Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'll start by agreeing that responsible armed members are a good thing.

There may be situation where less than gunfire is needed. What do you think?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
not armed security is a death assignment.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
I did not say unarmed, Asking about cases that do not call for rounds being fired.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Mmmm 22 or 380.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Richard, this will turn into another rehash of what has been discussed on here before. But, I don't care if it's church, a McDonalds, a Walmart, or the Prissy Missy beauty salon, but the only sure way to stop a would be killer is with lethal force. Anything else is not even debatable.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Why should "church security" be different from any other?

If less than lethal means are called for then don't use lethal means.....sounds fairly simple to me.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Almost all mass shooters plan on not surviving it. Many kill themselves before the cops can stop them. They're going to die anyway so help them get it done before more innocents die.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by vapodog

Why should "church security" be different from any other?

If less than lethal means are called for then don't use lethal means.....sounds fairly simple to me.

^^^THIS^^^

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
In those cases which do not call for the use of letal force, the judicious application of a good, old-fashioned, stick lickin', with a shillelegh, should suffice. An example of a situation which might call for this sort of action, as opposed to filling the offender with lead, would be an unruly drunk peeing in the Holy Water. Not a shooting offence but certainly deserving of a few well placed blows with the aforementioned instrument. GD

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah, "less than lethal"? Maybe a 25 Auto. lol

Honestly, most of y'all seem to have whole freaking security teams at Church. You could use tasers, cattle prods or whatnot. Batons, etc. This would be most helpful on some sinners who aren't towing the line too.

What's the question really? There are saps, powdered lead gloves, Louisville Sluggers...Bristoe lives in Kentucky, maybe he could get you a volume discount if you're a member of a mega-church like Jim Bakker used to run. Some Church member is getting rowdy and singing "Bringing in the Sheaves" too loud and some of this stuff could be useful. We've got some really poor singers that I've been tempted to use the Stun Gun on before.

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Ball bats, Mace?

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
If they are gonna start some cshit, I doubt if it will be started except to kill innocents for no good reason.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Vandalism and shooting aren't even close to being the same thing. Getting close enough to a AR15 or shotgun packing shooter with a stick might not be the smartest thing you can do. Don't carry a stick to a gunfight.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Richard, your church should give Pastor Missy a double barrel shotgun to keep in the pulpit. Load one barrel with a non lethal bean bag round, and the other barrel with 00 Buck, and let her decide which barrel to use should something break out.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by greydog
In those cases which do not call for the use of letal force, the judicious application of a good, old-fashioned, stick lickin', with a shillelegh, should suffice. An example of a situation which might call for this sort of action, as opposed to filling the offender with lead, would be an unruly drunk peeing in the Holy Water. Not a shooting offence but certainly deserving of a few well placed blows with the aforementioned instrument. GD

Yep. Me own sainted Gramma used to keep my Mom's baton from high school behind the front door so no rapists would get her. She saw something on the teevee recommending a length of garden hose for working over potential rapists (which in her mind was any black man she saw). She was swinging it around and telling me about it when I was about eleven or so. This was Dallas in the seventies and very dangerous (NOT).

But back to the point, I've heard others speak of getting real drunk Saturday night but always making it to Church Sunday morning, so I could see some issues with these members giving problems. Maybe taking several shots of the communion and shorting other members. Out comes the Baton or maybe just the garden hose if you're feeling especially forgiving that day.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Vandalism and shooting aren't even close to being the same thing. Getting close enough to a AR15 or shotgun packing shooter with a stick might not be the smartest thing you can do. Don't carry a stick to a gunfight.
What if it's a really sharp stick?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Richard, your church should give Pastor Missy a double barrel shotgun to keep in the pulpit. Load one barrel with a non lethal bean bag round, and the other barrel with 00 Buck, and let her decide which barrel to use should something break out.
Sounds dangerous. Pastor Missy could get confused and nervous in all the excitement and let fly with Buck into the miscreant's crotch instead of just a beanbag round. Then you and the other Deacons have got quite the mess to deal with in Aisle Four instead of them just hauling out somebody whose only offense was staggering a bit to get to his pew. You know the Elder's ain't cleaning that up.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Sometimes a good, stern talking to is required.

And sometimes you just have to ignore the crying babies. smile

Politics is War by Other Means
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
The first thing we need to do is to lock the doors just as the service starts.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (10gaugemag, 16gage, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 53 invisible), 2,653 guests, and 1,364 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,459
Posts18,471,188
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.