Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I'm 66 & told my doc that maybe I should quit coffee. He said you won't hear me saying that, we'll fix you another way.

I haven't committed to stop drinking beer, but he hasn't asked me too, & think he could find a way around that too. A man set in his ways & an understanding Dr. can come to an agreement.

Mine? he shows me pics of the grouse he's shot.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar
Rog,
For the love of God, quit f-ing around and go to cardiologist! I told my father to go find out was causing his chest pains and he gave me a line of BS about it being indigestion and heartburn. That was on a Thursday and the next Tuesday evening he had a massive heart attack and died. He had plans to lessen his stress also...but he died before he was able to act on those plans. Go to the Dr. my friend!
went about three weeks ago, heart is fine just get afib once in awhile.

My son........13 in a month........has SVT. His last episode was at school. He was taching 215 BPM. Cardio doc sez if he were older, he'd not survive it. They have meds for it......or an ablation. It seems to be a rather routine fix.

Have it addressed, brother.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
buddy of mine had the same issues 4 or 5 years ago.. in his early 60s...

a pacemaker was needed to solve the problem...

he just had to go and get the batteries updated not long ago....

NONE of us want to lose you Roger.....

but we can afford to lose PaDDler instead....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gunzo
My wife has a fib & has been hospitalized for it once to regulate it. I remembered to ask her tonight what she took for it. She said eloquis & fleconade & she also has a cpap for her apnea.

She asked me why I was asking. I told her there was a guy on the Campfire that had some high heart rates from aphib. He seems like a really good guy , but might be bullheaded like ------, (a friend) & wont go to the Dr.

She said; "he needs to get some pills or shut the [bleep] up about it, I take mine, it's a pain but it ain't that hard to do. What's his deal?"

Her words Rog. but she does OK with the meds. They're better than some.
ok i plan on going to the dr for my psa it shot up.

Not sure what PSA is but glad you're going in. Tell them everything.

I'm on high BP pills but my heart rate is ALWAYS around 110 or so. I mention that to the doc's and they all kind of shrug it off like it's no big deal.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
OH!

And don't discredit that sleep apnea thing!

It could change your life to get a c-pap.

Of course, the insurance company might wonder why you went to a tarp company to get a mask made that will cover your mustache but F 'em!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You Dad going with you Roger?

yes he will always be with me, i'd die for that old man.
really he's all i have left. first thing i do every morning is make sure he's awake i dread the day he's not. lol sometimes he will try to sleep late and i wake him up because I'm concerned.

It must be interesting to still have your dad. Mine's been gone since '86.

We didn't get along worth a damn. In fact, he's the major reason I left home at age 19.

But I never got to know him as a "peer". There was so much tension between us by the time I packed up and left that we didn't even talk.

I'd like to be able to talk with him now,...as the old man I am now. He died when he was about my age.

He led an interesting life.

I'd like to sit and talk with him,....old man to old man,...and listen to what he had to say about it all.
i put a shotgun to my dads head when i was 16 and told him he would never lay a hand on me again or i'd kill him. things improved after that, he knew i wasn't a f-cking kid anymore.

Hayzeus christie Roger.

All I had to do with mine was make two fists and tell him he had his last free shots the last time he whacked me..............Never again.

Eventually it turned out I was the one he'd talk too..............maybe because we had an "understanding".

Good luck with the Afib and PSA dude,

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had a little a fib for years. Too stupid to know what it was. Finally rate went up and would not come down. Wound up in the hospital. Meds would bring it down but as soon as they were stopped it would speed right back up. Doc had to stop my heart and restart it.
The real danger is clots in the heart chambers. If the clots make it to the lungs or brain, you are in real trouble. I now take Eliquis to prevent the clots. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I had some issue with BP meds last year.My heart rate was running higher than normal for me.My normal is between 60-70 resting or light activity.The med my Dr switched me to had me at around a 100 for the same.I'd lay down in bed and I could feel my heart pounding and my head throbbing..Hard to get any rest when your heart feels like it's working.That is close to what my normal rate would be mowing my yard.Mowing the yard it would go up in the 120's and my BP would drop to the point I felt like I was going to pass out.The Dr tried to tell me that was normal.I ended up firing that Dr,switched to another Dr and he put me back on the meds I was on for 8yr prior to the Dr I fired put me on.Now everything is back to normal.You know your body better than the Dr's do.If they can't help you get right,they either need to send you to a Dr that can or you fire them a try to find a better Dr.It's your life they are screwing with.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 22kHornet, 160user, 1234, 19rabbit52, 55 invisible), 2,385 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,860
Posts18,517,817
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.