Page 33 of 62 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 61 62
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I don't see good evidence for any supernatural beings.

Then there's no need for you to post in threads discussing supernatural beings.

All ya gotta do is STFU, easiest thing in the world ta do.

But you can't.

Because you're a SJW tention ho troll, don't matter which, tryin ta save the world from people of faith, or gettin jollies from people who respond on the net.

Maybe someday you get enough attention at home, you won't feel the need ta troll the fire.

That doesn't mean I don't see value in there debates.

If the cognitive dissonance is too much for you to handle, you don't have to click on these threads.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Sniper is far from being the nastiest poster here. I'll hear him out.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by bannination
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by DBT
... What results is not a good look for them or Christianity. But of course, sadly, they can't see that.

Im inclined to say some can see it, but dont
give a damn about how Jesus wants them
to represent him.

Then on top of that, Fubi comparing himself to Jesus
in the temple is just so absurd.. LoL

Don’t look to any of us, or any of you, for perfection. You all draw first blood and then cry when we fight back. I am surrounded by many fine Christian people that exhaust themselves to help others. You attack them and I’m gonna attack you. Simple as that. One of my faults, for sure. Nonetheless, many of us, including myself, will fight back.

I don't see how asking questions is attacking. Besides religion and republican politics, it's not considered attacking any where else that I'm aware of.

With that said, what was your criteria that you used to rule out all other religions?

Exactly,
By his standards he MUST accept every other religion, since they cannot be proven false.

Fubarski,

Since you can't disprove Mohammad, how's your new religion, Islam working out for you?

Typical moronic strawman by a religion thread troll.

Did I see a thread of fire brothers postin bout Mo, I'd just pass it by.

Because I'm not a self-centered tention ho troll, like you.

I wouldn't jump in the thread with lame posts deridin the guy, just to piss off the people tryin ta have an intelligent discussion.

And if for some reason, I *did* decide to engage in the thread, I wouldn't be demandin that everbody there cater to a lack of intellect by claimin that Mo's existence hasta be proved to me, to my satisfaction.

But 99.9% of the time, I'd just let it pass, and let the OP and the participants share their ideas without disturbin em.

You and the other religiotrolls just can't resist insertin their stupidity to try and derail a legitimate discussion.

Either the subject scares the crap outta ya, for some unknown reason, or ya got a compulsion, like EBT.

Pathetic.

Fubarski my Muslim friend,

It's not a straw-man, It's a simple demonstration of why the burden of proof is on the positive claim. If we apply your line of reasoning to Islam, you MUST accept it until you can prove it's false.

If you want to have a rational discussion with out all the insults and name calling, we can do that, but it seems you are unable to. Looking through your posts in this thread all I see is insults and outrage.

Enjoy your new religion, it seems much more aligned with your personality.

Nope, the Christian has no burden of proof. We have a responsibility to witness and tell. The proof is the responsibility of the Holy Spirit.

As,I have said many times, God will not hold me accountable for “failing to prove Jesus” to anybody.

But, there is no pass. I expect that at judgment, God may indeed “roll the videotape” so-to-speak and clearly show the unbeliever all the times that God showed Himself.

You can indeed chose to believe what you like. You really do have that choice and you really can reject the truth about Jesus.

But, prove it? Who is better at communicating to you..... me or God?

Remember, one’s pride can get in the way and they can willfully stick your fingers in their ears.... and they can continue to say that “God hasn’t proven himself to me.”

Won’t work.....

TF,

Null Hypothesis. Positive claims. This is very basic stuff. You're well educated, so I have good reason to believe you understand the concepts, and probably apply them everyday in your professional life.

As I explained to Fubarski, by asserting religions should be accepted until they are disproven, you should convert to Islam, and Buddhism, and Shintoism, and Hinduism, since they too are un-falsifiable.

Of course this is an absurd position, but again, it demonstrates the absurdity of position as it relates to burden of proof, and why it rests with positive supernatural claim.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

You could receive the value of the debate by readin, without tryin to derail it with stupidity.

But you can't stand ta see someone believe in a higher power.

Offends your SJW/Communist manifesto sensibilities.

You're the Paddler of the religion threads.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Sniper is far from being the nastiest poster here. I'll hear him out.

