Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 53 of 62 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 61 62
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by CCCC
Hello again antelope_sniper, did your eyesight fail again - did you miss this reply and inquiry? Or, are you avoiding it?
Instead of weasel worded hypotheticals about what your position might be, why won't you just plainly state it.
It looks as though you don't grasp the potentially exquisite subtleties of the subjunctive case. Too bad. So, as you suggest, here it is in your face. How do you respond to a position such as this:-"God is not interested in the futile human process and search for evidence about God, and not interested in what evidence humans do or do not find."
I missed nothing. I called you out for the game you were playing, what you call the "exquisite subtleties" where you attempt to state a position, but claim it's not really your position, so you can play gotcha games later on. Let me know when you are done with that tactic, and we can continue your discussion.
Hey AS - no "attempt" - it is right there - directly above in bold - and still you are dodging. Muster some courage.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
"How do you respond to a position such as this:-"God is not interested in the futile human process and search for evidence about God, and not interested in what evidence humans do or do not find."

It sounds like religious followers trying to shut down debate and discourage people from asking questions they can't answer. In doing so, they are claiming to know his mind, and speak for the alleged god.

In order for a god to care, it must first exist, so unless the followers can produce sufficient evidence for their alleged god, why should anyone care about their self serving claims?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I don't mean to be argumentative but Hitler was a Catholic, not an atheist. He said so many times. And he just didn't murder all those people by himself. He had a lot of help, mostly from various Christians, if they even knew what Christianity was.

Here's the stuff I don't understand.

If God was an all-powerful god, creator of all the universe, etc., why would he torture his own son to death to remove the sins of he world anyway. Seems very evil and cruel. He just could have snapped his fingers instead. Ok, ok, "God moves in mysterious ways." If that's true, why does anyone call God a loving god?

And if the crucifixion is such a big deal, what about the tens of thousands of other people that the Romans crucified and otherwise murdered? Why was that?

And if the purpose was to "take away the sin of the world," why did the sins apparently go on just as much as before? Consider, for example, the sack of Rome in 1527 AD and torturing civilians to death. The German Landsknecht (Protestants) teamed up with Catholics from Spain to do that.

And why did the authors of the New Testament (Acts, etc.) repeatedly claim that the second coming would be in their own lifetimes? It wasn't, so the Bible cannot be entirely inerrant.

Not accusing anyone of hacking or trying to dis your beliefs, but these inconsistencies bother me about Christian theology. Can anyone explain them?

I can try.
Christians worship a Triune God. That means He is made up of 3 parts: God the Father, God the Son, and the Holy Spirit. There was a huge amount of sin in the world , always has been and always will be until He returns and it will be dealt with then. So God needed a way to cover up the sin by giving people something simple to believe in. In the past with the Jews, God allowed them to cover their sin with sacrifices. Different sins required different sacrifices with the most serious ones requiring a blood offering from doves, lambs and bulls, to name a few. They had to be without spot or blemish. Jesus had no sin, and He would be the sacrifice. Believing in Him earned Grace from the Father and the sin was covered. Some people find that belief hard, others don't. One thing is, is free. So God the Son became flesh. Flesh He would surrender to the cross and show those what He was prepared to do to win our salvation from sin. The evil and cruel was not due to God but to mankind who put Christ on that cross. God loved us so much He was ready to suffer and die as a total innocent, so we might live with Him forever. Sorry I couldn't handle that one with a few words. I've pared it down about as much as I could. There are many things worth knowing to understand how God laid this all out.

As to why the Romans crucified people, it was the worst death they knew of and did that to keep people in line. Humans are evil when left to do whatever they will.

It was to take away the sins of the world, but the way it was done was to blot them out. God knew humans were incapable of never sinning again. But by believing in Jesus and His sacrifice on the cross as the blood covering for your sins and you can go through life essentially sinless as far as God is concerned. You will still sin. We all do and will, but the blood of Christ covers that sin so it can no longer been seen by God.

The Apostles, authors of the New Testament, believed Jesus was coming quickly because Jesus said he was. Thing was, they operated from the standpoint of time in this world and He operated in Eternity in Heaven.

This is logical. Thanks.

Last edited by IndyCA35; 02/27/20.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The Apostles were not the authors of the gospels. The Gospels clearly state that Jesus promised to return in power in order to usher in the kingdom of god on earth and judge mankind within the lifetime of the first generation of Christians.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Where do the gospels clearly state that.

Tarquin
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
If its clearly stated, how come no one can see it but you?

Tarquin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Who got crucified today?

LOL
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tarquin

Maybe you haven't read the bible? Or you don't recognise what it says because it doesn't suit current beliefs?

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Who got crucified today?

Maybe there's a witch hunt in progress for hackers, anyone who argues against the accepted teachings is a hacker, apparently. The hunt for hackers is in full swing, look out hackers.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I think there were a couple of Christians here today that started nailing themselves up

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
IC B3

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Ok, I'll play:

''But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory. And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near; so, you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.“ (Matthew 24: 25-34)

“Then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. And then He will send forth the angels, and will gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven. Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. Even so, you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place…“ (Mark 13:26-30)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT

Maybe there's a witch hunt in progress.

It was King James [of Bible fame] that was responsible
for instigating the tyrannical deranged witch hunts of
England and Scotland.

In Salem, nutter christians even turned against their own pastor George Burrows and hung him for witchcraft.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT

Ok, I'll play:

''But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory. And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near; so, you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.“ (Matthew 24: 25-34)

“Then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. And then He will send forth the angels, and will gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven. Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. Even so, you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place…“ (Mark 13:26-30)

You have a tough time with context. The generation that experiences the tribulation will not pass before Jesus returns.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by DBT

Ok, I'll play:

You have a tough time with context. The generation that experiences the tribulation will not pass before Jesus returns.

Rich,

That's perhaps your most absurd apologetic to date.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Who got crucified today?

The markets.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
I could have called this, Why are you glad you are a Christian. no doubt it would have been all the same.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I could have called this, Why are you glad you are a Christian. no doubt it would have been all the same.

You're right.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
'll just tack on, I am GLAD I am a Christian.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"How do you respond to a position such as this:-"God is not interested in the futile human process and search for evidence about God, and not interested in what evidence humans do or do not find."It sounds like religious followers trying to shut down debate and discourage people from asking questions they can't answer. In doing so, they are claiming to know his mind, and speak for the alleged god. In order for a god to care, it must first exist, so unless the followers can produce sufficient evidence for their alleged god, why should anyone care about their self serving claims?
Well, good that you finally responded in that it can be helpful to understand what that condition "sounds like" to a person of your position - how a person like you thinks. It is telling that you immediately ascribe that very viable concept to a conscious negative agenda on the part of '"religious followers" - acting as if you know what those followers are thinking, claiming and trying to do - where you have absolutely no evidence of that - zero evidence. And, this by the guy/gal who preaches the alleged sacredness of evidence as the basis for "knowing". Is this glaring inconsistency a hallmark of your logic system?. Some would call this a "laffin" moment if it were not so sad. Since you act as if you can read minds (and maybe souls) over the internet, why not state your guess on what "religious followers" are thinking about your behavior there? I would guess that God is not interested in or concerned with such feeble human behaviors.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by DBT

Ok, I'll play:

I'll play too, but a little later today.

Tarquin
Page 53 of 62 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 61 62

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

130 members (257 roberts, alwaysoutdoors, 160user, 35, 10ring1, 7887mm08, 15 invisible), 1,504 guests, and 905 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,209
Posts18,503,891
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.