-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Such Q. is way way over Toots capability.

You wont get rational explanations from smoke
and mirrors primitive cult mythology mindsets.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.

M
MMM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Why are you not a christian? Well it isn't atheists who: practice shunning, conduct witch trials, engaged in 250 years of the crusades, over 200 years of the spanish inquisition, the endless wars of eastern europe, wars with the Ottomans, the conversion, rape, slavery and robbery of central and south america, oh, and let us not forget africa. Quite a track record for christianity eh?

I’d like to see some of the christian apologists address flintlocke’s thoughts; I have often wondered the same things myself. I know Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Mao, et al were bad, but since the dawn of civilization, the good christians have been right alongside of them in terms of the death and destruction, misery and suffering they have inflicted on others, all in the name of “god.”

If “god” is out there he is a hell of a lousy parent/creator. Why create something and watch it go into the shatter. Would you stand there and watch one of your kids shoot his brother or sister, or beat them to death, or set them on fire, or chop their head off? Would you stand there and watch some pathetic loser walk through a school building, shooting your precious little creations to death by the dozen?? “God” does it every day. And when someone asks why, we are told that “god” works in mysterious ways; that we mere humans cannot understand “‘god’’s plan.” Don’t give me that crap. That what christians say because they have no idea why, and it makes no sense to them either.

Last edited by MMM; 02/22/20.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Hitler was a theist. Stalin studied to be a priest....
quote;
''Religious apologists, particularly those of the Christian variety, are big fans of what I have dubbed, the atheist atrocities fallacy. Christians commonly employ this fallacy to shield their egos from the harsh reality of the brutality of their own religion, by utilizing a most absurd form of the tu quoque (“you too”) fallacy, mingled with numerous other logical fallacies and historical inaccuracies. Despite the fact that the atheist atrocities fallacy has already been thoroughly exposed by Hitchens and other great thinkers, it continues to circulate amongst the desperate believers of a religion in its death throes. Should an atheist present a believer with the crimes committed by the Holy See of the Inquisition(s), the Crusaders and other faith-wielding misanthropes, they will often hear the reply; “Well, what about Stalin, Pol Pot and Hitler? They were atheists, and they killed millions!”

''I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so.'' - Adolf Hitler (1941)

Last edited by DBT; 02/22/20.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by MMM
Why are you not a christian? Well it isn't atheists who: practice shunning, conduct witch trials, engaged in 250 years of the crusades, over 200 years of the spanish inquisition, the endless wars of eastern europe, wars with the Ottomans, the conversion, rape, slavery and robbery of central and south america, oh, and let us not forget africa. Quite a track record for christianity eh?

I’d like to see some of the christian apologists address flintlocke’s thoughts; I have often wondered the same things myself. I know Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Mao, et al were bad, but since the dawn of civilization, the good christians have been right alongside of them in terms of the death and destruction, misery and suffering they have inflicted on others, all in the name of “god.”

If “god” is out there he is a hell of a lousy parent/creator. Why create something and watch it go into the shatter. Would you stand there and watch one of your kids shoot his brother or sister, or beat them to death, or set them on fire, or chop their head off? Would you stand there and watch some pathetic loser walk through a school building, shooting your precious little creations to death by the dozen?? “God” does it every day. And when someone asks why, we are told that “god” works in mysterious ways; that we mere humans cannot understand “‘god’’s plan.” Don’t give me that crap. That what christians say because they have no idea why, and it makes no sense to them either.

Let's hear it from the best:

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Excellent video A.S., thanks for posting!

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Christians want to have their cake and eat it.

when a perp shoots up a school...

-They bemoan-lament the terrible 'pure evil' events
that took place.

-Then they console/try to comfort distraught parents/
families/community, to trust its all Gods will.

-They also pray to change God's will cause they
don't like or have faith in the events of God's will.

Now If you only found rare individuals
like that you'd say, OK an anomaly..
But tragically you find them in common
large sheepbrain groups!

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I might argue that the examples above of Stalin, Pol Pot, Hitler etc.....conducted their wars, crimes and atrocities for power, riches, glory, ego, and so on. The christians, muslims, ostensibly to impose a belief system, or religion if you prefer on the unbelievers. The horrors commited by both were the same, yes. The motivation was different, power vs religion. Ethnic cleansing is in a class by itself when it comes to inhumanity.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have not read one thing on this thread but know, I respect your beliefs.

It's you're eternity. Not mine.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
[quote=DBT]People have been searching for gods for a long, long time.... believing in the existence of countless numbers of them along the way, each generation of believers convinced that their own beliefs are true. That is the truth. I hope it's not too harsh.

Yet one remains and ever shall til the end of time.

What started as a small brotherhood in Judea and then went on to Greece to become a philosophy , later moved on to become an Institution,,,,,and so it remains, warts, charlatans and all.

Chr*stianity is here to stay, like it or not.

That is the Truth. I hope it’s not too harsh.

Each and every believer confirms their conviction by stating what they believe, this alone doesn't prove that what they believe is true, is in fact true, no matter how sincere the conviction.

That takes objective evidence, a body of information that anyone can access and evaluate and draw a similar conclusion.

Be that as it may, what I wrote is fact .

You are, of course, quite free to draw your own conclusions and believe what you will.

I wish you well in your search.

Believe what you like, it doesn't matter as long as it harms no one....however, facts are established with evidence, which is something accessible to all who care to look.

The big difference being that your way never helped anyone.

What do you mean by that? More detail please.
[/quote

Start with faith based charities on the Chr*stian side of the equation.]

