Print Thread
Hop To
Page 32 of 62 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 61 62
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Hastings
If I was a non believer I might say to myself "if these are Jesus' friends I don't want to get mixed up in that"
To non believers I would ask that you give the book of Matthew a good thorough reading and ponder the miracle of the return of the Jewish nation in 1947. Isaiah 66:8 "Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once?" The Jewish people are a miracle, a world power militarily, and financially and something big is happening.

Hastings,

I appreciate you trying to return some civility to this thread.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Enough of this Fussing and Fighting, let's have a sing along and a group hug.
There is more that unites us than divides us (so they say).
Don't cheat, you must listen to the whole thing!

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's much more reasonable. smile

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by DBT
... What results is not a good look for them or Christianity. But of course, sadly, they can't see that.

Im inclined to say some can see it, but dont
give a damn about how Jesus wants them
to represent him.

Then on top of that, Fubi comparing himself to Jesus
in the temple is just so absurd.. LoL

Don’t look to any of us, or any of you, for perfection. You all draw first blood and then cry when we fight back. I am surrounded by many fine Christian people that exhaust themselves to help others. You attack them and I’m gonna attack you. Simple as that. One of my faults, for sure. Nonetheless, many of us, including myself, will fight back.

I never aim comments at a poster unless they become insulting first. The issue is that there are a few Christians on the forum who quickly resort to cowardly insults and flaming whenever anyone questions faith. They show complete intolerance to reasonable and open inquiry.

Last edited by DBT; 02/21/20.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by bannination
Originally Posted by DBT
... What results is not a good look for them or Christianity. But of course, sadly, they can't see that.

to represent him.

Don’t look to any of us, or any of you, for perfection. You all draw first blood and then cry when we fight back. I am surrounded by many fine Christian people that exhaust themselves to help others. You attack them and I’m gonna attack you. Simple as that. One of my faults, for sure. Nonetheless, many of us, including myself, will fight back.

I don't see how asking questions is attacking. Besides religion and republican politics, it's not considered attacking any where else that I'm aware of.

With that said, what was your criteria that you used to rule out all other religions?

Exactly,
By his standards he MUST accept every other religion, since they cannot be proven false.

Fubarski,

Since you can't disprove Mohammad, how's your new religion, Islam working out for you?

It appears that misery does indeed love company. Dang, I’d hate to wake up in your world. Seriously now, I’m not trying to be mean, not at all. Just sayin. Must be a west of the Mississippi thing? Somethings wrong out there.

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DBT

to represent him.

I don't see how asking questions is attacking. Besides religion and republican politics, it's not considered attacking any where else that I'm aware of.

With that said, what was your criteria that you used to rule out all other religions?

Exactly,
By his standards he MUST accept every other religion, since they cannot be proven false.

Fubarski,

Since you can't disprove Mohammad, how's your new religion, Islam working out for you?

It appears that misery does indeed love company. Dang, I’d hate to wake up in your world. Seriously now, I’m not trying to be mean, not at all. Just sayin. Must be a west of the Mississippi thing? Somethings wrong out there.

Would you like to address the argument I made, or do you have nothing constructive to add?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Its just ad homs and innuendo from beginning to end.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

to represent him.

I never aim comments at a poster unless they become insulting first. The issue is that there are a few Christians on the forum who quickly resort to cowardly insults and flaming whenever anyone questions faith. They show complete intolerance to reasonable and open inquiry.

I certainly don’t, or at least I shouldn’t get aggravated over mere questions. No doubt....but the dialogue needs to be kept respectful. To say that your side can be insulting is an understatement. Some of the comments are off the chain. And directed at some of the finest people on this earth, that are trying to make a difference in the world. That is complete bs. Are you all not aware of the efforts that are being made to help others in need? Perhaps that is not going on in your neck of the woods? It certainly is here, and on a grand scale. Again, I’ll push back when we are pushed first.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

to represent him.

I certainly don’t, or at least I shouldn’t get aggravated over mere questions. No doubt....but the dialogue needs to be kept respectful. To say that your side can be insulting is an understatement. Some of the comments are off the chain. And directed at some of the finest people on this earth, that are trying to make a difference in the world. That is complete bs. Are you all not aware of the efforts that are being made to help others in need? Perhaps that is not going on in your neck of the woods? It certainly is here, and on a grand scale. Again, I’ll push back when we are pushed first.

