Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Florida folks voted to keep DST a couple years ago.
The congresscritters have not acted on it yet
Florida does have two time zones tho--

Arkansas is the same!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HawkCreek
If people want more time in the afternoon they should get up earlier to get a start on things. Some common sense instead of fooling themselves into getting "more" daylight. I always thought it would make more sense for schools and businesses to change their start times if they absolutely had to. Be a grown ass adult and change your schedule, save the foolery for kids and santa claus, the tooth fairy and the Easter bunny.

They have things called J O B S ...

Grump...

grin

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's pretty interesting how many here who complain about government intrusion look to it to manipulate time. For cryin' out loud, if you want to get up earlier, just set your alarm and deal with the dark. If you need to work later, buy some floodlights. This ain't the dark ages. DST if one of the dumbest ideas ever forced on us.

When told the reason for Daylight Saving time, the old Indian said: “Only a white man would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket and sew it to the bottom of a blanket and have a longer blanket. (Author Unknown)

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Most of us can live with it one way or the other. It's the changeover that's the problem.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Most of us can live with it one way or the other. It's the changeover that's the problem.

Absolutely. But having one state observing it and another not is stupid. Time is time. Can't change the rotation of the Earth, but we can change how we make our own schedule. We should calculate all time from the zero meridian in orderly zones and call it good.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Under the Uniform Time Act, a state can choose to not observe daylight saving time. If it does observe it, it must use the federally enacted dates. It can't stay on daylight as it's required to switch on those dates.

― George Orwell

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Rock Chuck: Like in the opening scene of the incredibly profitable 1969 movie "Easy Rider" where Captain America (Wyatt) played by Peter Fonda when he "retires" from society and takes his gold watch off and throws it away before roaring off on his chopper to Mardi Gras - I about did the same thing when I retired 23 years ago!
I haven't worn a watch in decades now - I don't care what time it is in Idaho or in Timbuktu.
I go to sleep when I want and I get up when I want and Hunt when I want and chase guns when I want.
Half the week (if not more!) I don't even know (nor do I care!) what day of the week it is.
I do agree that Idaho's "split in half time zone" thing does confuse a lot of folks.
The fella next to me at the post Falls, Idaho gunshow last weekend was living in Oregon (maybe it was Montana?) at the time and had traveled to Idaho to attend a funeral and timed his arrival to be 40 minutes early instead he mixed up the time zones and was 20 minutes late.
Yeah it would be simpler if the clocks for you working people stayed the same and or were synchronized.
Good luck.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I'm retired and not tied to a clock but everyone else is and we have to live with them.

― George Orwell

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Rock Chuck: 3 minute trailer to a scene from "Easy Rider".

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1cDECkN2xg

We do probably have to live amongst them but living with them is optional.
I know - I done it.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
OK guys, I've read your stuff, I like HawkCreek's best....Adjust your local individual schedule for your job or school...call it Zulu time or UTC to make the African's happy...and Valsdad order it done, like immediately. Computers will probably be happier too.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My entire career, work time was adjusted either according to the weather or according to the demands of service. Never was I ever on some arbitrary schedule effected or not by DST. Now it's even more irrelevant to me. I still think it's one of the dumbest ideas ever.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 222ND, 257Bob, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 260Remguy, 61 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,908
Posts18,518,596
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.