old woman was right- boy don’t be jogging up there more. Take the crown vic, and run that sombitch over if he’s out in the road.

You're more forgiving than I am.

Years ago, my sister's were walking in our pasture and said a dog growled at them and acted like it would bite, if they hadn't left. They described the dog and I knew who it belong to. I went to the man and told him about it and asked him to keep the dog off our property. The man assured me it wasn't his dog and he wasn't going to keep it chained.

A few weeks later, my brother was in our pasture and the dog growled and started toward him. Brother jumped in the truck, drove to the house and told me about it. Again I went to the owner and told him what happened. Same story, it wasn't his dog, blah, blah, blah.

Another week or two passed and I was cutting wood on our place. Bent over cutting a tree and something caught my eye. Glanced back and that dog was sneaking up on me, from behind. I swiped at it with the chain saw, intending on leaving it there in the woods, but the dog dodged and ran off. I drove to the house, got my shotgun, and drove to the owners house. There was the dog, under his porch, so I shot him. Owner came out and wanted to know if I had lost my mind and I told him what happened. Told him it was his fault the dog was dead. Got in my truck and left.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Was crossing back into the US a couple years ago hauling a horse for a buddy.

At the border I talk to the initial contact at the window. Give him passport and answer questions etc. He said ok, park and go do the vet paperwork. Go in and meet the vet. Do all the checks, paperwork etc. He says I am good to go. I start to leave and realize they still have my passport so I go over to a different desk and wait while 2 bp guys chat for a bit. Finally a guy kind of glares at me like WTF do you want.

I explain that initial contact guy took my passport and told me to retrieve it when I was done.

He looked at me and said, "That's just it, you aren't done." I thought, "ok, here we go."

He acts the a$$. Asking the same questions all over again Tell him I am hauling a horse and he gets PO'd about that and directs me to go do vet checkout etc. Vet hollers from just inside his office that it's all good. So the guy asks if I have ANYTHING he needs to be aware of. I tell him maybe 4 beers from a 6-pack I bought to have with supper last night. Asks again insinuating that I am hiding something. Same answer. He said he was going to search.

I explained that I had a very large doberman in the truck that loves me and really doesn't care for strangers and I made it very clear that he should not be opening the doors to the truck. I offered to go get the dog, leash him and take him out of the truck. I start to follow him as he heads to the door, he told me to stay there, he would handle it.

Guy goes outside and it's about 10-15 yards away where the truck and trailer were. After he walks out I hear my dog going absolutely ballistic. Only other guy in there being held up and checked just smiled at me. Dipschit bp guy comes rushing back in, blows past me and goes to the back office and hollers, "I need backup, I need help"

He an another bp guy come out and the a-hole with the napolean complex tells me to go get my dog and take him across the driving lanes to the fence and stay there. I do so and they search the truck and of course nothing is there.

Now, during my stop there with this A-hole and the vet, I saw probably 50+ Canadian semis roll through that were waved right on through after their initial stop. Pretty much all of the drivers were of middle-eastern descent. 2 people were stopped at this point being checked out, myself and an American guy driving a construction truck and he was wearing a cowboy hat. Only thing I can think of is this dick got bullied by cowboys as a kid and is extracting some retribution.

My dog got a lot of petting and love and treats that day.

Last edited by Tarkio; 02/20/20.

Montana MOFO
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Great story Tarkio.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had a young beagle years ago.

Wife answered a knock at the door, dog doing her best to get around her and out the door.

City guy asking if our dog was registered.

Wife, while trying to hold the door and pushing dog back with her foot, calmly said "we don't have a dog". And shut the door.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Much like Splattermatic.

Catching the red-eye out of Fairbanks about 40 years ago. 3 people in the terminal - the agent, security, and me. I'm carrying the large dog kennel, my bag inside, 90 lb Lab at heel as we head to the check in terminal. Security stops me and says dog has to be on leash. I set the cage down, pull the leash out of my parka pocket, snap it on, hand the other end to the dog., then pick up the kennel again.

Security looks at me, calls me a smartass, with a smile, and watches me walk away with the dog at heel.

Last edited by las; 02/20/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
my wife, before she was my wife, walking down this country lane. big white German Shepard comes out and grabs her butt. cant fault him there, but it hurt her.
next year she was my wife and we were tooling down said country lane in my jeep pickup with all of our worldly goods piled clear over the cab.
out comes that good old white German Shepard, runs across in front of me just as I goose the throttle. thump thump. like I said he was a good german shepard at that point.
good grief that was 50 years ago. wife still has dimples curtesy of that dog grin

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (14idaho, 406_SBC, 907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 13 invisible), 1,461 guests, and 793 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,724
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.