Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Then why do you respond? Shouting caps and all....I know, you just want to help me to understand....Rest assured, I get it all....

I could go to the senior center class, but there is no need as of now. But, I also understand your need under stress to try and hit back....Little more than a stressful strike into thin air....Once again, I get it....

laissez les bons temps rouler
HR IC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Recent times have shown clearly, to me at least, that here in the homeland that manufacturers and service businesses have generally embraced mediocrity as a performance standard. The only thing that will change that is their customers. Jorge did it right IMO. Sometimes I do it his way, sometimes I don’t give them a second chance.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You don't seem to mind seniors....as long as they can serve your grandiosity...DSC???? grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And to add, I find absolutely nothing wrong with the Safari Club....I'm sure they do good work and have fun....But for sure, there are more than a few seniors in that club....center????

Last edited by battue; 03/06/20.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Good on jorgel for taking his problem to the top. And I'm glad his concerns were addressed to his satisfaction. That's what I do when not satisfied with a product or service. Give the work force one chance to solve the problem. If they fail, go to the top. Works for me and jorgel too.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Perhaps he should have taken the loss and traded it in for something else. I am sure there are many here who have done that.

He gave Weatherby the chance to correct things when he talked to customer service and got nowhere. He praised the way Adam Weatherby called him and made things right.

Some of you have no idea how companies and corporations exist today. In the old days I have walked into Winchester Repeating Arms in New Haven with an out of production shotgun and waited in the lobby as a supervisor tested my shotgun (Super X Mod1) and then replaced the worn part free of charge. I walked into Mossberg with my slug gun and a target showing dismal accuracy and walked out (after they tried it themselves) with a new barrel. All in the same day. That was the way they used to handle issues with “Customers”. Marlin was the same way.

That was the past. Today I can’t send anything to Mossberg in North Haven, and Winchester is a brand. I think some here need to grow up.

IC B2

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by battue
You don't seem to mind seniors....as long as they can serve your grandiosity...DSC???? grin

And to add, I find absolutely nothing wrong with the Safari Club....I'm sure they do good work and have fun....But for sure, there are more than a few seniors in that club....center????

Nice edit, but no cigar. I too am a senior I suppose, but perhaps a better caption would be "a bunch of guys whose stress levels need a lot more than constant stalking from an internet ankle biter?"...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
The Customer is always right without exception especially in the age we live in.

It amazes me how many people think this is correct !

Extensive customer service, face to face sales, management & business ownership experience says different.

The customer, is not always right, but they always come first !

YMMV

Whether they are right or wrong they are right. They could have spent their money elsewhere they decided to spend it with you.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Again, only partly true...and this is how it can be done today....

You can take certain firearms to a manufactures tent at some events and they will have a smith on duty. Depending on the issue there may or not be a charge...

For shotguns: Beretta, Benelli, Remington, Winchester, Perazzi, Krieghoff, Zoil, etc are sometimes all available at the same time.

I suspect at the big pistol and rifle events, the companies are also there to service their customers....

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Nice edit, but no cigar. I too am a senior I suppose, but perhaps a better caption would be "a bunch of guys whose stress levels need a lot more than constant stalking from an internet ankle biter?"...

Let me help you out and post your esteemed pic up again....But then why do you keep responding....

Anyway, I didn't bite any ankles....However, you showed your azzzz..... laugh

Now, you are so easy, that I'm out. You can now throw in the last dig....Break a leg....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Weatherby went outside their POLICY to fix it for Jorge. Good for them but that doesn't change the fact that they "typicaly" don't fix issues the way this particular one was.

The perceived "arrogance/hubris" isn't in the fact he complained or went over Chip's head. It's in "I know gun writers . Will badmouth you to them. I will go to DSC and do it there too."

1. Assumes writers have so little integrity they wouldn't come to their own conclusion but let themselves be influenced by 1 man with 1 experience.

2. Assumes everyone at the DSC hold him in such regard, they would also trash Wby based off one man's singular experience.

That reeks of self importance. And honestly, were such a person so important - they wouldn't write Adam a letter, they simply pick up the phone and dial direct. I'm guessing if your last name was Boddington - that might be a possibility.

And before someone claims I don't understand how CS works - I'm customer facing for one of the largest private companies in the world. Just because you fix something for a customer, does NOT make them "right". Actually, you end up fixing the issue they didn't even know they had which takes care of what they thought they had for a problem.

Me

IC B3

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by teal

It's in "I know gun writers . Will badmouth you to them. I will go to DSC and do it there too."

