Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by BobMt

Hatari........he was treated like a ford fiesta buyer and not a lexus owner.......while i respect what you post, usually well thought out.......that statement reeks of a little arrogance.......which is the way jorge came off in his post....i think that is the rub here.......bob

A close friend of mine who is a repeat customer at a dealership for high end automobiles gets a level of ass kissing that I don't at the dealer of the more modest brand which I can afford. It's a simple fact of the marketplace that buyers of some luxury goods and services don't have to buy them, and so they are treated differently to keep their business.

HR IC

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
It was the attitude not interpretation of the MOA policy.

Besides, their accuracy guarantee just says premium ammo or Weatherby ammo. That takes the bullet weight out of it. It should shoot ANY premium ammo to their guarantee the way they word it. Don’t know if that’s their intent. Any hunter would say a 120 grain in a 7 mag is too light too.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Next time buy a Tikka, just sayinggrin

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by BobMt

Hatari........he was treated like a ford fiesta buyer and not a lexus owner.......while i respect what you post, usually well thought out.......that statement reeks of a little arrogance.......which is the way jorge came off in his post....i think that is the rub here.......bob

A close friend of mine who is a repeat customer at a dealership for high end automobiles gets a level of ass kissing that I don't at the dealer of the more modest brand which I can afford. It's a simple fact of the marketplace that buyers of some luxury goods and services don't have to buy them, and so they are treated differently to keep their business.

I realize this

I have more of a problem with a person who expects to get his assed kissed than the one doing the kissing for his job...…..bob

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
No, you missed....The policy is they pay for verification, the rep is supposed to try to get them to pay, or else they should eliminate the policy....When does the rep back off and under what level of customer dissatisfaction....The rep is always on the edge of right or wrong, which is unfair to them and obviously is open to causing additional bad press for the company....

Everything is not always as it seems....

My guess is Chip is secure in his job....Andy tells him to follow policy, and if the customer gets out of sorts, we will take care of it up here and the customer will think top management is a great group....carry on....

What are the odds the policy is there, if you are to believe what you often read here, because the average customer can't shoot all that well and not because the rifle is not up to it?

Last edited by battue; 03/05/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The Customer is always right without exception especially in the age we live in . Jorge expressed dissatisfaction with the customer service rep and damn right he should have been treated well whether he purchased 100 Mark V's or just 1.

I have personally dealt with Weatherby customer service in Wyoming 3 times the last 4 months. I was very very far from satisfied , I'll cite 2 examples. I wanted a trigger tech put on one of my Mark V's, the website FAQ says it is 225 dollars and the rifle is to be mailed to them. I called them on the phone for something else and then asked the rep what the price was on the trigger tech he quoted 300.

I broke a stock on a Mark V ultralite after glass bedding the front lug, it is a pretty good sized lug and I should not have yanked on the stock where I did. I believe that rifle was made in 2000 and it was all my fault, I called Weatherby and asked them what their price was on a replacement , they quoted a price and told me it was a 3-4 month wait on a replacement. I asked the guy how in the world do you not have spare parts for this rifle? I then called B&C explained what happened and a few days later my wife calls me at work and says there is a package on the front porch for me. It was a replacement stock No Charge along with a signed letter from the President of B&C thanking me for my honesty. I'll never forget that gesture.

As far as that Peabrain Midget from AK is concerned , he should remember the thread he started last year where he blasted Peterson cartridge company.

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by battue

Hatari:

True when Jorge is working under his military employment. However, that gives him no authority, right or privilege to be short, blunt or arrogant in his dealing with civilians.

Another descent into how to go off topic... My letter had none of those qualities. That said, what you describe above is exactly how I deal with government employees where I work. That or behavior modification through stress. Or perhaps I should have just rolled over and let that employee talk down and intimidate me into "you'll get nothing and like it". No thanks Dean Wormer, I got what I want..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by PJGunner
Does anyone besides me wish Big Stick would STFU? He contributes absolutely nothing to a discussion.
Paul B.

I do. His posts are distracting and childish.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
All the particulars aside....You still came on here and essentially whined. When you could have solved it between you and Weatherby. Which is a question you didn't want to answer....

Never have had a problem with you in the past. But it gets old, having old guys embarrass the rest of us old guys.....

I, too, am an old guy. It sure seems to me you came on this thread to bellyache about something that didn't happen. You need to take a nap or something old guys do.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm_gator
Yeesh. The thread was clearly complimenting how Weatherby corrected a bad first encounter with customer service. The title of the thread iterates that... "good company." So much passive aggressive whining about a bargaining tactic that anyone would use after getting nowhere with the initial lines of customer service...

How did so many miss this obviousness?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Hatari:

True when Jorge is working under his military employment. However, that gives him no authority, right or privilege to be short, blunt or arrogant in his dealing with civilians.

