Hop To
Page 61 of 62 1 2 59 60 61 62
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by jaguartx
There will be many more than that who suffer eternal death. That you say He is cruel does not prove He isnt the Creator, GOD. Those in Hell will say HE is cruel. There will probably be many in Hell say HE is cruel, but they will not say there is no HE.

For years I maintained, for those who love the Lord there will be more reason to love Him in eternality. For those who don't love the Lord there will be more reason not to love the Lord in eternity.

There are going to be plenty who love the Lord burning for eternity side-by-side with the rest based on their actions.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
One thing about these threads, you can depend on the unbelievers to faithfully proselytize their “faith”. They’re not timid or cautious about their encroachment either

But, WHY do they try (albeit unsuccessfully) to diminish our faith in Jesus? At least our faith brings hope.

Who is their inspiration? Mine is Jesus Christ.

What arrogance it takes to TRY to dominate a Christian discussion and try to minimize our faith and our God.

It takes a good bit of faith to actually believe there is NO God. What hubris!

It also takes faith to believe the Bible is untrue.

If unbelievers and/or atheists are only bags of particles or sand or stardust after the Big Bang, they have no moral compass foundation.

So you need a lot of faith when you yourself dismiss the existence of the gods of Hinduism or the ancient Greeks?

Where did the stuff come from that exploded to start the spark of life. Was the spark of life in less than a living, single cell? How did it replicate or evolution into a single cell. So an explosion had to result in a single cell? Right? It had billions of different proteins and polysaccharides comprising the DNA, cell walls, ribosomes, mitochondria, cytoplasm, etc arranged perfectly?

Maybe you should roll up your sleeves, get a pile of textbooks on biology, cosmology, physics, evolution, etc, and get to work. It's a big field on any of these subjects, so chop, chop, times a wasting, get to it.

Oh, just avoid your creationist versions, your Discovery Institute or Answers in Genesis.....they are biased.

Ah yes, let's be our own little go d and study up to be as smart as HE. Let me know when you can show me the smartest crew on earth who can make an eyelash.

How many ages came and went for humans could figure out what comprised a popcorn fart?

Maybe we should do as HE said and be like a little child having faith in a parent.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/29/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Sounds as if we are maybe kind of made in His image.

Or the other way around....

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 02/29/20.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Do we ever have any bad days where we are always loving to our kids no matter what they do? Maybe He has bad days.

A perfect God of perfect love has bad days?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Yep, AS, those ancient sheepheerders sure figured out how to trick geniuses like Edgar Mitchell.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by NH K9
There will be many more than that who suffer eternal death. That you say He is cruel does not prove He isnt the Creator, GOD. Those in Hell will say HE is cruel. There will probably be many in Hell say HE is cruel, but they will not say there is no HE.

For years I maintained, for those who love the Lord there will be more reason to love Him in eternality. For those who don't love the Lord there will be more reason not to love the Lord in eternity.

There are going to be plenty who love the Lord burning for eternity side-by-side with the rest based on their actions.

Its faith, not actions.

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Yep, AS, those ancient sheepheerders sure figured out how to trick geniuses like Edgar Mitchell.

They sure fooled you.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

Its faith, not actions.

I may not be anywhere near the best Christian around, but I'm pretty sure that I/you/whoever can have all the faith in the world, but will also be judged on our deeds/works on earth.

That does go to my earlier point, though. Plenty with faith don't walk the talk.............hypocrisy.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W

Its faith, not actions.

Yep. Although we are still called to serve others.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Thank you Doc. I hope, and pray we can do some good works as we are told to do.
The non believers on this forum can't be any tougher than cannibals in dark Africa. laugh

Wabigoon,

If you know the history of the Belgium Christians in the Congo and the millions they killed, you wouldn't be using that example.

AS, indulge me a little on this...I find history very interesting 😎

Just 10 million dead:

http://www.documentarytube.com/arti...-people-yet-is-not-not-seen-as-repulsive

He's cruel in your eyes, because He gave men free will. So shake your fist in His face and hate Him.

Ha. You are your own go d. You can judge HIM, but woe be unto HE who would judge you, right? You own your own self. Yeah, you are a go d. Keep telling yourself that. Oh. btw, let me know when you build an eyelash, or create a cell with life that can replicate.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Chrome 2? Very weak stuff: Apes and humans are similar---each has two arms, two legs, a head and a torso. They are also very different in important respects. Humans only have 46 chromosomes while apes have 48.
It is a scientific fact that chromosomes can fuse together to form one big chromosome, so to explain away the difference in our chromosome counts, Darwinists take a leap of faith. They believe two chromosomes fused together in an unknown primate ancestor to form human chromosome 2. Then they claim this faith-based belief as their great proof for Darwinism. But multiple studies have revealed that sheep which have multiple chromosome fusions are indistinguishable from sheep which do not have the fused chromosomes. What this means is that such fusions do not create new and beneficial genetic information that causes one kind of critter, like an ape, to evolve into another kind, like a human. Science shows that human chromosome 2 contains complex genetic information that is not found in apes, including many protein coding genes. Likewise, scientists have never shown how such complex genetic information could come about by natural processes. It is the genetic data that is the big difference between ape and man – not the number of chromosomes holding the data. After all, tobacco plants, like apes, also have 48 chromosomes yet no one is claiming that they are close relatives! In other words, even if human chromosome 2 was the result of a fusion event it would be best explained as the fusion of two human chromosomes, not from a fusion that occurred, once upon a time, in some non-observed primate ancestor. So what does human chromosome 2 have to do with Darwinism? Absolutely nothing! The bottom line is that people must be careful to distinguish real science from biased Darwinian conjecture because claiming that Human Chromosome 2 is proof of goo-to-the-zoo-to-you evolutionism is nothing more than propaganda.

