Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
From one grandad a Marlin 36a and a Spanish Mauser in 7x57, from the other side a Ruger Mark I and an early mini 14 from an uncle the week before he passed.
Damn near everything I own is for sale for the right price but not these 4.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Model '94 Marlin 25-20 made in 1906. Originally my Granddads Uncles gun, then to him and then me.
I've posted a picture of it with a couple rabbits on here in the past. It gets a steady diet of NOE 260283 plain based cast bullets over 4198.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Came from very poor background. No firearms to inherit. I will change that as will mine pass to relatives, but difficult to decide who gets what as not sure they will be appreciated by the possible receivers. Thinking most will only be seen as something to sell to satisfy other wants. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I posted last week about my wife's uncle having a stroke behind the wheel and being in a coma.plug was pulled as per his wishes and we buried him yesterday.
Went back to the house after the funeral and my brother in law hands me a blue towel,inside was a 1873 trapdoor carbine,a stevens crackshot in .22lr,and a "r .johnson",middletown ct. 1842 .54 smooth bore flintlock pistol ,with the broken off hammer taped to the side.none are in real good shape,but something to keep me busy.it always amazes me what's stasted away in people's attics

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from vilda.alaska.edu]
The C.S. Holmes was one of the most photographed sailing ships.

My Uncle by marriage was the son of a ship owner [last of the 4 masted schooners working Alaska to Seattle] in 1939.
His father bought shotguns to defend the ship from the Seattle dock strike. One was a new 1939 Win 97 pump 12 gauge.
Then the father died.
My uncle inherited the ship with shotguns.
The ship was demasted and used as a barge in WWII where it sank.
But the Shotguns were still in Seattle.
The guy married my aunt ~ 1950.
Christmas 1957 my uncle gave my father the shotgun.
1963 my father buys himself a new Remington 1100 and I hunt with the hand me down Win 97.
2012 my father dies and I inherit my Win 97 shotgun officially.

.... and that is the short version of my inherited gun.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have Dad's Model 12 trap gun that he used to take to Vandalia.

I have Grandpa Whitey's Model 12 16 gauge bird gun. Great Grandpa made him a case for it.

I also have the Win 1897 that Whitey had for his first gun. He spent a summer back before WW1 mowing the lawn in exchange for it. It was in horrible shape, but he fixed it up and hunted into adulthood with it. Some time in the 1930's, he got a letter from the son of the farmer asking for it back. Nope.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

M28 brand NIB...I was the first to shoot it. Rests on my Grandpa's side delivery David Bradley rake that I also inherited. Knife is OTC Marine Raider that I just bought myself.

My Maternal Grandfather's M12 Remington on a side delivery rake I inherited from my Dad.

My Dad's 38-44 Heavy Duty along with my Buck knife.

No pics of my Paternal Grandfather's Winchester M1890 that is down in the safe nor my Uncle's Marlin Pump (looks like a M97 Winchester and I've never figured out the exact model...maybe a M42) that he gave me. Grandpa is buried not far from here over on the hill. Uncle is down in East Texas. Other Grandpa is also in Texas in the same cemetery. Dad is in National Cemetery #1 due to his service in WWII.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by huntsman22
great grandpaps sheriff pistol and retirement star....

[Linked Image from i26.photobucket.com]
Here's nearly the same thing I used to own and came across in my photo album. No cool story and didn't inherit it. Just owned it a few years. Mine is in the smaller caliber and doesn't appear to be in as good a shape as your Grandpa's.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
From My Grand Uncle Mikhail

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Wish I had a rich uncle like that........lol.

Does another relative count?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
From my dad, I got his DCM M1 Carbine that he got around 1962-63, and a 1911 Colt 45ACP. My 3 younger brothers also got 2 guns each, including his Winchester Model 12 and Marlin 39A. When my grandfather died, I got his Essex 410 that my daddy and all of us boys had learned to hunt with, and my it was son's first hunting gun as well.

I still have them, while my brothers either sold or traded away most of theirs, in addition to having at least one stolen.

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
My son is going to get quite a few!

G
G

Originally Posted by slumlord
I was unloved

God Loves You!

Last edited by GaryLBumpus; 02/27/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GaryLBumpus

I was unloved

God Loves You!

'Flave..?

