Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
My local Ford dealer will no longer service or make any repairs of any kind to trucks that have altered the OEM exhaust or used aftermarket chips.

Just saw today where the EPA prosecuted the “Diesel Brothers” from the Discovery Channel and a federal judge in Utah hit them with $848,000 in penalties for violating the Clean Air Act for selling “delete” kits.

https://www.standard.net/news/envir...58c8bc1-5c7f-50cf-8a50-d42042387caa.html

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Jeff, a buddy in California told me that he deleted and chipped his Cummins diesel, got in a wreck that was his fault and his insurance company wouldn’t cover him in the accident as he was driving an “Illegal Vehicle “.

This is gonna be very, very painful as he’s very well off and recently sold his place for mega bucks on his way for a move to Idaho.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Heaven forbid someone actually OWN their personal property...

People don't even know what freedom is anymore.

One chip at a time.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Throw their tea chests in the harbor!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

One chip at a time.

Yup.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

One chip at a time.

I hear you, Rbb but we ain’t free to break any laws that we want and do so without repercussions.

Makes a fellow kinda wish for the old Wild West days, don’t it ?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
So what else is new? The Clean Air Act of 1968 included provisions for a $5,000.00 fine and 5 years in jail for EACH VEHICLE an automotive professional modified to violate exhaust emissions standards. It just wasn't enforced vigorously. A muffler shop in Nashville in the early 1980's had 5 vehicles ready for delivery with "catalytic converter test pipes" installed when the federal tree huggers raided them. It cost the owner $20K in fines and put him out of business!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
It would be different if the fugging systems you paid through the nose for ..........actually fugging worked reliably!

Limp mode seems to be the new normal.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Freedom in the country is a pipe dream anymore....they just tell you that you have freedom, while they force you to conform to all their dictates, and will heavily harm some one who doesn't...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dealers vary around here, some won't touch deleted trucks, some look the other way. Other than warranty, there isn't much risk. I have some doubts about the car accident claim.

My 77 vette had all the emissions stuff fall off at some point, I feel like a outlaw now laugh

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Should be a way to provide, uh, "counter-incentives" to those who bring forth and litigate such suits.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
It would be different if the fugging systems you paid through the nose for ..........actually fugging worked reliably!

THIS!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Most of the "illegal" changes to diesel vehicles in the USA increase the performance, improve the emission numbers and increase the MPG.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

THIS!

All of the refinery modifications done to produce clean burning diesel and then throw all of the bull scchitt on top of the engines to make them virtually non functional from their intended purpose.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My partner and I have almost identical Dodges with the 6.7 Cummins. We both bought them used with low miles. I didn't know it when I bought it but mine had been DPF deleted. When we're in the mountains hunting, he periodically has to take it out and run it at 60 for 20 miles or so to do a burnoff or it won't run at all. It acts like the air intake is clogged. Mine bypasses that. I have a chip that resets the computer each time I start it.
Mine does smoke a lot more than his.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

THIS!

All of the refinery modifications done to produce clean burning diesel and then throw all of the bull scchitt on top of the engines to make them virtually non functional from their intended purpose.

I'd love to know how much better our motors would run, how much better mileage they would get, and how much less expensive they would be without alla that govt mandated BS!

Bet we'd be shocked.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
If a dealer won't work on a modified vehicle, warranty or not, that's there right. And, if one "was" under warranty & has been modified, it sure as hell ain't afterward. They've been enforcing that for a while. Of course some Dodge dealers will look for any damn thing as a reason to try to void warranties.

But, if an insurance company takes your damn money & has no fine print clause about modified vehicles & then use that as an excuse, that's pure BS.

Some cry & want to blame American workers pay as a reason for companies moving out of the US. And while that might a percentage of the reasons, it's a small one.

The EPA regs. here vs. some other countries is strangling in both manufacturing & the manufactured product. Farm tractors with a fluid tank of crap to spray in the exhaust, give me a fuggin break.

We can't get the 40 mpg little Jap diesel engines that are sold all over the world cause they won't meet our standards, yet 30 other countries use them right on. Nor can we get hardbodied, functional, real 4x4's that those 40 mpg diesels come in cause they won't meet out safety standards.

OK...... off topic to a point & getting political to which I'm getting sick of. Spew over.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Looks like the market for pre emissions chit may go up

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

THIS!

I'd love to know how much better our motors would run, how much better mileage they would get, and how much less expensive they would be without alla that govt mandated BS!

Bet we'd be shocked.

It’s AL GORE’s fault....he invented the internet too.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I heard from a very good source that Texas is considering totally doing away with the vehicle inspection system in Texas.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

232 members (160user, 12344mag, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 1eyedmule, 16 invisible), 1,723 guests, and 1,003 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,388
Posts18,469,810
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.