Thank You Wabigoon.

You are one of many fine Christian Gentleman here on The Fire. You share your Christianity in a positive light without the intend to disparage others.

Yes your Christianity's very important to your life, but in some respects you are what I call (and I mean this as a compliment), practical atheist, meaning, although you are a Christian, I don't see it leading you to bad decisions, nor using it to justify bad behavior, or the derision of others. For me, it's an important distinctions. Not all Christians, nor are all religions, equal in the outcomes they produce for their followers.

Other then you spending your Sundays with your adopted Christian family, and me spending mine with my wife and kids, there's not a much real difference in our politics, how you and I live our lives, and the outcomes we want for others.

Tell Pastor Missy "Hi" for me.

May you enjoy the richness she brings to your life.

AS.

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

You could receive the value of the debate by readin, without tryin to derail it with stupidity.

But you can't stand ta see someone believe in a higher power.

Offends your SJW/Communist manifesto sensibilities.

You're the Paddler of the religion threads.

Read my Signature line.
Pay attention to whom I quote.
You are way off base.

Neither Milton Friedman nor Digital Dan fall within the philosophical niche you are attempting to ascribe to me.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 02/22/20.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
It's not my fault that it wasn't understood.

Of course, it is.

You lack the capacity for intelligent argument.

You've posted over a thousand times, all in a lame attempt to refute the existence of God.

And you've failed miserably, as would be expected.

You cut and paste from the internet, arguments that are way over your head.

You are forced to attempt to frame the argument to put the burden of proving the existence of God on the other side, because you're not intelligent enough to produce an argument that God doesn't exist.

You're completely impotent, all of your efforts, over a thousand posts, and you've not changed one opinion.

Your 'fire career is a complete waste of time.

Hang on a minute. You can't prove a negative. It's up to you to prove an existence of god. That's now how this works. You are lacking of capacity for any kind of argument.

"You can't prove a negative" - a statement based entirely upon human opinion/rationalization - one aspect of the human-made evidence and argumentation construct. It may work just fine for humans who need rules for their intellectual games, but it has no relationship to the existence, presence and power of God. These mere human tools are not applicable to faith based beliefs. Simply wrenches for the human domain.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If you're going to troll a thread disparaging the beliefs of others, the burden shifts to you.

CHRISTIANS consider all other gods false
thus you would not then dispute the burden
rests on them to prove such disparaging claim.

emotional outbursts or cowering in your foxholes
behind your faith, are not objective evidence or proof,
Neither is fallible Bible with known forged content.

By his standards he MUST accept every other religion, since they cannot be proven false.

such is the conundrum ardent christians
create for themselves.

Painting themselves into a corner from
which they cannot extracate themselves.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is no conundrum there, whatsoever. God has not charged Christians, his children, with any burden to prove God's existence, omniscience, omnipotence, omnipresence, etc. to those who do not so believe. Yes, God has commanded Christians to do some things and to follow certain tenets, but has not given them the responsibility to stoop to the level of trying to PROVE anything about God to the non-believer. There is a separate and essential concept at work. Non-believers do not exhibit the capacity to grasp and employ that concept.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CCCC
There is no conundrum there, whatsoever. God has not charged Christians, his children, with any burden to prove God's existence,.

Your cognitive impairment is on show again.

It wasnt about your God, it's about christians
Failing to prove that all other Gods are false.

IC B3

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by DBT
... What results is not a good look for them or Christianity. But of course, sadly, they can't see that.

Im inclined to say some can see it, but dont
give a damn about how Jesus wants them
to represent him.

Then on top of that, Fubi comparing himself to Jesus
in the temple is just so absurd.. LoL

Don’t look to any of us, or any of you, for perfection. You all draw first blood and then cry when we fight back. I am surrounded by many fine Christian people that exhaust themselves to help others. You attack them and I’m gonna attack you. Simple as that. One of my faults, for sure. Nonetheless, many of us, including myself, will fight back.

I never aim comments at a poster unless they become insulting first. The issue is that there are a few Christians on the forum who quickly resort to cowardly insults and flaming whenever anyone questions faith. They show complete intolerance to reasonable and open inquiry.

