Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Do you mean like the Battalions of Kurd women who regularly route the ISIS fighters they face?

Most enemy who are killed (I forget the statistic, but think the number is in the range of 99%-99.5%) are killed kinetically. Very few are killed in hand to had combat. So why are you asking her if she’s willing to kill someone with her bare hands? Is that relevant to any service?

And, we don’t kill all the men anymore and rape the women, so what does your comment have to do at all with modern warfare?

Originally Posted by Tyrone
I also asked her if she remembered that time a bunch of women formed an army, raided a city and killed all the women.....

Last edited by David_Walter; 03/05/20.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Do you mean like the Battalions of Kurd women who regularly route the ISIS fighters they face?
Last ditch is not any indication of fitness. How do you know they "regularly route the ISIS fighters they face"? Sounds like BS PC legend to me. I'm sure they do win a few with help from some men. Do you think these women would fight at all if their very homes weren't under attack? If the cost of losing wasn't rape & torture?

Most enemy who are killed (I forget the statistic, but think the number is in the range of 99%-99.5%) are killed kinetically. Very few are killed in hand to had combat. So why are you asking her if she’s willing to kill someone with her bare hands? Is that relevant to any service?
It's about mindset. I don't think most women would be able to ice a 12 yo girl running ammo to a mortar crew. I don't think most of us would want to live in a society where the women were comfortable killing 12 yo girls.

And, we don’t kill all the men anymore and rape the women, so what does your comment have to do at all with modern warfare?
Who's "we"? You are only speaking for yourself.

Originally Posted by Tyrone
I also asked her if she remembered that time a bunch of women formed an army, raided a city and killed all the women.....

Politics is War by Other Means
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The Military uses prejudice regularly and consistently to deny 
citizens from joining for being too old or too young, too fat or too 
skinny, too tall or too short. Citizens are denied for having flat feet,
or for missing or additional fingers." he went 
on to explain: "By the way, poor eyesight will disqualify you, as 
well as bad teeth. Malnourished? Drug addiction? Bad back? 
Criminal history? Low IQ? Anxiety? Phobias? Hearing damage? 

Hear voices in your head? Self-identification as a Unicorn? Need a 
special access ramp for your wheelchair?" 

"Can't run the required course in the required time? Can't do the 
required number of push-ups? Not really a morning person? and refuse 
to get out of bed before noon? All can be legitimate reasons for denial" 

"The Military has one job: Winning War. Anything else is a 
distraction and a liability. Did someone just scream, "That isn't 
Fair!" War is VERY unfair, there are no exceptions made for being 
special or challenged or socially wonderful." 

LOL!!!!

Go to college and get an art degree or something...

Your PDQ,d buttercup......
Permanently Disfugging Qualified.

LOL!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Embrace the concept of women in the military and start thinking about how to help them to be successful, ‘cause we’re not going back to an all male military EVER.

For the love of Pete, is that statement ridiculous.

The bottom line is that we are rich and powerful enough that we can afford women in the military(1). Same way we can afford to transpo bottled water to the middle of A-stan instead of relying on local water sources. Same way we can afford worthless & seemingly unending PC briefings to new recruits instead of combat training. Same way we can afford to start up billion dollar programs to replace aging gear and then abandon the program & flush the $billions. We have so much money we can get away with pi$$ing it away by the billions.

We can afford such wasteful extravagances TODAY. When we get less rich and our power wanes, damnfool notions that are costly and ineffective get tossed or kill the organization & country.

(1) In roles for which they are ill-suited/sub-optimal, etc.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Separate standards? Oh, my!

It’s not like they are a different gender with different physical strengths and weaknesses. Why wouldn’t they have different standards?

They are still expected to perform at the top of their capabilities, but same “standard,” whatever that means, no thanks.

Let’s treat everyone the same, except, of course, as noted by Mr. Gowdy.

What’s next, throw out the ASVAB because it’s used to set different standards?

Women make up the majority of the population, and a population that increasingly has not enough males who want to volunteer for the hardships of military duty.

Embrace the concept of women in the military and start thinking about how to help them to be successful, ‘cause we’re not going back to an all male military EVER.

^^^^^^^
This
At least some women want to serve their country.They are needed to take the place of the American men who are puzzies. I could really care less about what their motives are.I will never badmouth any American citizen in uniform.I see
quite a few women at my local VA with missing appendages.They were willing to sacrifice for us.They are much better people then some of the posters here who are so insecure in their manhood they need to cut down those who serve.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

If we ever go to war against Israel, I'm going to claim to be Moslem and take those girls prisoner! laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Originally Posted by jfruser
Gowdy talks and slings out boob bait for bubba. But he does not act. His role is to make Republican base voters & conservatives think the Republican Party cares about them & their issues, while doing as little as possible.

Very good post. I like Gowdy when he talks, and occasionally forget that he and his fellow republicans do nothing to enforce the laws.
They talk the talk, but look the other way when the tv cameras aren’t on. Most of the republicans in office right now, would love to get Trump out, and back to business as usual. Many of them are Deepstate or crooked themselves. Don’t be fooled by an (R) after their name. Do your homework if you’re planning on voting.
7mm

It is the Justice Department that enforces the laws and puts people in prison, not Congress. Your forgetting that we depended on the Obama administration to put people in prison and Obama protected his criminals from prosecution.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess since children have been used as warriors, we ought to use 10 year olds too. Heck, a 14 yo won a Medal of Honor! *That* makes it right! /sarc

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Originally Posted by jfruser
Gowdy talks and slings out boob bait for bubba. But he does not act. His role is to make Republican base voters & conservatives think the Republican Party cares about them & their issues, while doing as little as possible.