Another descent into how to go off topic... My letter had none of those qualities. That said, what you describe above is exactly how I deal with government employees where I work. That or behavior modification through stress. Or perhaps I should have just rolled over and let that employee talk down and intimidate me into "you'll get nothing and like it". No thanks Dean Wormer, I got what I want..

Looks like the defense didn't rest its case....

You obviously got what you wanted from Weatherby. However any with the most limited amount of communication skills could have achieved the same with little effort.

As far as what you thought you were going to get here, well it didn't work, and that is what you really wanted....Perhaps the stress will result in behavior modification?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Hatari:

Looks like the defense didn't rest its case....

You obviously got what you wanted from Weatherby. However any with the most limited amount of communication skills could have achieved the same with little effort.

As far as what you thought you were going to get here, well it didn't work, and that is what you really wanted....Perhaps the stress will result in behavior modification?

^^^^^^This^^^^^

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Ringman
All the particulars aside....You still came on here and essentially whined. When you could have solved it between you and Weatherby. Which is a question you didn't want to answer....

Never have had a problem with you in the past. But it gets old, having old guys embarrass the rest of us old guys.....

I, too, am an old guy. It sure seems to me you came on this thread to bellyache about something that didn't happen. You need to take a nap or something old guys do.

What it seems to you is obviously wrong to more than a few....I need to take a nap, ohhhh that is soooo original....Come on pull something good out of that old bag of corn you carry around....

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Ringman

What it seems to you is obviously wrong to more than a few....I need to take a nap, ohhhh that is soooo original....Come on pull something good out of that old bag of corn you carry around....

What's next, you are going to hike up your pants and tell me: "I'll drop you like a two foot putt." Try that one next time you are feeling frisky at the Dunkin Donuts with the crew....

Last edited by battue; 03/05/20.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
WEATHERBY.

Adam Weatherby personally called me last night. The narrative below pretty much explains the reason and his personal guarantee to me he's going to make it right. It pays to write a good letter and good companies respond in kind:

SYNOPSIS: I never thought the day would come, but here we are. I recently purchased one of the new "Wyoming Guns" in 7 Mag. This was my third in that caliber, all shot well under MOA. This one however, was a DOG.

So I wrote them a note (below) and followed up with a phone call to their customer service. First they told me there would be a charge of 198 bucks for a "range fee" in order to test the gun. To which I responded, so I'm paying for something you guarantee in writing"? not happening.

Never heard from them so I called them about six weeks ago and they said the gun had been "safety checked" and was awaiting range time. Last week I called back and some irreverant and condescending employee, after first chastising (or trying to) for my "impatience" he proceeded to tell me the gun passed their range test of .89 and .99 using 120gr Barnes TSX ammo. So the gun apparently ONLY shoots with that ammo (see my notes below). Personally, a 120gr is total horseshit in a 7 mag (in my opinion), but had I known this, I would have never even considered it. Suffice it to say, I planned to out them with every publication I know as well as several gun scribes whom I have a personal relationship with, as well as Dallas Safari Club etc. but I figured before I did any of this, I'd Adam Weatherby a note

My letter below:

Mr. Adam Weatherby,
1550 Yellowtail Drive
Sheridan, Wyoming 82801

Dear Mr. Weatherby:

Pursuant to my conversations with customer service, I sent my 7mm Weatherby magnum to you for inspection and evaluation as a result of poor grouping with factory ammo (targets enclosed with rifle). I have been a Weatherby owner since the early 80s. I purchased my first rifle from your old store on Firestone Boulevard in South Gate from your grandfather himself and since then have owned dozens, with my current inventory of six Weatherbys, all MKVs and with them I have taken over three dozen species of game world-wide from Africa to all over the United States. In December 2019, I purchased a pair of your Weathermarks, one in 340 (Paso Robles rifle) and the other a 7mm (Wyoming rifle). The 340 shoots like all other Weatherbys I've owned, well under MOA with most sub half MOA.

However, the 7mm simply does not shoot with any ammunition I tried, both factory Weatherby ammo and my time tested hand loads using the old Weatherby Guide (1985 and older) “Factory Equivalent loads" with Norma MRP. Those loads always grouped exactly like the factory ammo on every Weatherby caliber, including two previous 7mm Weatherbys. I tried 140 gr Barnes TTSXs, 160 gr Nosler Partitions, 154 and 175 grain Hornady Interlocks (both factory ammo and my own hand loads) and the best group was right at 2.5", clearly unsatisfactory and way outside your written .99" guarantee.

