Print Thread
Hop To
Page 35 of 62 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 61 62
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
It is good that we can have a civil discourse on the topic, thank you good folks, and carry on.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Just because something's difficult for you to believe, that doesn't mean it's not so.
laffin’

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bannination
............. I may as well pull a random religion out of a hat
That will work for me. I ended up at sea with a very well read Hindu native to India. He knew the Hebrew bible inside and out and the New Testament. He was more a believer in the message of the bible and Jesus than most Baptist deacons. I'm not sure why we are here and what purpose all this accomplishes but the tiny Jewish nation's survival and their status as a world military and dominant financial power tells me the Hebrew Prophets were on to something. You will probably live to see it.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Antelope Sniper: Not ignoring the video but I'll have to watch tomorrow when I have time to give it proper attention. If I stay up listening to that my wife might feel ignored and think I don't love her. I listen to what others have to offer and I'm positive your no dummy. May or may not accept it but I like studying all sides. Thanks

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wabigoon
It is good that we can have a civil discourse on the topic, thank you good folks, and carry on.

I wonder how long before the next storm.

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by bannination
............. I may as well pull a random religion out of a hat
That will work for me. I ended up at sea with a very well read Hindu native to India. He knew the Hebrew bible inside and out and the New Testament. He was more a believer in the message of the bible and Jesus than most Baptist deacons. I'm not sure why we are here and what purpose all this accomplishes but the tiny Jewish nation's survival and their status as a world military and dominant financial power tells me the Hebrew Prophets were on to something. You will probably live to see it.

Or it might have a little something to do with their IQ:

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Fubarski
...you can't stand to see someone believe in a higher power.
Nailed it, plain and simple. Period.
No, it's still about evidence and justification, always was and always will be.
For you, maybe quite the case - but that "all about" is a personal human need - or possibly some avoidance behavior. In the course of this thread, some non-believers have attributed a variety of beliefs and behaviors to Christians as a category - and much of that as negative. That behavior has been ineffective. Really, after all, these disagreements are not disagreements between and among humans - the disagreements are clear when one compares what God says with that which is said by non-believing humans. Of course, this cleft is nothing new - it is, at least, centuries old. God endures - the human does not.
Before a god can say anything he must exist, for which I see no good evidence.
I see plenty of people, such as yourself, claiming to speak for god(s), so, yea, this is between people.
Your ophthalmologist may already have told you such but, in my case, your eyesight is quite poor. I make zero claim about speaking for God - none - although, at times, I will state what I personally see in His commandments and directions. Clearly, you do not see what I see. We are humans and, thus, incapable of seeing and knowing all that God has been, is, and will be. And, our human capabilities differ - we do not all "see" the same. If, by chance, I were to opine that God is not interested in the futile human process and search for evidence about God, and not interested in what evidence humans do or do not find, what would you express in response?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Fubarski
...you can't stand to see someone believe in a higher power.
Nailed it, plain and simple. Period.
No, it's still about evidence and justification, always was and always will be.
For you, maybe quite the case - but that "all about" is a personal human need - or possibly some avoidance behavior. In the course of this thread, some non-believers have attributed a variety of beliefs and behaviors to Christians as a category - and much of that as negative. That behavior has been ineffective. Really, after all, these disagreements are not disagreements between and among humans - the disagreements are clear when one compares what God says with that which is said by non-believing humans. Of course, this cleft is nothing new - it is, at least, centuries old. God endures - the human does not.
Human need? It is undeniable that we as humans have needs and wants. However, no matter how much you may need or want something, that need or want does not alter the reality of the world is or how it works. Not wanting natural evolution to be true won't change the fact that this is how the world works, life evolves to meet the challenges of the environment. No matter how much we have a need for a God, our need does not make God a reality.
I tend to agree with much of what you just said above. And, no matter how great our need for such evidence, we may never find it on earth as humans.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
God, if He exists, sure has an awful lot of wrath. Especially for a God of Love and Tender Mercy.
To quote some unknown (to me) person - "How does one know smooth if one does not know rough"?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
So, to AS, it's about evidence. To GOD, it's about Faith. Now, AS requires me to live by evidence. Who the hell are you, AS, to demand I live as you? You're an asswhole, plain and simple and would be a dictator if you could have your way.

I dont tell you that you have to live by faith. F you. If you are having a conversation with others who feel as you, I dont try to force you to live as i do, or by my rules. AFAIC you can go to hell.

