Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
i hope this doesn't lead to large numbers of people exposing themselves...?!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Drivers will haul as long as there is something to haul and fuel to haul it.

Phil

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by teal

Yes and no. Trucks will eventually come off the road.

1. Drivers will want to be home, taking care of families
2. Spot rates will sharply rise. Today and tomorrow will be cheap compared to rest of the week. If it continues to get worse or a lockdown is enacted - a ton of capacity will leave the market. Supply chains will break and those drivers still working will demand a ton of money to move items people can't buy because the store is closed. Shipper just wont pay and more capacity leaves the market. Closing restaurants because there's >50 people is no different than closing Walmart >50 people. Both would likely happen.
3. People who have to stay home aren't going on a shopping spree. A LOT of commerce WILL shut down.

32% of all outbound trucking tenders in Quincey IL are being rejected as capacity searches for high $$ freight. National average is just under 10%. 2 weeks ago it was 5%.

I've got a driver on the road right now with a COVID case at home. Meaning, he CAN'T go home! Not allowed in the house. So, he's driving the wheels off the truck.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Locally they went to condition yellow.
No gathering in groups of ten or more.
No restaurant dining, movies, gyms or bars.

Can only go to work, grocery, food from drive through/ carry out.

Said it might change.

Current deal is for 60 days.

Dude that tested positive has passed. Supposedly had serious health issue prior. Rumor is another has tested positive. Not verified and not associated w patient #1.

Last edited by hookeye; 03/16/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The first casualty will be small business owners and employees. With no deep public funded pockets, this segment of the population will be devastated. Bars, restaurants, clothing stores, food stores, local supply firms. Literally millions will be in desperate situations.
Government workers, teachers, cops, bureaucrats, politicians and so forth will sail by, taking a paid vacay. This could get damn ugly.

Sam......

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by KFWA
Heard from a friend who hangs out with some Washington elites that they told him we are 48 -72 hours away from Trump issuing a national lock down similar to what Ohio and Illinois is currently doing.

Shouldn't be surprising I guess, we may be days away from collapsing not only the economy but more importantly the health care system.

Where’s all those that loved to call some of us “tin foil hat” wearers? Those of us that chose to do a little bit of preparing for hard times.......don’t look so stupid now! I think those that “had there heads in the sand”, or wherever they had there head.....may be the ones looking pretty stupid now! Whether this is real, or a media created crisis, the end result is the same. People are in “deep doo doo” because they can’t get supplies and chose “not” to use the brain that God gave them to do a little “prepping”! You usually “reap from the seeds you throw”! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 03/16/20.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
First will be curfew's and riots... wouldn't be surprised to see an increase in truck thefts. Hate to think about what might come next, won't be good.

Phil

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by teal

Yes and no. Trucks will eventually come off the road.

1. Drivers will want to be home, taking care of families
2. Spot rates will sharply rise. Today and tomorrow will be cheap compared to rest of the week. If it continues to get worse or a lockdown is enacted - a ton of capacity will leave the market. Supply chains will break and those drivers still working will demand a ton of money to move items people can't buy because the store is closed. Shipper just wont pay and more capacity leaves the market. Closing restaurants because there's >50 people is no different than closing Walmart >50 people. Both would likely happen.
3. People who have to stay home aren't going on a shopping spree. A LOT of commerce WILL shut down.

32% of all outbound trucking tenders in Quincey IL are being rejected as capacity searches for high $$ freight. National average is just under 10%. 2 weeks ago it was 5%.

I've got a driver on the road right now with a COVID case at home. Meaning, he CAN'T go home! Not allowed in the house. So, he's driving the wheels off the truck.

Dang. Good luck to your driver.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
The first casualty will be small business owners and employees. With no deep public funded pockets, this segment of the population will be devastated. Bars, restaurants, clothing stores, food stores, local supply firms. Literally millions will be in desperate situations.
Government workers, teachers, cops, bureaucrats, politicians and so forth will sail by, taking a paid vacay. This could get damn ugly.

The government workers will still be there to fee and tax us into bankruptcy. Local politicians, county and city, will close down services and ask us to keep them afloat. We gotta fork over, so they all keep jobs and bennies.

I don't think the private workers and small businessmen will go down for them quietly. Keep your powder dry.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Theres literally 2 cases within an hours radius of us and supply houses are starting to talk 2 week shut down. I'm ordering 4 weeks worth of lumber to 5 jobs tomorrow and should be able to keep everyone that wants, working. We work groups of 4-8 men per job and can easily keep 5' apart and wash hands as much as possible. Told them to not share tools etc. And if you feel flu like symptoms, stay the [bleep] home. See what happens......

I can see it impacting our future jobs more than now.
My biggest worry is getting paid for work in progress if the banking system gets too stressed.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Heard from a friend who hangs out with some Washington elites that they told him we are 48 -72 hours away from Trump issuing a national lock down similar to what Ohio and Illinois is currently doing.

Shouldn't be surprising I guess, we may be days away from collapsing not only the economy but more importantly the health care system.

This is pretty much a real life scenario of a book that I read about 20 years go.......Patriots - Surviving the Coming Collapse! They world as they know it “sheit the bed” because of a financial collapse. Only in our present situation a medical pandemic is bringing on economic collapse! A - 2 for 1......gotta love it! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Heard from a friend who hangs out........

OK

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Greyghost
First will be curfew's and riots... wouldn't be surprised to see an increase in truck thefts. Hate to think about what might come next, won't be good.

Phil

ridiculous

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

No one missing the "work" of politicians . Hmmmmmm

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Going to be a tough one to enforce.

When walking around is outlawed, only outlaws will be out walking around. grin

^^^Made me laugh.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by slumlord
I just realized I have 14 cans of hormel chili, pop tops of nacho cheese

And only on bag of tortillas. Some heads are going roll by god.

Gonna test that TP supply that hard....this early in the crisis?

Now is the time to survey your terlot brushes.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I would not in the least bit be surprised to see ANYTHING happen. People are going nuts over this. May be time to drag out the heavy artillery......lol.

Dont let anyone know you have toilet paper.

I Totally Don't Have 240 Rolls.

You getting close to home yet? Keep us posted. Although, I haven’t been posting much, I’ve been following.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Heard from a friend who hangs out with some Washington elites that they told him we are 48 -72 hours away from Trump issuing a national lock down similar to what Ohio and Illinois is currently doing.Shouldn't be surprising I guess, we may be days away from collapsing not only the economy but more importantly the health care system.
Heard from a friend who hangs out with some Washington elites that they told him there are a lot of numbskulls posting salacious and damaging rumors, and predicting disaster, at a time when too many in the population are acting badly in response to such tripe. Shouldn't be surprising I guess.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I went with a buddy to buy him a home defense shotgun today. What a joke. After three stops, we ended up at sportsman whorehouse and got him the last Mossberg 500 they had. The ammo shelves were mostly bare and the line to buy what guns they had left was four deep at the counter. I don't think there is a home defense shotgun left in Western Washington.
Starting to look real cowboy soon.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by memtb

This is pretty much a real life scenario of a book that I read about 20 years go.......Patriots - Surviving the Coming Collapse! They world as they know it “sheit the bed” because of a financial collapse. Only in our present situation a medical pandemic is bringing on economic collapse! A - 2 for 1......gotta love it! memtb

Gee, thanks, Mr. Cheerful! I remember that book well and may still have it around.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

355 members (17CalFan, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 345dl, 219 Wasp, 47 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,973
Posts18,519,820
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.