Very good post. I like Gowdy when he talks, and occasionally forget that he and his fellow republicans do nothing to enforce the laws.
They talk the talk, but look the other way when the tv cameras aren’t on. Most of the republicans in office right now, would love to get Trump out, and back to business as usual. Many of them are Deepstate or crooked themselves. Don’t be fooled by an (R) after their name. Do your homework if you’re planning on voting.
7mm

It is the Justice Department that enforces the laws and puts people in prison, not Congress. Your forgetting that we depended on the Obama administration to put people in prison and Obama protected his criminals from prosecution.

YOU'RE forgetting that Gowdy also served two years in the House with Trump as POTUS. That would be the TRUMP administration. Gowdy is a worthless gum-flapper whose mission is to keep the GOP base voters (AKA, "normal Americans") fooled into thinking the GOP gives a rip about them or their issues.

I am sure Gowdy took all those notes of his he made during Obama's administration and got them right on over to Trump's justice dept...or not.

Maybe Gowdy was too busy providing cover for the Mueller RUSSIARUSSIARUSSIA investigation/coverup:
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/02/gowdy-trump-spygate-theory-617948
Gowdy insisted that the FBI did not, in fact, plant a spy in the Trump camp for political purposes. Rather, he said, the FBI appropriately deployed an informant to glean intelligence from members on the outer edge of Trump’s campaign. The FBI had received troubling evidence that those individuals had suspect ties to Russia, and the bureau had been obligated to pursue those legitimate leads, Gowdy said. The briefing, for only a select group of nine senior lawmakers of both parties, only bolstered his position, he said. “I am even more convinced that the FBI did exactly what my fellow citizens would want them to do when they got the information they got — and that it has nothing to do with Donald Trump,” Gowdy said in the interview.

Boob bait for Bubba works, apparently.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

True statement, same for homos, but at least give some credibility to a lot of us who've served, with and without and formed our opinions based on facts. They HAVE been helped to be successful and the method was lower standards. Ever is a long time. Hopefully, we won't get into another IWO Jima, Bataan, Corregidor, Bulge, Khe Sanh or Fallujah moment....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

I served in Iraq in 2003 to 2004. My unit was a GunTruck company guarding convoys all over Iraq.

we had 23 women in our outfit. We would send out Gun Trucks to guard as many as 5 convoys per day. Some one day some up to 5 days

we had 18 M2, 7 Mk19, and 19 M249 in the unit. I turned in one report to Bn where we expended 12,000 rounds in a week. The 20 ladies that went on those

convoys knew they were going to get shot at before they left the camp. None ever refused to go. Every single one did there job.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
Originally Posted by Redneck
That is OUTstanding!!!

Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
What's Gowdy say about the real elephant in the room, separate standards for women.

Nothing? That's what I thought.

WTH are you talking about?? A LOT of females in the miltary... A LOT - and they do a damn good job...

When did YOU serve, if I may ask?

Don't seem to hinder the IDF or the Red Army, do they?

Sure it did. The Soviets told us not to do it and so did the Israelis. Both tried it and realize it did not work. War is no place for women. They only way they are there IS because of lower standards /

I seem to recall Russia’s women snipers being praised to near Sainthood during and after WW II.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I also seem to recall some damned deadly women who wore black pajamas.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The purpose of the military according to Rush Limbaugh,,,is to tear up stuff and kill people.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
That is OUTstanding!!!

What's Gowdy say about the real elephant in the room, separate standards for women.

WTH are you talking about?? A LOT of females in the miltary... A LOT - and they do a damn good job...

Sure it did. The Soviets told us not to do it and so did the Israelis. Both tried it and realize it did not work. War is no place for women. They only way they are there IS because of lower standards /

I seem to recall Russia’s women snipers being praised to near Sainthood during and after WW II.

One was particularly effective. IT was WWI and they were fighting for survival. After WWII, the practice was discontinued . Even when the Soviets were our sworn enemies, they told us not to do it. Same as the Israelis.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
That is OUTstanding!!!

One was particularly effective. IT was WWI and they were fighting for survival. After WWII, the practice was discontinued . Even when the Soviets were our sworn enemies, they told us not to do it. Same as the Israelis.

Some WW II Germans might disagree with you.
As I recall in any war you’re fighting for survival.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

True statement, same for homos, but at least give some credibility to a lot of us who've served, with and without and formed our opinions based on facts. They HAVE been helped to be successful and the method was lower standards. Ever is a long time. Hopefully, we won't get into another IWO Jima, Bataan, Corregidor, Bulge, Khe Sanh or Fallujah moment....

Women have been in the U.S. Military since the Civil War. Over 26 years of service in the Marines and Navy I have served with some female Marines and Sailors who did a good job in the medical, administrative, and other "in the rear with the gear" MOS/Rates. Their service in those non-combat arms billets frees up male warriors to do the heavy lifting in combat arms. Women have no business being on Naval vessels. They totally disrupt the berthing and shower/head use for all male members.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Women have been in the U.S. Military since the Civil War. Over 26 years of service in the Marines and Navy I have served with some female Marines and Sailors who did a good job in the medical, administrative, and other "in the rear with the gear" MOS/Rates. Their service in those non-combat arms billets frees up male warriors to do the heavy lifting in combat arms. Women have no business being on Naval vessels. They totally disrupt the berthing and shower/head use for all male members.

You've obviously been there and not just read books about female snipers at Stalingrad...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You've obviously been there and not just read books about female snipers at Stalingrad...
They wouldn't puff those stories up to sell a book!
smirk

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (257_X_50, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 16penny, 60 invisible), 2,591 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,522
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.