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by bannination

What started as a small brotherhood in Judea and then went on to Greece to become a philosophy , later moved on to become an Institution,,,,,and so it remains, warts, charlatans and all.

If that is the truth what criteria did you use to rule all the other gods out? This should be an easy question, so how about actually answering it?

Do you not understand that you are free to worship or not worship in any or no fashion at all. It’s your call. If you worship Satan and many do, then have at it. It’s yours to do. If you say worship and belief in the Cre*tor is a waste then go forth and ignore it. If deriding Chr*stians makes you feel justified, it’s your right to do so.

No one can argue against that.
That’s all I can offer you.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Starman
Christians want to have their cake and eat it.

when a perp shoots up a school...

-They bemoan-lament the terrible 'pure evil' events
that took place.

-Then they console/try to comfort distraught parents/
families/community, to trust its all Gods will.

-They also pray to change God's will cause they
don't like or have faith in the events of God's will.

Now If you only found rare individuals
like that you'd say, OK an anomaly..
But tragically you find them in common
large sheepbrain groups!

You’ve always hung out with the wrong folks, it would appear.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Starman
Such Q. is way way over Toots capability.

You wont get rational explanations from smoke
and mirrors primitive cult mythology mindsets.

Heh, heh.

“And why do the heathen rage.”

ETA:
This mythology that you speak will be here long after you’ve crossed over . Take comfort in that fact and how pitifully little your efforts contributed to the demise of it. Pfffff’t.

Last edited by Old_Toot; 02/23/20.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
“Why Are You Not A Christian”

I am no longer a Christian because AS, starman and a few others have enlightened me.
Thank you guys for your wonderful service, this is a long time coming freedom.

👍🏼

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Tom264

I am no longer a Christian because AS, starman and a few others have enlightened me.

👍🏼

You always did choose the right “path”.

What a riot!!

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DBT
People have been searching for gods for a long, long time.... believing in the existence of countless numbers of them along the way, each generation of believers convinced that their own beliefs are true. That is the truth. I hope it's not too harsh.

OT,

Many religions have come and gone, sometimes over period of thousands of years.

The Churches of Europe are now largely empty, and in the U.S. the fastest growing group in "Nons", i.e. the non-believers and non-affiliated.

This trend is even more pronounced across generations with younger Americans being far less religious.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by MMM

Bear in mind, Hitler was Catholic, and made several reference to his Christian Faith in Mein Kampf.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
[quote=DBT]People have been searching for gods for a long, long time.... believing in the existence of countless numbers of them along the way, each generation of believers convinced that their own beliefs are true. That is the truth. I hope it's not too harsh.

Each and every believer confirms their conviction by stating what they believe, this alone doesn't prove that what they believe is true, is in fact true, no matter how sincere the conviction.

That takes objective evidence, a body of information that anyone can access and evaluate and draw a similar conclusion.

Be that as it may, what I wrote is fact .

You are, of course, quite free to draw your own conclusions and believe what you will.

I wish you well in your search.

Believe what you like, it doesn't matter as long as it harms no one....however, facts are established with evidence, which is something accessible to all who care to look.

The big difference being that your way never helped anyone.

What do you mean by that? More detail please.
[/quote

Start with faith based charities on the Chr*stian side of the equation.]

Charity is not limited to Christians.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Tom264

👍🏼

Tom,

That's great to hear. I'd glad you are no longer living as a slave to Bronze Age superstition. This is the only life we know for certain we have. Your de-conversation can help you focus on this life, and making the biggest difference for those and what matters the most to you, here, now, in this life.

This could be challenging for you if the majority of people in your life are believers. You will have to gauge how they may react, and how to best work through it. It's not unusual for friends and family to shun or ostracize new Free Thinkers. If you wife's a devout Christian it's important to tread lightly, after all, for most people that's your most important relationship.

Of course, part of being a Free Thinker, mean you actually have to think for yourself. It means examining your foundational presuppositions and and asking yourself if they are true, and if not, what does that mean to how you interact with others, and live your life in general. It can be a daunting proposition, but you should be up to it.

Best of luck to you.

AS.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why Are You Not A Christian?

Because it makes my head hurt...

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
Lol.. I dont need to read a book or join a team to have values or ethics, its basic human nature. Specifically when the overwhelming evidence shows the over all Christian religion is riddled with horrible ethics and values.

Heres what I think. If I live a good, honest and productive life with only displaying 1/2 the hate and bigotry the average intolerant Christian does, God will give me a cut the line pass to heaven if there is such a place.

My Uncle In-Law was a pastor in the Methodist Church for 30+ years. The group his area used to manage their retirement accounts, mismanaged the funds and he was left hanging. Theres a man that served “god” for his entire career, and got bent over backwards. I guess him needing to keep working is all part of gods plan hahahaha...

Snake oil and fools gold. Theres always a catch with whatever someones selling.... and theres a lot of gullible buyers in this world.

Your first sentence, you couldn’t possibly be more wrong than that.

What specific proof do you offer to your first sentence beyond mere conjecture ?

How about it Ejp1234 ?

Your support group here should be able to lend you some amount of assistance beyond that of your Webster’s Dictionary that you pack around with you.

Hint:
Pick up a copy of Mr. Rogets Thesaurus and keep it with you too. Might even have a calming effect on those heavy emotions that you exhibit so well and frequently.

Sorry Old Hoot.... Im out of town, in a city jammed packed with Christians doing extreme Christian things...

Vegas....

Im not really trying to take a lot of time to teach you anything else. I imagine church is big $$ here too.... lots of sinning to forgive hahaha

Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1Akshooter, 007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,445 guests, and 1,375 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,046
Posts18,500,875
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.