Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by RogueHunter

Originally Posted by stxhunter
been up since 3.45

+1

Me too.

Dammit.

Gonna be a nap day...

I try to make every weekend a nap day. Not always successful. Boys got baseball practice this afternoon, so need to get the hard stuff done early to create a 30-45 minute nap window...

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I sleep 9 to 5 most nights. Did last night, too. Perused the innanet with my first cuppa, then newspaper and a light breakfast (bagel with cream cheese and some grapefruit slices today) before coming back to the 'Fire to type this. It's 29 and calm again this morning, with all-day sun forecast. Might hit 46 or so by late afternoon. Thinking I might get some golf in starting in a week or so. No fishing until April, probably. Getting pretty anxious for both.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I made it till 6:45, and thrilled.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
"Early to bed, early to rise, make's a man healthy, wealthy, and wonder what his family looks like."

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Slept in a little this am, 5:45 or so. Supposed to be my Saturday off, but I'm gonna work 35 calves mid morning for old friend that I don't get to see very often.

So we'll work a little while and visit a while and that will be my morning.

Per normal I have a heck of list of stuff I should do, but don't really want to...

Gonna try to get around in time for date night with the Mrs.- "1917" is at our local theatre tonight.

Always drink upstream from the herd...cowdoc...
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Good morning Doctor Dan!

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I zonked out around midnight but had to get up at 4:40 to take my wife to work by 5. Then came home and got on here before I took my step daughter to work at 7. Now back home and playing around on here. I'll try to go back to sleep for a couple more hours.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Time to make coffee and get going. It's supposed to be 45 degrees today. Woohoo.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Good morning Richard!

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

Always drink upstream from the herd...cowdoc...
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
We were up at 5:30. I am sipping coffee now watching Garage Squad then heading to Kerrville for a gun show. Likely Thai for lunch and a stop in Luckenbach for a beer and music to complete the loop. I am going to make a cabbage roll casserole for dinner as the garden is loaded.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ran out the door about six with the dog to do some rough terrain hiking in a park on the far north side. Was well back in the woods by first light, an absolutely freaking beautiful morning.

Over the years development has grown up close to that park and yet the trails back in the woods remain about as uncrowded crowded as they were 30 years ago, this was always a puzzle to me but I was happy to see it.

But then after it was daylight this morning I came across a young woman hiking alone in the park and every hundred feet or so she’s calling out “Mountain lion! Mountain lion! Tirns out there’s a sign down by the parking lot which I had never paid much attention to warning people about mountain lions, coyotes, feral hogs and snakes and saying they should not hike alone grin Hey whatever works, works 🙂

Going to spend my customary afternoon at the Alamo today, then I’m gonna do that same hike with the dog after dark, because tomorrow morning I’m going to switch teams and march into the Alamo in the Mexican army commemorating the start of that siege.

Hoping to score some Mexican chicas this time 😎 That ain’t actually happened yet but hey, ya never know......

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"... I came across a young woman hiking alone in the park and every hundred feet or so she’s calling out “Mountain lion! Mountain lion! ..."

you should have fired a couple of rounds in the ground, and then told her " I GOT HIM,,, I GOT HIM!"

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by kid0917
"... I came across a young woman hiking alone in the park and every hundred feet or so she’s calling out “Mountain lion! Mountain lion! ..."

you should have fired a couple of rounds in the ground, and then told her " I GOT HIM,,, I GOT HIM!"

That would be funny!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Before I actually seen her I thought about making loud mountain lion sounds, not that I would fool anyone who knows 🙄 But she was nervous enough just running into some bearded old guy and his dog (off of the leash! 😬) back there I was glad I didn’t. I could see bringing up the topic of a carry gun was out of the question and besides, I never let on to folks that I’m armed, especially when I’m armed. So I told her if she was that worried she could get a 9oz can of bear spray for fifty bucks at Bass Pro, which ain’t a bad thing for a woman to have handy anyhow.

Gotta be tough to be a young and attractive woman, and I’ll give her props for pushing her envelope. I did tell her that her fears re:wildlife were way overblown, what I didn’t mention was that the short time she spent in me and my dog’s company was prob’ly the safest she would be all day, heck, maybe all year.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I am somewhat surprised at the frequency with which we encounter solo females in remote areas I salute their independence but question their preparedness. When we were in Jackson in November we twice encountered female Mountain runners far from the trailhead. Both carried bearspray but both were wearing earbuds. We saw bear and wolf sign daily and were armed and very attentive.

Back to the topic, we had a late night and I awakened at 0700 to rain falling on the roof, immediately went back to sleep for 2 more hours. mmmmmm

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Made a day at work, going home, fire up bbq pit, start a fire, listen to wifey talk about her work, drink some Jack and water. Hope to sleep a little later tomorrow morning!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I am somewhat surprised at the frequency with which we encounter solo females in remote areas I salute their independence but question their preparedness. When we were in Jackson in November we twice encountered female Mountain runners far from the trailhead. Both carried bearspray but both were wearing earbuds. We saw bear and wolf sign daily and were armed and very attentive.

mike r

I dunno if this obliviousness to possible threats has always been a female trait, but it sure seems to be today. I was in a teacher meeting last week when the topic of the coronavirus and it’s latest occurrences and stats came on the big screen.

Immediately the attention of every guy in the room was focused on the big screen because this thing could hit big.

Meanwhile almost every woman in the room was just chattering on about trivial things without a care in the world.
OTOH when women are finally aware of a threat, they seem to go off the deep end, total paranoia.

JMHO

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dang, ended up spending eleven hours at the Alamo yesterday . Yesterday was the anniversary of Day One of the siege and they have an evening event called “An Evening With Heroes”, a series of vignettes where guided groups go from scene to scene. Got out at ten pm.

As it’s getting dark it starts to get cold so I walk out to my car to make some wardrobe changes, Getting ready for reenacting is about like getting ready for the prom; there’s so many little Nineteenth Century odds and ends ya gotta be wearing or have about your person. It’s just simpler to bring everything all the time, so the trunk of that one car is always full of reenacting stuff 24/7.

Right across the street in back of the Alamo lies the Bonham Exchange, one of the most notorious Gay Clubs in Texas, this was Saturday evening. So I’m out there in the parking lot picking what I’m gonna put on, and I look across the street and a crowd of drag queens are doing the same thing grin

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Present. Coffee is on. Got to shoot my little Colt Govt.380 yesterday.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Wifey headed to Vegas on an early flight this morning for business convention and I have the week off to hang w/ kids as Mr Mom.

Gonna miss her can’t believe the life I’ve been granted here to be able to drop everything and hang w/ these little image-bearers.

At grocery store getting them each their favorite breakfast item before we head to worship the God in whom we live and move and have our being.

Awesome music for a Sunday morning... or any morning really:

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1234, 06hunter59, 160user, 50 invisible), 1,763 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,137
Posts18,523,243
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.