-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 60 of 62 1 2 58 59 60 61 62
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One thing about these threads, you can depend on the unbelievers to faithfully proselytize their “faith”. They’re not timid or cautious about their encroachment either

But, WHY do they try (albeit unsuccessfully) to diminish our faith in Jesus? At least our faith brings hope.

Who is their inspiration? Mine is Jesus Christ.

What arrogance it takes to TRY to dominate a Christian discussion and try to minimize our faith and our God.

It takes a good bit of faith to actually believe there is NO God. What hubris!

It also takes faith to believe the Bible is untrue.

If unbelievers and/or atheists are only bags of particles or sand or stardust after the Big Bang, they have no moral compass foundation.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Tarquin

And that was written by which Court of Appeals?

The issue is the correctness of the analysis, not who wrote it. Once again you can't operate within the parameters of simple logic.

Tarquin
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by DBT

Definitive in the eyes of the Discovery Institute doesn't count. They and their supporters suffer from an acute case of confirmation bias.

And your side is exempt.

Tarquin
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by DBT

Definitive in the eyes of the Discovery Institute doesn't count. They and their supporters suffer from an acute case of confirmation bias.

Then is should be easily refuted, so have at it.

Tarquin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48

But, WHY do they try (albeit unsuccessfully) to diminish our faith in Jesus?

Nobody is attempting to interfere with your
personal faith....but when christians present
what they allege as Proof or evidence, it
deserves and attracts scrutiny by both
Christian and non christian alike.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B2

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

Then is should be easily refuted, so have at it.

I can only repeat what has been done and why ID failed. One reason being their case for irreducible complexity fell when it was shown that simpler versions, such as the flagellum, does have benefits for organism.

So, essentially, there is no clear point of irreducible complexity.

Last edited by DBT; 02/29/20.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One thing about these threads, you can depend on the unbelievers to faithfully proselytize their “faith”. They’re not timid or cautious about their encroachment either

But, WHY do they try (albeit unsuccessfully) to diminish our faith in Jesus? At least our faith brings hope.

What arrogance it takes to TRY to dominate a Christian discussion and try to minimize our faith and our God.

If unbelievers and/or atheists are only bags of particles or sand or stardust after the Big Bang, they have no moral compass foundation.

So you need a lot of faith when you yourself dismiss the existence of the gods of Hinduism or the ancient Greeks?

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Thank you Doc. I hope, and pray we can do some good works as we are told to do.
The non believers on this forum can't be any tougher than cannibals in dark Africa. laugh

Wabigoon,

If you know the history of the Belgium Christians in the Congo and the millions they killed, you wouldn't be using that example.

AS, indulge me a little on this...I find history very interesting 😎

Just 10 million dead:

http://www.documentarytube.com/arti...-people-yet-is-not-not-seen-as-repulsive

There will be many more than that who suffer eternal death. That you say He is cruel does not prove He isnt the Creator, GOD. Those in Hell will say HE is cruel. There will probably be many in Hell say HE is cruel, but they will not say there is no HE.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DBT
One reason being their case for irreducible complexity fell when it was shown that simpler versions, such as the flagellum, does have benefits for organism.

So, essentially, there is no clear point of irreducible complexity.

Yep.

Zero. None. Nil, Nada....

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
The non believers on this forum can't be any tougher than cannibals in dark Africa. laugh

Wabigoon,

If you know the history of the Belgium Christians in the Congo and the millions they killed, you wouldn't be using that example.

Just 10 million dead:

There will be many more than that who suffer eternal death. That you say He is cruel does not prove He isnt the Creator, GOD. Those in Hell will say HE is cruel. There will probably be many in Hell say HE is cruel, but they will not say there is no HE.

So you admit to the worship of a cruel god?

How moral is that?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B3

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Wabigoon,

Just 10 million dead:

The bible tells us two opposing things, one that God is a cruel, intolerant and vindictive tyrant, and the other that God is love, keeping no record of wrongs, forgiving transgressions......

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
5 tired
Originally Posted by DBT

So you need a lot of faith when you yourself dismiss the existence of the gods of Hinduism or the ancient Greeks?

Surely you are making this stuff up. You can’t be serious. Unbelievable! crazy

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

Wabigoon,

Just 10 million dead:

The bible tells us two opposing things, one that God is a cruel, intolerant and vindictive tyrant, and the other that God is love, keeping no record of wrongs, forgiving transgressions.....which is a contradiction.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
5 tired
Originally Posted by DBT

Surely you are making this stuff up. You can’t be serious. Unbelievable! crazy

Maybe you didn't understand what I said? Or the comment I responding to? The part about 'atheists needing a lot of faith not to believe in God'

Now put two and two together.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DBT

Where did the stuff come from that exploded to start the spark of life, DBT? Was the spark of life in less than a living, single cell? How did it replicate or evolution into a single cell. So an explosion had to result in a single cell? Right? It had billions of different proteins and polysaccharides comprising the DNA, cell walls, ribosomes, mitochondria, cytoplasm, etc arranged perfectly?

Where did the spark come from or was there spontaneous combustion? What caused the change in temperature that caused the spontaneous combustion.

May GOD have mercy.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/29/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DBT

Where did the stuff come from that exploded to start the spark of life. Was the spark of life in less than a living, single cell? How did it replicate or evolution into a single cell. So an explosion had to result in a single cell? Right? It had billions of different proteins and polysaccharides comprising the DNA, cell walls, ribosomes, mitochondria, cytoplasm, etc arranged perfectly?

Doc,

The "Big Bang", was neither big, nor was it a bang. In other words, it wasn't an "explosion".

Once again, your ignorance is on full display.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT

It takes much more hubris to dismiss so many
other Gods

where do they get all that hubris?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

For years I maintained, for those who love the Lord there will be more reason to love Him in eternality. For those who don't love the Lord there will be more reason not to love the Lord in eternity.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

Where did the stuff come from that exploded to start the spark of life. Was the spark of life in less than a living, single cell? How did it replicate or evolution into a single cell. So an explosion had to result in a single cell? Right? It had billions of different proteins and polysaccharides comprising the DNA, cell walls, ribosomes, mitochondria, cytoplasm, etc arranged perfectly?

Maybe you should roll up your sleeves, get a pile of textbooks on biology, cosmology, physics, evolution, etc, and get to work. It's a big field on any of these subjects, so chop, chop, times a wasting, get to it.

Oh, just avoid your creationist versions, your Discovery Institute or Answers in Genesis.....they are biased.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DBT

Wabigoon,

Just 10 million dead:

The bible tells us two opposing things, one that God is a cruel, intolerant and vindictive tyrant, and the other that God is love, keeping no record of wrongs, forgiving transgressions......

Kind of like how kids often feel about their parents at times, huh?

Do we ever have any bad days where we are always loving to our kids no matter what they do? Maybe He has bad days.

Sounds as if we are maybe kind of made in His image.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 60 of 62 1 2 58 59 60 61 62

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

476 members (1minute, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 49 invisible), 2,157 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,253
Posts18,504,708
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.