!. I never said that in my letter, but rather expressed it as an option in my OP and further explained as it had precisely worked for me with Browning as in a "letters to the editor" to include DSC. My issues were dissatisfaction with the CS rep and the range fee. As to who I know (or don't) that could have been an option and so stated as in " I know so and so and I'm going to tell them", but that would have come across as pompous smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
got it, Fits perfectly, but now I'm being chastised by a used car salesman , The horror.

So, are you're saying that a used car salesman's opinion on this subject is less valid because he is a used car salesman and not of a higher caste?

and there it is........people who think they are better than others....are just a$$wipes..........bob

You two need to put your Mahatma Ghandhi playbook aside. Caste, really? It was a joke

car salesmen

Oh and the rifle's on it's way back, courtesy of the outstanding company Weatherby is, pre-paid, next day air. And just to illustrate what a prompt and good response can lead to, while on the phone with them this morning, I placed an order for their new Back Country 6.5 Weatherby RPM.
..........................Jorge.............Glad to read that you are getting your rifle back. Rather than go through this entire thread to see, did Weatherby tell you what the problem was? And did they range test it using factory ammo with the heavier bullets?

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
They asked for the rifle back and emailed me a UPS label. Went back yesterday. The groups with the 120s were within specs, but vertically strung out. Once they tell me and I'll post the results. My hope is it will shoot with 140-160s or thereabouts.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Just my SWAG,it sounds like a bedding problem.

I'll be interested in what they find out.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Seafire

and I guess a real "campfire man" would have taken the responses "Chip" gave the OP, and just been satisfied with it?
while taking the time tho to criticize the OP for not doing so....calling him a snow flake etc..
y.

I wouldn't call him a snowflake personally, but here's why I think Jorge got a ration of sh** for his OP. Take it as you will.

The salient points are that he bought a Weatherby rifle that didn't shoot, he tried to get it corrected through their CS and got no satisfaction, sent a letter to the CEO, and then got a phone call from the CEO and a promise to fix the problem.

That's a great story and if he'd stopped there I don't believe anyone would have taken issue with that.

But when he added in how many Weatherby's he's bought, how many gun writers he knows, and how many contacts he has at DSC that he could use to wreck their reputation, and even the implication that he could damage their reputation, that was grandiosity plain and simple. Especially since he got the call from the CEO and none of that stuff was ever necessary.

And we didn't need to see the letter either. Just the facts: I went to the top, got a personal call, and a promise to fix the problem.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Can someone point out Jorge to me in this picture?

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smokepole

and I guess a real "campfire man" would have taken the responses "Chip" gave the OP, and just been satisfied with it?
while taking the time tho to criticize the OP for not doing so....calling him a snow flake etc..
y.

I wouldn't call him a snowflake personally, but here's why I think Jorge got a ration of sh** for his OP. Take it as you will.

The salient points are that he bought a Weatherby rifle that didn't shoot, he tried to get it corrected through their CS and got no satisfaction, sent a letter to the CEO, and then got a phone call from the CEO and a promise to fix the problem.

That's a great story and if he'd stopped there I don't believe anyone would have taken issue with that.

But when he added in how many Weatherby's he's bought, how many gun writers he knows, and how many contacts he has at DSC that he could use to wreck their reputation, and even the implication that he could damage their reputation, that was grandiosity plain and simple. Especially since he got the call from the CEO and none of that stuff was ever necessary.

And we didn't need to see the letter either. Just the facts: I went to the top, got a personal call, and a promise to fix the problem.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, after all this is a forum to do just that. You are not alone either, but then again neither am I. As to the "who I know issue", point taken, perhaps a "letters to editors" (including DSC's "Campfire" magazine would have ruffled less feathers among the righteous....

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
They asked for the rifle back and emailed me a UPS label. Went back yesterday. The groups with the 120s were within specs, but vertically strung out. Once they tell me and I'll post the results. My hope is it will shoot with 140-160s or thereabouts.
..........................Yep....I can understand your concern. Why own a 7mm mag, whether it be a Remington, Nosler, or Weatherby, if you have accuracy issues with the heavier bullets? Defeats the purpose of owning a 7mm magnum. And why Weatherby would use only 120 grainers for an accuracy test is somewhat baffling.............Hopefully things turn out well.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

The old man smell is running strong in that room.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole

y.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, after all this is a forum to do just that. You are not alone either, but then again neither am I. As to the "who I know issue", point taken, perhaps a "letters to editors" (including DSC's "Campfire" magazine would have ruffled less feathers among the righteous....

In light of your OP I think it's ironic that you now refer to others derisively as "the righteous," but you are also entitled to your own opinion.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

419 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 40 invisible), 1,909 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,635
Posts18,493,138
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.