Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KenMi
Remove head from azz, then type.
National lockdown would just mean rules the same for all states- no large gatherings, schools closed, restaurants take out only.
This will take the pressure off each state for having to decide this.
Trucking, shipping, and commerce will carry on.
The president is a businessman, not a knuckle dragging idiot who is a power whore. If this was 5 years ago, who knows what would have taken place.

Actually, this DID take place 5 years ago, except the Democrat media didn't promote it. This is the scariest part. The media still controls America.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
The first casualty will be small business owners and employees. With no deep public funded pockets, this segment of the population will be devastated. Bars, restaurants, clothing stores, food stores, local supply firms. Literally millions will be in desperate situations.
Government workers, teachers, cops, bureaucrats, politicians and so forth will sail by, taking a paid vacay. This could get damn ugly.

Yep.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by local_dirt
The first casualty will be small business owners and employees. With no deep public funded pockets, this segment of the population will be devastated. Bars, restaurants, clothing stores, food stores, local supply firms. Literally millions will be in desperate situations.
Government workers, teachers, cops, bureaucrats, politicians and so forth will sail by, taking a paid vacay. This could get damn ugly.

Yep.

I hope it's more fun than the paid vacation I get during every other crisis.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

This is pretty much a real life scenario of a book that I read about 20 years go.......Patriots - Surviving the Coming Collapse! They world as they know it “sheit the bed” because of a financial collapse. Only in our present situation a medical pandemic is bringing on economic collapse! A - 2 for 1......gotta love it! memtb[/quote]

Gee, thanks, Mr. Cheerful! I remember that book well and may still have it around.[/quote]

SockPuppet, That’s why I’m here.....to lighten the mood! Hey, in the end......the good guys won! wink memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by teal

Yes and no. Trucks will eventually come off the road.

1. Drivers will want to be home, taking care of families
2. Spot rates will sharply rise. Today and tomorrow will be cheap compared to rest of the week. If it continues to get worse or a lockdown is enacted - a ton of capacity will leave the market. Supply chains will break and those drivers still working will demand a ton of money to move items people can't buy because the store is closed. Shipper just wont pay and more capacity leaves the market. Closing restaurants because there's >50 people is no different than closing Walmart >50 people. Both would likely happen.
3. People who have to stay home aren't going on a shopping spree. A LOT of commerce WILL shut down.

32% of all outbound trucking tenders in Quincey IL are being rejected as capacity searches for high $$ freight. National average is just under 10%. 2 weeks ago it was 5%.

I've got a driver on the road right now with a COVID case at home. Meaning, he CAN'T go home! Not allowed in the house. So, he's driving the wheels off the truck.

Crap Dutch,

best wishes for your driver and hopefully the rest of your crews..............and you and family of course.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I would not in the least bit be surprised to see ANYTHING happen. People are going nuts over this. May be time to drag out the heavy artillery......lol.

Dont let anyone know you have toilet paper.

I Totally Don't Have 240 Rolls.

You getting close to home yet? Keep us posted. Although, I haven’t been posting much, I’ve been following.

Wondering here too.

Hope you make it home soon Boomer.

Kingston, enjoy them ribeyes.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Did a little on line checking. CDC says from Oct 1,2019 through Mar 7,2020 there were between 25,000 and 50,000 U.S. deaths from Flu, not corona, just common flu. So far this corona crap seems much ado about nothing.

If you feel this virus is a world killer, give me some solid numbers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On top of that say someone has heart disease with repeated bouts of congestive heart failure or advanced COPD. They get the bug and die, chalk up one for the bug, underlying gets only a "contributing" passing acknowledgment.. If they don't get the bug and die from the underlying disease no credit for the bug. But they are dead anyway.. Statistics is a funny science.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I would not in the least bit be surprised to see ANYTHING happen. People are going nuts over this. May be time to drag out the heavy artillery......lol.

Dont let anyone know you have toilet paper.

I Totally Don't Have 240 Rolls.

You getting close to home yet? Keep us posted. Although, I haven’t been posting much, I’ve been following.

Wondering here too.

Hope you make it home soon Boomer.

Kingston, enjoy them ribeyes.

Geno

Made it through AK security. It's not "as" nuts as the south sounds. Restaurant just started bottled beverages and disposable servingwear only here....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just felt like posting this - will keep you awake anyway.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by nighthawk
I just felt like posting this - will keep you awake anyway.

You found that schit tolerable to view once? Let alone worthy of posting? Have you considered therapy?

WOW!!!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lighten up, it's a parody of itself and a disdain for control by a central government stated with hyperbole, tongue in cheek. (Internet radio smooth jazz playing in the background right now)..

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Crap Dutch,

best wishes for your driver and hopefully the rest of your crews..............and you and family of course.

Geno

Thanks. We’re keeping his family supplied with whatever they need, and so far it’s looking ok.

Sales are way off, and we may have to start feeding half rations next week. Interesting times.....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Pleasantly surprised that SeaTac wasn't at all fubar as I had anticipated. No paramilitary, there's hand sanitizer readily available for purchase, and some hotties, with and without masks. There's no snow? That might be globular warmaling...

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hotties with and without masks... no pics?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by KFWA
Heard from a friend who hangs out with some Washington elites that they told him we are 48 -72 hours away from Trump issuing a national lock down similar to what Ohio and Illinois is currently doing.

Shouldn't be surprising I guess, we may be days away from collapsing not only the economy but more importantly the health care system.

lmao

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Greyghost
First will be curfew's and riots... wouldn't be surprised to see an increase in truck thefts. Hate to think about what might come next, won't be good.

Phil

another idiotic post

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Greyghost
First will be curfew's and riots... wouldn't be surprised to see an increase in truck thefts. Hate to think about what might come next, won't be good.

Phil

another idiotic post

one of his many

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Yep.

I hope it's more fun than the paid vacation I get during every other crisis.

Yep, and I volunteered for the last hurricane, did not see home for 10 days IIRC, working daylight till dark, and getting called out all night long, boy it was a super vacation. Shower standing up in the clothes I had on at times.... just to get a rinse and another call.... Just pure joy.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Hotties with an without masks... no pics?

I wasn't going to be "that guy" , today. Too tired to do it without getting caught.

Home sweet home. Left here Christmas Day.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1lesfox, 1Longbow, 1234, 1badf350, 01Foreman400, 60 invisible), 1,767 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,506
Posts18,530,276
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.