Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Do the Aggies still have a graduate course in how to stump-break a heifer? Asking for a Texan friend!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They are not doing this to stop the virus, they cannot. But what they are doing is buying time for hospitals to prepare for it. Despite what a bunch of you believe, they are saving lives right under your noses.

Some of the moronic decisions, like cooping hundreds of people up on cruise ships and circulating and recirculating virus-laden air through them will end up killing people. Reducing the infection tiger also means fewer people will show symptoms, yet be protected by their own immune systems.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
They estimate 100,000 cases currently in Ohio. They arent testing

You can lead a horse...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MM879
17/300,000,000= 0.0000000567 Deaths in USA, yea it's time to panic

I thought we had 350,000,000.... if we counted all of the illegal aliens , I think 400,000,000

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
They are not doing this to stop the virus, they cannot. But what they are doing is buying time for hospitals to prepare for it.

People been gettin treated for the flu in hospitals ever flu season since hospitals was invented.

Suddenly, they ain't ready for it?

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by rost495
Time. The only way we will know which of our theories is right or wrong.

We know right now.

COVID is fake news.

So, it's been weaponized against President Trump, and the American people, and pushed to the center of the media universe, because the media thinks the people are believin this shat, due to internet hits on keywords.

A coordinated liberal slander campaign, designed to bring down the economy and hopefully the President's re-election chances.

All kinds a crap's bein closed, but not because of demand of the public.

Liberals been handed the playbook on this thing, and are followin it as long as they can.

If this COVID crap was really a threat, there'd already be hundreds of videos of a "suffering, dying" COVID patient.

But there aren't.

Because only the already sick, and elderly, are dyin from this cold virus, just like they do from the regular flu virus.

And the sick and elderly bein the only ones dyin, don't fit with the fake news.

Be aware of what *isn't* there, and you have the answer.

And any lethality percentages are bullshit, because just like the regular flu, nobody's ever going to know how many people actually caught the virus, because just like the regular flu, 80% of people that get it don't waste their time and money going to the doctor. So any statement claimin "X amount of people got it and Y amount of people died", is crap, because they can never know how many people actually got it.

Clock's tickin on the COVID fake news, cause as soon as it gets warm, nobody's gonna GAS bout COVID.

^^^This guy gets it!***

It seems as if the whole world has gone insane.

Last edited by gregintenn; 03/12/20.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Today was my wife last day of class at the local community college. Next week is Spring Break. She said they are taking two weeks off now.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by EdM
My son, currently camping in west Texas, just sent an email where Texas A&M has extended spring break for a week then all courses go on-line. He is in his last semester of mechanical engineering so that makes things tough (group senior design...) tough. That said, I believe he will camp another day or two.

My opinion,..considering the circumstances,..they'll just walk last semester Seniors on through.

In ME? Nope....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
They are not doing this to stop the virus, they cannot. But what they are doing is buying time for hospitals to prepare for it.

People been gettin treated for the flu in hospitals ever flu season since hospitals was invented.

Suddenly, they ain't ready for it?

Not even close to ready. They will either treat this differently or a lot more people will die or at least suffer a lot more. They will set up special isolation wards and that requires effort, money, personnel.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by rost495
Time. The only way we will know which of our theories is right or wrong.

We know right now.

COVID is fake news.

So, it's been weaponized against President Trump, and the American people, and pushed to the center of the media universe, because the media thinks the people are believin this shat, due to internet hits on keywords.

A coordinated liberal slander campaign, designed to bring down the economy and hopefully the President's re-election chances.

All kinds a crap's bein closed, but not because of demand of the public.

Liberals been handed the playbook on this thing, and are followin it as long as they can.

If this COVID crap was really a threat, there'd already be hundreds of videos of a "suffering, dying" COVID patient.

But there aren't.

Because only the already sick, and elderly, are dyin from this cold virus, just like they do from the regular flu virus.

And the sick and elderly bein the only ones dyin, don't fit with the fake news.

Be aware of what *isn't* there, and you have the answer.

And any lethality percentages are bullshit, because just like the regular flu, nobody's ever going to know how many people actually caught the virus, because just like the regular flu, 80% of people that get it don't waste their time and money going to the doctor. So any statement claimin "X amount of people got it and Y amount of people died", is crap, because they can never know how many people actually got it.

Clock's tickin on the COVID fake news, cause as soon as it gets warm, nobody's gonna GAS bout COVID.

^^^This guy gets it!***

It seems as if the whole world has gone insane.

Not even close to "getting it!"

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KC
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack
They have 5 confirmed cases of covid 19.
Any reasonable person in charge would do the same thing.

Bullshit! they are just stoking the fire of panic. All these quarantines, etc., are just prolonging the inevitable. Sooner or later every person on the planet will get infected and most (97%) will recover after some minor symptoms. It's just another typical flu event but this one is being magnified by the media. As has been said in other threads, the worst danger comes from unthinkers who panic.

Way more than 97% will recover. Remember, only those sick enough to see a doctor are being tested and then only in some areas. The vast majority will take Tylenol and be back at work the next day.

The stupidity is almost overwhelming.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
3% is a really high death rate. 20% hospitalized will completely overwhelmingly crush the medical system. Heaven forbid anyone with any other ailment need medical care.

Last edited by Calvin; 03/13/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calvin
3% is a really high death rate. 20% hospitalized will completely overwhelmingly crush the medical system. Heaven forbid anyone with any other ailment need medical care.

Again...it's not a "3% death rate". It's 3% of those tested and confirmed to be infected. Most will have very minor symptoms and not seek medical attention.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Again...it's not a "3% death rate". It's 3% of those tested and confirmed to be infected. Most will have very minor symptoms and not seek medical attention.

Fair enough. What do you think about the death rate in Italy and among senior citizens?

I am not to concerned about me and my wife. But if the virus gets into the native communities on my island, given how unhealthy they already are, we aren’t going to have enough room for all the bodies.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Fair enough. What do you think about the death rate in Italy and among senior citizens?

I am not to concerned about me and my wife. But if the virus gets into the native communities on my island, given how unhealthy they already are, we aren’t going to have enough room for all the bodies.

There is not enough credible information for a valid opinion.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No one is going to miss Ohio if it goes dark.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Italy, France, Spain? We finally have credible info. This kills old people and lots of them. Look at what happened in Italy and France and Spain are right behind them.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Infection titer is a huge variable. If this infection starts slowly with minimal numbers of the virus in a given person they will be able to kick up their immune system slowly and stay in front of it. Put them in a cramped place with many infected people and the infection titer starts off very high. It will overwhelm the immune system and that person is far more likely to have major issues. If they are older or otherwise compromised they will be more likely to die.

Sad part is, they are doing everything they can to save lives and going about it very reasonably. If we get through this as planned a bunch of finger-pointing idiots are going to be screaming "I told you so!"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

We do not have enough information to attach a number to the death rate... we have plenty to know it is at least an order of magnitude worse than ordinary flu. We have the same issue with counting flu cases.

We do know places being slammed like Italy are going to have a higher mortality rate because they are being slammed. A higher percentage of victims are being slammed with a higher titer of the virus. In hospital they are likely getting more. A higher percentage of people are being killed.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 160user, 1234, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,256 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,136
Posts18,483,966
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.