While I realize nothing is flawless and I expected your company would make this right, I have to admit I was taken aback when your Customer Service representative (Chip?) informed, me in a condescending way, the rifle was tested and met the accuracy standard using factory 120gr TSX ammunition, which to be honest, is a less than optimum bullet weight for that cartridge and had I known that, I would have never purchased that rifle. Granted, it’s my opinion based on experience, but that caliber is much better suited for 140-160gr bullet weights. Moreover, when he told me I would be charged a 198 dollar "range fee" to correct the problem, in addition to the shipping costs, frankly, I was flabbergasted.
In years past, you used to provide a factory target with each rifle and while I can appreciate and understand your "Range Certified" selling point to justify a higher price that now includes a target, I do not see how you can charge me, the customer to fix a rifle that should have never left your warehouse, not even close to your factory guarantee with REASONABLE bullets weights using your factory ammo. I have to be perfectly up front with you that if I have to pay for this range fee I will do so, but I will have purchased my last Weatherby.

Frankly, I hope that what I heard was in error. You are Weatherby! There is a reason I have purchased and enjoyed Weatherby Rifles over the past 40 years. I am the customer you want, i.e. the loyal repeat customer that sings the praises of America's finest rifles. Weatherby was started by a your grandfather, with a passion for perfection,, not a Wall Street Investment Capital Group. Performance matters. People like me will and do spend more to get more and that means more quality and top customer service, not more run around. You are Weatherby and I had every confidence that your folks would have worked with me on this, but now I was informed the rifle Is on its way back to me and once I received it, I will trade it in or sell it, with the caveat to the prospective buyer, this rifle only shoots with a bullet weight suitable for deer or smaller game. I ever thought the day would come, but here we are. If you would like further information or would like to discuss, I am available anytime

Sincerely,
Jorge

I will keep you guys posted on the outcome, but I know full well it will be fixed.

To be read in a Thurston Howell III voice:

“Men, I had a real problem the other day with a WEATHERBY of all things!

It just wouldn’t shoot worth a darn! Ok, well technically it did shoot sub MOA, but that was only with 120 grain triple shocks and, as we all know, any bullet under 180 grains is unmanly!

Worse, I was rebuffed by an employee who was rude enough to point out that the rifle did, in fact, meet their guarantee! The arrogance!

What was I to do?! Well, let me tell you, I penned a strong letter to Mr. Adam Weatherby! Of course I had to explain to him I’ve been everywhere and done everything, and did it when his dad was just a gleam in his grandad’s eye.

And Adam called me! At home! And held my hand over the phone. Wowwee! Coronavirus or no, I’ll never wash that hand again.

Honestly, I’m relieved. I WAS going to out the company to the world! And let me tell you men, I can be a raging BULL when a company pisses me off by making a product that meets their guarantee. I was prepared to tell on Weatherby to Mr. MuleDeer and other gun “scribes.” And, next time I went to DSC (in my safari hat with the leopard tail hat band), I was going to tell EVERYONE that Weatherby sucks! And then I was going to tell the whole world via the internet! I’m telling you, I had my nasty Yelp review mostly written!

But you can rest easy now men, because I took care of it.

Did I mention Adam Weatherby called me?"

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That just may cause the defense to ask for another recess....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TexasPhotog
WEATHERBY.

Adam Weatherby personally called me last night. The narrative below pretty much explains the reason and his personal guarantee to me he's going to make it right. It pays to write a good letter and good companies respond in kind:

SYNOPSIS: I never thought the day would come, but here we are. I recently purchased one of the new "Wyoming Guns" in 7 Mag. This was my third in that caliber, all shot well under MOA. This one however, was a DOG.

So I wrote them a note (below) and followed up with a phone call to their customer service. First they told me there would be a charge of 198 bucks for a "range fee" in order to test the gun. To which I responded, so I'm paying for something you guarantee in writing"? not happening.

Never heard from them so I called them about six weeks ago and they said the gun had been "safety checked" and was awaiting range time. Last week I called back and some irreverant and condescending employee, after first chastising (or trying to) for my "impatience" he proceeded to tell me the gun passed their range test of .89 and .99 using 120gr Barnes TSX ammo. So the gun apparently ONLY shoots with that ammo (see my notes below). Personally, a 120gr is total horseshit in a 7 mag (in my opinion), but had I known this, I would have never even considered it. Suffice it to say, I planned to out them with every publication I know as well as several gun scribes whom I have a personal relationship with, as well as Dallas Safari Club etc. but I figured before I did any of this, I'd Adam Weatherby a note

My letter below:

Mr. Adam Weatherby,
1550 Yellowtail Drive
Sheridan, Wyoming 82801

Dear Mr. Weatherby:

Pursuant to my conversations with customer service, I sent my 7mm Weatherby magnum to you for inspection and evaluation as a result of poor grouping with factory ammo (targets enclosed with rifle). I have been a Weatherby owner since the early 80s. I purchased my first rifle from your old store on Firestone Boulevard in South Gate from your grandfather himself and since then have owned dozens, with my current inventory of six Weatherbys, all MKVs and with them I have taken over three dozen species of game world-wide from Africa to all over the United States. In December 2019, I purchased a pair of your Weathermarks, one in 340 (Paso Robles rifle) and the other a 7mm (Wyoming rifle). The 340 shoots like all other Weatherbys I've owned, well under MOA with most sub half MOA.