There is sniping from both sides, but as I said, I never direct comments at poster unless they attack first, and then I point out what they are doing. I stick to the issues with faith as I see it until that point.

I don't doubt that many of the posters are fine people, but some in fact do appear to forget their manners and their sense of tolerance to other points of view when their faith is questioned, no matter how reasonably or respectfully.

It is the mere challenge to faith that sets them off. And once set off, they do not appear to be the fine people that they normally are.

That is the problem. The Jekyll and Hyde transformation when challenged.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

to represent him.

There is sniping from both sides, but as I said, I never direct comments at poster unless they attack first, and then I point out what they are doing. I stick to the issues with faith as I see it until that point.

I don't doubt that many of the posters are fine people, but some in fact do appear to forget their manners and their sense of tolerance to other points of view when their faith is questioned, no matter how reasonably or respectfully.

It is the mere challenge to faith that sets them off. And once set off, they do not appear to be the fine people that they normally are.

That is the problem. The Jekyll and Hyde transformation when challenged.

That reminds me of the behavior of a former, prominent member. He's a very experiences hunter and shooter, so he experienced a great level of deference from members. used to people just taking his work for things. He was pretty miffed when the same tactic didn't work in the religious threads and people would actually ask him for evidence, and expect him to meet a burden of proof. He became right down haughty, and indigent. It was sad but humorous all at the same time.

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by DBT

to represent him.

Exactly,

Fubarski,

Typical moronic strawman by a religion thread troll.

Did I see a thread of fire brothers postin bout Mo, I'd just pass it by.

Because I'm not a self-centered tention ho troll, like you.

I wouldn't jump in the thread with lame posts deridin the guy, just to piss off the people tryin ta have an intelligent discussion.

And if for some reason, I *did* decide to engage in the thread, I wouldn't be demandin that everbody there cater to a lack of intellect by claimin that Mo's existence hasta be proved to me, to my satisfaction.

But 99.9% of the time, I'd just let it pass, and let the OP and the participants share their ideas without disturbin em.

You and the other religiotrolls just can't resist insertin their stupidity to try and derail a legitimate discussion.

Either the subject scares the crap outta ya, for some unknown reason, or ya got a compulsion, like EBT.

Pathetic.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by DBT
Its just ad homs and innuendo from beginning to end.

So, what stage did ya get to, fore ya gave up and posted?

Start ta twitch?

facial tick?

Sweat?

Then all ya can do is whine cause somebody pointed out what as @sshole you are.

And that's not an ad hominem argument. It's just a simple observation describing your posts on the thread. No different than pointin out ya got two eyes. Just a description of a characteristic.

Troll a thread, ya get called out on it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by DBT

to represent him.

Exactly,

Fubarski,

I wouldn't jump in the thread with lame posts deridin the guy, just to piss off the people tryin ta have an intelligent discussion.

And if for some reason, I *did* decide to engage in the thread, I wouldn't be demandin that everbody there cater to a lack of intellect by claimin that Mo's existence hasta be proved to me, to my satisfaction.

But 99.9% of the time, I'd just let it pass, and let the OP and the participants share their ideas without disturbin em.

You and the other religiotrolls just can't resist insertin their stupidity to try and derail a legitimate discussion.

Either the subject scares the crap outta ya, for some unknown reason, or ya got a compulsion, like EBT.

Pathetic.

Fubarski my Muslim friend,

It's not a straw-man, It's a simple demonstration of why the burden of proof is on the positive claim. If we apply your line of reasoning to Islam, you MUST accept it until you can prove it's false.

If you want to have a rational discussion with out all the insults and name calling, we can do that, but it seems you are unable to. Looking through your posts in this thread all I see is insults and outrage.