I certainly don’t, or at least I shouldn’t get aggravated over mere questions. No doubt....but the dialogue needs to be kept respectful. To say that your side can be insulting is an understatement. Some of the comments are off the chain. And directed at some of the finest people on this earth, that are trying to make a difference in the world. That is complete bs. Are you all not aware of the efforts that are being made to help others in need? Perhaps that is not going on in your neck of the woods? It certainly is here, and on a grand scale. Again, I’ll push back when we are pushed first.

There is sniping from both sides, but as I said, I never direct comments at poster unless they attack first, and then I point out what they are doing. I stick to the issues with faith as I see it until that point.

I don't doubt that many of the posters are fine people, but some in fact do appear to forget their manners and their sense of tolerance to other points of view when their faith is questioned, no matter how reasonably or respectfully.

It is the mere challenge to faith that sets them off. And once set off, they do not appear to be the fine people that they normally are.

That is the problem. The Jekyll and Hyde transformation when challenged.

That reminds me of the behavior of a former, prominent member. He's a very experiences hunter and shooter, so he experienced a great level of deference from members. used to people just taking his work for things. He was pretty miffed when the same tactic didn't work in the religious threads and people would actually ask him for evidence, and expect him to meet a burden of proof. He became right down haughty, and indigent. It was sad but humorous all at the same time.

And so much angst over a simple thing such as the burden of proof lies with the claimant, not the one asking for evidence or pointing out that there doesn't appear to be any....that if the gods do in fact exist, they keep their existence hidden from us.

Last edited by DBT; 02/22/20.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
It's not my fault that it wasn't understood.

Of course, it is.

You lack the capacity for intelligent argument.

You've posted over a thousand times, all in a lame attempt to refute the existence of God.

And you've failed miserably, as would be expected.

You cut and paste from the internet, arguments that are way over your head.

You are forced to attempt to frame the argument to put the burden of proving the existence of God on the other side, because you're not intelligent enough to produce an argument that God doesn't exist.

You're completely impotent, all of your efforts, over a thousand posts, and you've not changed one opinion.

Your 'fire career is a complete waste of time.

Hang on a minute. You can't prove a negative. It's up to you to prove an existence of god. That's now how this works. You are lacking of capacity for any kind of argument.

"You can't prove a negative" - a statement based entirely upon human opinion/rationalization - one aspect of the human-made evidence and argumentation construct. It may work just fine for humans who need rules for their intellectual games, but it has no relationship to the existence, presence and power of God. These mere human tools are not applicable to faith based beliefs. Simply wrenches for the human domain.

An absence of evidence where evidence should be found is evidence for the negative.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/god

Money would fall under that definition.

Just saying......

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
There is no conundrum there, whatsoever. God has not charged Christians, his children, with any burden to prove God's existence, omniscience, omnipotence, omnipresence, etc. to those who do not so believe. Yes, God has commanded Christians to do some things and to follow certain tenets, but has not given them the responsibility to stoop to the level of trying to PROVE anything about God to the non-believer. There is a separate and essential concept at work. Non-believers do not exhibit the capacity to grasp and employ that concept.

Reading Luther’s Bondage of the Will.

Quite illustrative.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by DBT

An absence of evidence where evidence should be found is evidence for the negative.

The thing that you’re ignoring here is the fact that there are many highly intelligent people down through the ages who registered “evidence” beyond numbering.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by DBT

The thing that you’re ignoring here is the fact that there are many highly intelligent people down through the ages who registered “evidence” beyond numbering.

A lot of highly intelligent people throughout history have been wrong. They have been wrong because they did not have the necessary information or the prevailing beliefs prevented them from seeing what was there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
...you can't stand to see someone believe in a higher power.
Nailed it, plain and simple. Period.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
One can talk one's self into, or out of most anything, we have all seen it done. Faith, Faith, Faith is what matters.

May Our Lord strengthen mine, and yours.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antlers

No, it's still about evidence and justification, always was and always will be.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by antlers

No, it's still about evidence and justification, always was and always will be.

Christian inquisitors knew all about justification.
one only had to have a different view of the same God
and it meant torture and death.... For six centuries!

Page 33 of 62 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 61 62

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

498 members (2500HD, 160user, 1badf350, 007FJ, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 47 invisible), 2,125 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,243
Posts18,504,590
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.