Great post, and thanks for it and the time it took.

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
The non believers on this forum can't be any tougher than cannibals in dark Africa. laugh

Wabigoon,

If you know the history of the Belgium Christians in the Congo and the millions they killed, you wouldn't be using that example.

Just 10 million dead:

He's cruel in your eyes, because He gave men free will. So shake your fist in His face and hate Him.

Ha. You are your own go d. You can judge HIM, but woe be unto HE who would judge you, right? You own your own self. Yeah, you are a go d. Keep telling yourself that. Oh. btw, let me know when you build an eyelash, or create a cell with life that can replicate.

When have I ever claims to be a god, or have any supernatural powers?

How does not believing in a god make me one?

So since you don't believe in leprechauns, that makes you a leprechaun??

Really Doc???

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 02/29/20.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Its faith, not actions.
Faith without works is DEAD.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
You folks have scarily come up for air, let alone noticed that I gave up on this thread I ain't even a voice crying in the wilderness for now. Let me know who wins.

Meanwhile, may God Bless us all.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

Wabigoon,

Just 10 million dead:

The bible tells us two opposing things, one that God is a cruel, intolerant and vindictive tyrant, and the other that God is love, keeping no record of wrongs, forgiving transgressions......

Kind of like how kids often feel about their parents at times, huh?

Do we ever have any bad days where we are always loving to our kids no matter what they do? Maybe He has bad days.

Sounds as if we are maybe kind of made in His image.

So God is no better than the worst of us?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

You may want to study up a bit.... Great White Throne Judgment and Bema Seat......

In conjunction with this..... When Jesus speaks of the separation of the sheep and goats.... He says “.... depart from me, I never knew you....“

He does not send them away because they were “bad sinners.”

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I may not be anywhere near the best Christian around, but I'm pretty sure that I/you/whoever can have all the faith in the world, but will also be judged on our deeds/works on earth.

That does go to my earlier point, though. Plenty with faith don't walk the talk.............hypocrisy.

A little support:

"And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which I of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds

Revelation 20:12

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
I started reading this discussion believing that Yeshua (Jesus) was who he said he was, son of man , prophet, rabbi (teacher), savior. And that Paul was a fraud corrupting Jesus' teachings and directing people through the wide gate down the broad path to destruction. Jesus' purported friends accepting and promoting Paul's teachings do great damage. Paul and Jesus cannot be reconciled. Without Paul the "Christain" church would never have been able to justify its atrocities and power over the secular affairs of government. I'm still where I was in my original beliefs but I don't blame non believers for not accepting the Jesus represented here.

Hastings,

Consider this. Of the Canonical writings, best we can tell, those of Paul were written first. The Gospels can later, the simplest version with the most geographical and cultural mistakes, and simplest Jesus, Mark came first, followed by the later, more embellished versions.

By this measure, the "authentic" writing of "Paul" are more foundations to Christianity then the Gospels.

We also have later forgeries attributed to "Paul" which attempted to "correct: some of "Paul's" earlier writing, such as he egalitarian views of women.

And yes, there's much between the two versions of Christianity that cannot be reconciled. Paul was way more Gnostic than most Modern Christians realize.

At least the gospels are versions of Jesus' life and teachings although admittedly with lots of gaps and omissions. But a central message of salvation through repentance and good works exemplified by your relationship with others managed to come through. He pointed out very harshly the Hebrew leaders complete failure of following God's law and they killed him for it. I know a lot was edited or added to scripture for all kinds of evil reasons although the editors failed to obliterate Jesus message. Paul on the other hand came up with a screwball formula that Jesus never endorsed. No matter whose version came out first I don't think either writers read the other side's version with the exception of most likely the book of James being almost clearly in opposition to Paul.

j

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48

But, WHY do they try (albeit unsuccessfully) to diminish our faith in Jesus?

Nobody is attempting to interfere with your
personal faith....but when christians present
what they allege as Proof or evidence, it
deserves and attracts scrutiny by both
Christian and non christian alike.

That proves you are a liar. We dont submit scientific "evidence" of proof, though we do submit evidence of truths to ourselves.

We present the disciples stories as evidence for us to believe, not scientific proofs, as we know they are ment not to be and for our benefit, but lie again, you heathen hypocrite.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

. We dont submit scientific "evidence" of proof, though we do submit evidence of truths to ourselves.

I didnt specify it as scientific evidence.

Ringo did earlier mention Greenleaf providing
evidence in form of hypothetical legal argument.

That proves you are a liar.

LOL...you wish.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Page 61 of 62 1 2 59 60 61 62

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (007FJ, 1lessdog, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 55 invisible), 2,156 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,240
Posts18,504,551
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.