Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I think think the EPA should go to Russia or any place and educate them.

GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I think think the EPA should go to Russia or any place and educate them.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
In the process of looking at new pickups. I am going to go gas because I tow a little and having talked to all the guys I run with that are using diesels the MPG should be relatively close. And the price difference with the quotes I have right now on my desk the difference between gas and diesel runs anywhere from $14,000 to $18,000 difference depending on the manufacturer. I have quotes from Ford, Chevrolet, and GMC.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
So, if you're an illegal from South of the border you can have paper license plates on your raggedy, smoking vehicle that has not conformed to any certifications for years. You can have a stolen inspection sticker, stolen tags, no insurance & be completely exonerated when you run your dumpy vehicle into a 2020 F250 Super Duty totaling it out & leaving the victim's insurance company to pay the bill.

Sound about right?

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by reivertom

Everything the government regulates strongly gets more expensive, there is less of it, and it has less quality. If this keeps up, we will have to ask permission to use our vehicles, turn up the heat in our houses, or burn a wood stove..
If gov't comes for my wood stove, people are gonna die....

Originally Posted by jfruser
Originally Posted by TheKid
The old timey gasoline big block is on its way back in the pickup market and for good reason.

Yep.
Agreed.... A good option for those who only tow a couple times or so per year.. I have to double-check the cost difference between the new 7.3 gas and the 6.7L PSD on a new truck... Might save one a few thou, but IF one tows a bunch with it, they'll lose that over time via lower gas mileage... When I had my last big-block gas truck, I was lucky to get 5 mpg when towing something in the range of 10K#...

(added) - just checked, 7.3 is $1700 over the standard engine, but the 6.7 is $12K OVER the standard engine.. Big savings on the 7.3...

Your last gas big block truck wasn't like today's big block gas trucks. What year was that?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by reivertom

Everything the government regulates strongly gets more expensive, there is less of it, and it has less quality. If this keeps up, we will have to ask permission to use our vehicles, turn up the heat in our houses, or burn a wood stove..
If gov't comes for my wood stove, people are gonna die....

Originally Posted by jfruser
Originally Posted by TheKid
The old timey gasoline big block is on its way back in the pickup market and for good reason.

Yep.
Agreed.... A good option for those who only tow a couple times or so per year.. I have to double-check the cost difference between the new 7.3 gas and the 6.7L PSD on a new truck... Might save one a few thou, but IF one tows a bunch with it, they'll lose that over time via lower gas mileage... When I had my last big-block gas truck, I was lucky to get 5 mpg when towing something in the range of 10K#...

(added) - just checked, 7.3 is $1700 over the standard engine, but the 6.7 is $12K OVER the standard engine.. Big savings on the 7.3...

We had the all the emissions bullchit removed from a Ford 6.7 and it made a huge difference in performance. The engine runs cooler, gets better mileage and has way more power.

Had to go into Ford yesterday to pay a bill and the diesel mechanic said they will continue to work on any pickup, even those modified. It comes down to the dealer and luckily there are a bunch of deleted diesels around here so I don't see it becoming an issue, knock on wood...

As for on/off road diesel we have never ran dyed in any pickup even though our feed pickups spend as much, if not more, time off road. But whatever.

That said next year I plan on buying a F350 with the 7.3 gas and singles. Beyond tired of fighting mud and dual rears. Keep a diesel for pulling down the highway, use the gas more for off road(mud, snow, rough travel, etc..) The turbo diesel is badass for pulling...

A couple guys that have ran diesels for years have recently switched to 2020 gas F350 bale beds and I'm curious to see how they like 'em(new 10 speed transmission as well). They can be the guinea pigs!

Last edited by SamOlson; 03/11/20.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Another interesting thing that only really occurs in the farm country, the old diesels ran a cool temp exhaust system so you could run in the stubble wheat fields. The new diesels run an exhaust system that is just as hot as a gas system or hotter when in regen mode. Had to quit driving in the stubble fields with the new pickups.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1badf350, 22250rem, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,637 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,951
Posts18,519,264
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.