However, the 7mm simply does not shoot with any ammunition I tried, both factory Weatherby ammo and my time tested hand loads using the old Weatherby Guide (1985 and older) “Factory Equivalent loads" with Norma MRP. Those loads always grouped exactly like the factory ammo on every Weatherby caliber, including two previous 7mm Weatherbys. I tried 140 gr Barnes TTSXs, 160 gr Nosler Partitions, 154 and 175 grain Hornady Interlocks (both factory ammo and my own hand loads) and the best group was right at 2.5", clearly unsatisfactory and way outside your written .99" guarantee.

While I realize nothing is flawless and I expected your company would make this right, I have to admit I was taken aback when your Customer Service representative (Chip?) informed, me in a condescending way, the rifle was tested and met the accuracy standard using factory 120gr TSX ammunition, which to be honest, is a less than optimum bullet weight for that cartridge and had I known that, I would have never purchased that rifle. Granted, it’s my opinion based on experience, but that caliber is much better suited for 140-160gr bullet weights. Moreover, when he told me I would be charged a 198 dollar "range fee" to correct the problem, in addition to the shipping costs, frankly, I was flabbergasted.
In years past, you used to provide a factory target with each rifle and while I can appreciate and understand your "Range Certified" selling point to justify a higher price that now includes a target, I do not see how you can charge me, the customer to fix a rifle that should have never left your warehouse, not even close to your factory guarantee with REASONABLE bullets weights using your factory ammo. I have to be perfectly up front with you that if I have to pay for this range fee I will do so, but I will have purchased my last Weatherby.

Frankly, I hope that what I heard was in error. You are Weatherby! There is a reason I have purchased and enjoyed Weatherby Rifles over the past 40 years. I am the customer you want, i.e. the loyal repeat customer that sings the praises of America's finest rifles. Weatherby was started by a your grandfather, with a passion for perfection,, not a Wall Street Investment Capital Group. Performance matters. People like me will and do spend more to get more and that means more quality and top customer service, not more run around. You are Weatherby and I had every confidence that your folks would have worked with me on this, but now I was informed the rifle Is on its way back to me and once I received it, I will trade it in or sell it, with the caveat to the prospective buyer, this rifle only shoots with a bullet weight suitable for deer or smaller game. I ever thought the day would come, but here we are. If you would like further information or would like to discuss, I am available anytime

Sincerely,
Jorge

I will keep you guys posted on the outcome, but I know full well it will be fixed.

It just wouldn’t shoot worth a darn! Ok, well technically it did shoot sub MOA, but that was only with 120 grain triple shocks and, as we all know, any bullet under 180 grains is unmanly!

Worse, I was rebuffed by an employee who was rude enough to point out that the rifle did, in fact, meet their guarantee! The arrogance!

What was I to do?! Well, let me tell you, I penned a strong letter to Mr. Adam Weatherby! Of course I had to explain to him I’ve been everywhere and done everything, and did it when his dad was just a gleam in his grandad’s eye.

And Adam called me! At home! And held my hand over the phone. Wowwee! Coronavirus or no, I’ll never wash that hand again.

Honestly, I’m relieved. I WAS going to out the company to the world! And let me tell you men, I can be a raging BULL when a company pisses me off by making a product that meets their guarantee. I was prepared to tell on Weatherby to Mr. MuleDeer and other gun “scribes.” And, next time I went to DSC (in my safari hat with the leopard tail hat band), I was going to tell EVERYONE that Weatherby sucks! And then I was going to tell the whole world via the internet! I’m telling you, I had my nasty Yelp review mostly written!

No dog in this but I read that more in a Ted Knight voice. Judge Smails.

Me

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by teal
WEATHERBY.

My letter below:

Mr. Adam Weatherby,
1550 Yellowtail Drive
Sheridan, Wyoming 82801

Dear Mr. Weatherby:

Sincerely,
Jorge

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

I knew there was a reason I read this disaster to the very end. Both hilarious, but I have to think Thurston Howell is too well bred to ever speak in capital letters.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
WEATHERBY.

My letter below:

Mr. Adam Weatherby,
1550 Yellowtail Drive
Sheridan, Wyoming 82801

Dear Mr. Weatherby:

Sincerely,
Jorge

Mr. Teal,

You may have a future as a casting director.

Rufus seems to agree with your call, but I thought Thurston bloviated with the best of them.

Let's take a poll here: who votes for Judge Smails and who votes for Thurston Howell III?

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (160user, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 12344mag, 007FJ, 68 invisible), 2,297 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,674
Posts18,493,813
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.