-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 56 of 62 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 61 62
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do we have a tally of how many members have given their life to Christ since this thread started? Someone other than the Lord all Mighty has to be keeping track, no?

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Thank you Doc. I hope, and pray we can do some good works as we are told to do.
The non believers on this forum can't be any tougher than cannibals in dark Africa. laugh

Wabigoon,

If you know the history of the Belgium Christians in the Congo and the millions they killed, you wouldn't be using that example.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
The non believers on this forum can't be any tougher than cannibals in dark Africa. laugh

Wabigoon,

If you know the history of the Belgium Christians in the Congo and the millions they killed, you wouldn't be using that example.

AS, indulge me a little on this...I find history very interesting 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I don't know a lot Thomas, I do know my Savior lives, and he love us all.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
You make daily affirmations of your faith without regard to what is being said. Always focussing on the poster while studiously avoiding debate on the topic.

You and I are exactly the same. You believe what you read is factual. I have been on both side and know I am right.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Wabi, remember that HE came to bring peace to the hearts of believers only, and not for the earth.

33But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father in heaven. 34Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35For I have come to turn ‘A man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.…

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
You may well be correct Doc, I recall something bout being fishers of men. I say often, I ain;t so smart.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Raspy
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

God exist?....it's a fifty fifty chance....either God is or God is not...I do believe God does exist because when I die and then find out there really is something on the other side of the grave, whew, glory to God, as I tried to do the best I could all my life.

How do you calculate 50/50 chance? And why the God of the bible rather than Brahman the creative principle of Hinduism, for example?

Isn't it 50/50 between those two options without even considering any number of other possibilities?

Imagine a 6 sided die with an X on one side and the rest blank.

The only two possible results are X or blank, but the odd of getting an X are not 50/50, they are 1 in 6.

Bayesian analysis isn't just a combination of 50/50 outcomes.

Sorry...I don't get it....either there is or there is not a God...seems like that is 50/50 to me....

If a god, which god? There are many versions to choose from. Plus, there are multiple possibilities that do not involve a God....countless quantum simulated 'universes' being generated by super advanced civilizations, for example.

God is God....you fill in the blank as to who what you call Him....

It's not that simple.

The vast majority of Theistic systems are mutually exclusive. As an example Muslims and Christians each believe the other is going to Hell, as do Mormons and Catholics.

There's over 4,000 religions, with many subdivision. Christianity has over 30,000 sects. If all the other 4k religions were as fractionated as Christianity, your looking at 120,000,000 million, mostly mutually exclusive variants of potential afterlives.

So, by that math, your chances of choosing correctly are 1 in 120 million, not 1 in 2.

So you better hurry up and convert to Hinduism so you don't end up in Naraka.

As I said before God is God no matter what label you put on Him...it is still ...there is or there is not....50/50

Last edited by Raspy; 02/28/20. Reason: more

Illegitimi non carborundum

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Good night folks, I need my rest, see you in the morning. Keep on thinkin' of sharp replies. May God Bless us all.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
You may well be correct Doc, I recall something bout being fishers of men. I say often, I ain;t so smart.

Spreading the good news to those with no knowledge other than innate, not to save the minions of Satan. God has not revealed Himself to them, as He didnt to Pharaoh.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/28/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

God is God....you fill in the blank as to who what you call Him....

Not really. God is just a word to which people apply their own ideas. The God of Hinduism, Brahman, is nothing like the God of the bible. The two descriptions, the bible and the Gita, are not compatible.

Last edited by DBT; 02/28/20.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Wabigoon,

AS, indulge me a little on this...I find history very interesting 😎

Just 10 million dead:

http://www.documentarytube.com/arti...-people-yet-is-not-not-seen-as-repulsive

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by DBT
You make daily affirmations of your faith without regard to what is being said. Always focussing on the poster while studiously avoiding debate on the topic.

You and I are exactly the same. You believe what you read is factual. I have been on both side and know I am right.

I have no belief about how the universe came to be. I am questioning those who do claim to know. The two are not the same. You are equivocating.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have been on both side and know I am right.