You're like protesters who interrupt a Trump rally by throwing their temper tantrum.

No, you dont know as much as you think you do. You dont know what I've heard or seen. You're deaf, too. I hear GOD talk to me. It's called a conscience and you dont have one. If you did you wouldnt demand others live by YOUR rules

Sometimes HE gives me a premonition or causes me to slow down a bit just before a car runs a stop sign just ahead of me or causes me to do something that is beneficial to me. Some on this earth are aware of a guardian angel. Some dont have one or are too stupid to realize they do.

GOD tells us we can see the evidence of HIM by looking at the universe. I saw HIS handiwork while quail hunting last week. 3 times I saw blue quail running on the ground a good ways out there. A couple of guys never spotted a covey to hunt and they were younger than me and in the front vehicle. They and you cant see worth a crap.

HE knows you cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear or an ass.

I thank GOD HE was smart enough to design a plan to exclude people like you from Heaven. Well, if HE had let people like you in, Heaven wouldnt be Heavenly.

That's another good reason to be a CHRISTIAN.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/25/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Sorry, AS. I had forgotten this scripture.

God said to Moses, “I will show kindness to anyone to whom I want to show kindness, and I will show mercy to anyone to whom I want to show mercy.”[h] 16 So God will choose the one to whom he decides to show mercy; his choice does not depend on what people want or try to do. 17 The Scripture says to the king of Egypt: “I made you king for this reason: to show my power in you so that my name will be talked about in all the earth.”[i] 18 So God shows mercy where he wants to show mercy, and he makes stubborn the people he wants to make stubborn.

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Touching sermon right there.

You've got a bit of bile at the corner of your mouth that you need to clean up though.

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 02/25/20.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Just because something's difficult for you to believe, that doesn't mean it's not so.
laffin’

Yeah. He cant comprend the concept of vice versa.

He's a genius on GOD and Truth, since GOD and Truth haven't contacted him.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

You've got a bit of bile at the corner of your mouth that you need to clean up though.

Who said GOD wanted to touch you?

You may have plenty of time to remember what I said while sweating in Hell after you're dead.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
God, if He exists, sure has an awful lot of wrath.
Especially for a God of Love and Tender Mercy.

To quote some unknown (to me) person - "How does one know smooth if one does not know rough"?

One need only simply observe loving attentive mothers with their new infants
and what makes the baby smile.. theres no need whatsover to show wrath to
that infant for it to recognize care and kindness and repond accordingly.

thus adults who needs to be shown the rough end of the stick to know the smooth,
are special kind of moron.

. Clearly, you do not see what I see... - we do not all "see" the same,

evidently you are blind to the everyday wordly obvious and rely on subjective vivid imagination
to fill in the blanks...bad enough on itself before adding your cognitive impairment.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Who said GOD wanted to touch you?

You may have plenty of time to remember what I said while sweating in Hell after you're dead.

Probably not, because I'll be dead - end of story, move along, nothing to see here...

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Unaware of scripture "sweating in hell"...may be jX can point to the verse?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Jesus didn't believe in hell either - his christian mate descendants molested the bible to include it, helped to draw the masses in I believe

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
jX is confusing hell/sheol/hades with the Lake of fire.

sheol/hell is the temporary place of the dead (or holding yard) with no mention of flames
and which JC dropped in on during the 3 days he was dead.

As often is the case, christians dont really know scripture.

hence why its so funny when jX claims he is 'an enlightened one guiding folks to God'

Jesus didn't believe in hell either -
his christian mate descendants molested the bible to include it,

Indeed christians adopted a new 'firey' kind of hell -- in all likelyhood taken in part
from both Judaism and Zoroastrianism.....ie] Zor. has a hell like place that is the
residence of Ahriman, the demons, and the druzes, -- where all atmospheric calamities
are associated with it: snow, cold, hail, rain, burning heat, and so forth..

According to Zoroastrian beliefs, when a person dies, his or her spirit leaves the body,
but remains in its vicinity for three days and nights.

more than mere coincidence the christian narrative has Jesus dead for 3 days/nights.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I'm sure you and other minions of Lucifer may not sweat and find it quite comfortable. I'm sorry to have thought you could make the connection to a figure of speech. They are actually quite common in our language and most understand them without going off half cocked. grin

Do you want to sit by a big fire with me to see if you sweat?

And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 35 of 62 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 61 62

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 204guy, 12344mag, 42 invisible), 2,118 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,230
Posts18,504,349
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.