Carpe' Scrotum
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
My dad died 3 yrs ago. He left me his almost new .300 Savage.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
My '94 was my Dad's but I had to trade a Blackhawk to my nephew Karl for it. When my folks were killed in a car /train accident, my oldest brother, as Executor, "assumed" all the guns in the house, including my personal JCHiggins .22, which I dearly miss, and which his son Karl sold for running money, along with several others, missing only the '94. When Weldon died I made the trade with Karl, whom I should have just shot..... Lightly rusted, and wood buggered up some during Weldon's possession, I had to refinish both. It is my walk-about piece.

Aaaand, no one of his kids wanted Weldon's Belgian A5 12 Ga..... smile. It was a lightly exterior rusted, but I had bluing tanks on line... the wood was OK. I should take it hunting some day.

I was given a Cabelas' Kit .45 BP rifle, after the giver's nephew shot himself, and she went paranoid anti-gun.. She had put it together and finished it herself. A nice job, too. That's close to "inherit", I guess. I should take it hunting sometime... smile

Hi Standard .22 auto-pistol. Came in for re-blueing, after being lost for several month off a snow machine. Guy never came back, could never contact him. It's MINE! I like it better than my MK II. So it is rust pitted along one side... fugger shoots and the price was right!

Some POS off-brand, single shot .12 Ga. - Spencer, IIRC. Customer never came back for it after I re-blued it for him. If I am not carrying the '94 on walk-about, I'm probably carrying this. Needs new stock and forearm, both fire-charred. I think I've enough scrap around...if I can get to it.

Field grade double - LCSmith 12 Ga.metalworks to be blued and stocked. It had been stripped of original blueing already - still is, only now grease-coated. I told him I needed money down for the woodwork. He never came back. I really have to blue that thing, find some wood, and stock it....after 20 years, I guess it's mine. Likely have the metal parkerized, tho, rather than fool around with rust-blueing. (Can't use tanks on double, even if I still had them set up) I have half a dozen other guns that need worked on first.

This retirement bit is taking up way too much time!

Do scopes count? The Leupold 3.5-10 VXIII on my '98 came in to have the rings taken off. Guy had buggered up the screws and I had to drill them out. He never came back, and I was never able to contact him. I have a feeling "stolen" and "jail" may be involved... also more than 20 years ago.
No luck going thru LEO either, after several months. Can't rank on the Leupie, as some do. The outfit shoots 1" groups at 300 yards, if I can hold it steady enough.

Last edited by las; 02/27/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
wabi

No pics here either. I’ll remember as much as I can.
G fathers Mossberg 22 BA, 22 s, l, & lr

Dad’s
Rem 551, s, l, lr
Rem 870 , 12 G 28”
Win 50, 12 G. 26” & 30”
Win 97
Rem M Six 270
? 22 revolver, 8 shot
Hawken style 50 cal
THOMPSON C 50 cal

Those for sure.
Jerry

* latest development * Divorce --- wife got the gold mine..... I got the shaft !

Last edited by jwall; 02/28/20.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by hanco
My son is going to get quite a few!

I’m his brother.... dad ..... laugh laugh

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Steve
Originally Posted by GaryLBumpus

I was unloved

God Loves You!

'Flave..?

sick sick sick

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have a 1906 Essex 32” bbl in 16 ga. Single shot

1913 .22 single shot

That’s the only firearms I have 🤷🏻‍♂️

Why yes Maynard I’m ready for the revolution 💪🏼

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought a 1992 win trapper in .44 mag to use as a knockabout gun, and trust me in the boat or snowmachine they get knocked around 🤦🏼‍♂️😂.

Damn thing was too cherry to be used as such so I gave it to my oldest boy as he was 12-13 ish

His lil brother 8ish was butthurt big brudda got a rifle & he didn’t 😢

Sooo I hunted around till I found one in .357 & gave it to him. He was over the moon & loved that thing

They’re now 26 & 21 & live together in a house they rent they came over the other day to help move the gun safe.

When we emptied it out the lil .357 trapper was in there

He came to me later asking if it would be ok if he took it home w him 🤷🏻‍♂️

Son it’s your rifle, you’re 21 & weigh a hundred, the days of asking me what you can do with your stuff are over

He just said, since it’s been in your safe I thought it would be the respectful thing to ask first

Honestly since that kid first breathed air he’s been nothing but joy for me.

Might have to get him a gunsafe for his bday

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 67 invisible), 2,524 guests, and 1,343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,447
Posts18,470,977
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.