Enjoy your new religion, it seems much more aligned with your personality.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 02/22/20.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I believe Jesus even though the accounts of his life and teachings have been edited, redacted, and even interpreted by an "apostle" who by his own account seems to have never met Jesus except in visions. I believe there was enough got by the censors that I know his message and teachings. I wish some of my fellow believers would read their own posts and beliefs and see if they come away feeling harmony with Jesus' teachings. Try the site Jesuswordsonly.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

It's a simple demonstration of why the burden of proof is on the positive claim.

If you want to have a rational discussion with out all the insults and name calling, we can do that, but it seems you are unable to. Looking through your posts in this thread all I see is insults and outrage.

Simpleton.

If you're going to troll a thread disparaging the beliefs of others, the burden shifts to you.

Least you know your limitations. You can't, and never will, be able to produce an argument proving that the sincere beliefs of fire members aren't accurate.

So you have no legitimate purpose in the threads, except to stir shat like any tention ho.

Pointing out your constant trollery is no more ad hominem than pointing out that the sky is blue.

Your claims of victimhood when exposed for the troll you are, are the natural progression of the SJW shtick, which you follow religiously.

Don't like bein called oout as a troll, don't be a troll.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

It's a simple demonstration of why the burden of proof is on the positive claim.

Simpleton.

If you're going to troll a thread disparaging the beliefs of others, the burden shifts to you.

Least you know your limitations. You can't, and never will, be able to produce an argument proving that the sincere beliefs of fire members aren't accurate.

So you have no legitimate purpose in the threads, except to stir shat like any tention ho.

Pointing out your constant trollery is no more ad hominem than pointing out that the sky is blue.

Your claims of victimhood when exposed for the troll you are, are the natural progression of the SJW shtick, which you follow religiously.

Don't like bein called oout as a troll, don't be a troll.

If you had a sound evidence base for your beliefs, you could just point toward your good evidence. But since you don't have any, you can't and instead, we get posts from you like the one above. I suggest you take a few minutes to review your "contribution" to this thread. A lot of insults, offense and outrage, but no thoughtful contributions.

Here's a primer for you on the Null Hypothesis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Null_hypothesis

It's typically covered in a Junior or Senior level science class, so I would understand if you are not familiar with it.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
If you're going to allege that there's no higher being, then *you've* got the burden to prove that.

Now here's a link for *you*.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

You keep tryin for Socratic, but end up lookin moronic.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
If you're going to allege that there's no higher being, then *you've* got the burden to prove that.

Now here's a link for *you*.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

You keep tryin for Socratic, but end up lookin moronic.

Fubarski,

If you'd been paying attention you would know I don't see good evidence for any supernatural beings. The thousands of gods, including your, just happen to fall into category.

Beyond your God, what other supernatural beings, do you believe in?

Why?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I don't see good evidence for any supernatural beings.

Then there's no need for you to post in threads discussing supernatural beings.

All ya gotta do is STFU, easiest thing in the world ta do.

But you can't.

Because you're a SJW tention ho troll, don't matter which, tryin ta save the world from people of faith, or gettin jollies from people who respond on the net.

Maybe someday you get enough attention at home, you won't feel the need ta troll the fire.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT

to represent him.

Exactly,

Fubarski,

Pathetic.

Fubarski my Muslim friend,

It's not a straw-man, It's a simple demonstration of why the burden of proof is on the positive claim. If we apply your line of reasoning to Islam, you MUST accept it until you can prove it's false.

Enjoy your new religion, it seems much more aligned with your personality.

Nope, the Christian has no burden of proof. We have a responsibility to witness and tell. The proof is the responsibility of the Holy Spirit.

As,I have said many times, God will not hold me accountable for “failing to prove Jesus” to anybody.

But, there is no pass. I expect that at judgment, God may indeed “roll the videotape” so-to-speak and clearly show the unbeliever all the times that God showed Himself.

You can indeed chose to believe what you like. You really do have that choice and you really can reject the truth about Jesus.

But, prove it? Who is better at communicating to you..... me or God?

Remember, one’s pride can get in the way and they can willfully stick your fingers in their ears.... and they can continue to say that “God hasn’t proven himself to me.”

Won’t work.....

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Page 32 of 62 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 61 62

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

54 members (Akhutr, 35, 338reddog, 01Foreman400, 9 invisible), 1,412 guests, and 832 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,876
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.