Albert Einstein although Jewish attended a catholic school. He came to conclusion that
Judeo/Christianity is just a load of primitive
superstitious hogwash.

Even christians have described him to be one
of smartest persons ever.... but Ringo obviously
thinks he's got something over Einstein.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
"How do you respond to a position such as this:-"God is not interested in the futile human process and search for evidence about God, and not interested in what evidence humans do or do not find."It sounds like religious followers trying to shut down debate and discourage people from asking questions they can't answer. In doing so, they are claiming to know his mind, and speak for the alleged god. In order for a god to care, it must first exist, so unless the followers can produce sufficient evidence for their alleged god, why should anyone care about their self serving claims?
Well, good that you finally responded in that it can be helpful to understand what that condition "sounds like" to a person of your position - how a person like you thinks. It is telling that you immediately ascribe that very viable concept to a conscious negative agenda on the part of '"religious followers" - acting as if you know what those followers are thinking, claiming and trying to do - where you have absolutely no evidence of that - zero evidence. And, this by the guy/gal who preaches the alleged sacredness of evidence as the basis for "knowing". Is this glaring inconsistency a hallmark of your logic system?. Some would call this a "laffin" moment if it were not so sad. Since you act as if you can read minds (and maybe souls) over the internet, why not state your guess on what "religious followers" are thinking about your behavior there? I would guess that God is not interested in or concerned with such feeble human behaviors.
The whole premise of your argument is that no one is allowed to question your presupposition that your god exists, because he doesn't' want us to. It's a sophisticated version of "shut the phhuck up, theist don't care about your logic'. As such, it demonstrates the desperate nature of your argument.
Indeed. you exhibit a sad case. You are still trying to pretend that you can dictate the thoughts and intent of another person in order to create some straw man against which you might argue. You attempt to tell someone else what they are trying to do and why, yet you do this without a shred of the precious "evidence" that is so key to your positioning. That is lame, and your description of my alleged "premise" is dead wrong. I have and make no argument here and you cannot identify any such argument. My purpose has been to ask cogent questions and to expose your posturing. Furthermore, you now have stooped to posting base vulgarity. Is this frankness frustrating?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman

Albert Einstein although Jewish attended a catholic school. He came to conclusion that
superstitious hogwash.

So when Al said, "God does not play dice with the universe" he was tacitly expressing his belief in a deity or was wrong in his concept of quantum mechanics. Brilliant.

Einstein was good when he stayed in his lane.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Originally Posted by Starman

superstitious hogwash.

So when Al said, "God does not play dice with the universe" he was tacitly expressing his belief in a deity or was wrong in his concept of quantum mechanics. Brilliant.

Einstein was good when he stayed in his lane.

The god of Einstein is not the God of Christianity;

''Albert Einstein's religious views have been widely studied and often misunderstood. Einstein stated that he believed in the pantheistic God of Baruch Spinoza. He did not believe in a personal God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings, a view which he described as naïve.''

'' Einstein did have views about God, but he was a physicist, not a moral philosopher, and, along with a tendency to make gnomic utterances—“God does not play dice with the universe” is his best-known aperçu on the topic—he seems to have held a standard belief for a scientist of his generation. He regarded organized religion as a superstition, but he believed that, by means of scientific inquiry, a person might gain an insight into the exquisite rationality of the world’s structure...”

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The atheists have tried hard to promote “their religion” in this thread and have shown much truth to this scripture:

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. (Ephesians 6:12)

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not really, but if it makes you feel better.....

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I started reading this discussion believing that Yeshua (Jesus) was who he said he was, son of man , prophet, rabbi (teacher), savior. And that Paul was a fraud corrupting Jesus' teachings and directing people through the wide gate down the broad path to destruction. Jesus' purported friends accepting and promoting Paul's teachings do great damage. Paul and Jesus cannot be reconciled. Without Paul the "Christain" church would never have been able to justify its atrocities and power over the secular affairs of government. I'm still where I was in my original beliefs but I don't blame non believers for not accepting the Jesus represented here.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 56 of 62 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 61 62

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 55 invisible), 2,184 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,283
Posts18,505,128
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.