Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
PETA and a dumb pluck like WDH both need to FOAD. Liberals suck and have not a damn clue about reality.

Caving to PETA to lower dog numbers will hurt more dogs and teams and people than had they kept their stupid noses out of it and their head up their ass where it belongs.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WDH
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
They absolutely dropped out of Drive and refused to run. Richie had to scratch for the first time ever and Pete wasted a bunch of time helping Richie motivate dogs that were having NO part of it...

WHAT? But you guys said the dogs live for this??? Sounds like they are sick of being used and abused.

It’s time to end the idiotrod. Luckily it gets less and less publicity as the years go on. Once a few more boomers kick the bucket it will end. Only then will those dogs get the peace they desperately deserve!

#iditarodkillsdogs #thelastgreatshamefulrace

#You're a dumbass.

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by texasbatman
Originally Posted by WDH
They absolutely dropped out of Drive and refused to run. Richie had to scratch for the first time ever and Pete wasted a bunch of time helping Richie motivate dogs that were having NO part of it...

WHAT? But you guys said the dogs live for this??? Sounds like they are sick of being used and abused.

It’s time to end the idiotrod. Luckily it gets less and less publicity as the years go on. Once a few more boomers kick the bucket it will end. Only then will those dogs get the peace they desperately deserve!

#You're a dumbass.

AGREED X2

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Boy that WDH. Willie you are dumber than a stump, maybe its just ignorance though. Evidently you have ZERO clue when it comes to dogs and heat cycles.

I think you belong in a bigger city.. More like a dumb [bleep] from New York City or such when it comes to actual animals and how Mother Nature works.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I don't believe in beating a dog, but by all means beat a peta.

Life is good live it while you can.
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
She’s a troll boys. Don’t take the bait.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Waerner left WM @ 1:35 pm. Probably make front st. early am.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Originally Posted by WDH

You're a dumbfvck and know nothing about the Iditarod. You ever been to the restart or watched the race live you liberal cuck? Yeah, I didn't think so.

I do not watch the race because why would I want to watch animal cruelty? You have to be a sick SOB to want to watch people abuse animals. You probably get off on watching rodeos too you sicko.

O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I hate to say this but this years iditarod is feeling a little anti-climatic for me. I know, I know. Booooo! I know Waerner is busting his balls for this but he isnt an American. I cant stand Seavey. I really hope Jessie gets those pups to did deep and at least smokes Mitch tonight.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Nothing better than a good rodeo

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by OAM
I hate to say this but this years iditarod is feeling a little anti-climatic for me. I know, I know. Booooo! I know Waerner is busting his balls for this but he isnt an American. I cant stand Seavey. I really hope Jessie gets those pups to did deep and at least smokes Mitch tonight.

Royer is only 51 minutes behind Seavey, and has 13 dogs vs. Weaver's 10. She has a good chance of passing him.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by OAM

Royer is only 51 minutes behind Seavey, and has 13 dogs vs. Weaver's 10. She has a good chance of passing him.

Wow! Are you mixing metaphors, or what???

She is NOT catching Thomas, period. Comparing the teams is a serious knotted brow...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
On second try, Foreigner Waerner takes Iditarod crown

By Art Peck | Posted: Wed 1:22 AM, Mar 18, 2020 | Updated: Wed 3:15 AM, Mar 18, 2020

ANCHORAGE - Norwegian Thomas “Foreigner” Waerner cruised to the Iditarod crown early Wednesday after opening a gap between his team and the rest of the pack earlier in the week, from there never letting up on a commanding lead. ”WHEN ASKED HIS SECRET HE SAID BEATING HIS DOGS WAS THE TRICK. HE ALSO RELIED HEAVILY ON HIS BUDDY SITKA DEER WHO LIKES TO SPREAD GOSSIP FROM HIS HEAD” ”I’D REALLY LIKE TO THANK SITKA DEER AKA ART AKA ARTSY FOR TAKING HIS TIME AWAY FROM THE BERNIE SANDERS CAMPAIGN TO FOCUS ON GOSSIPING”

The veteran musher arrived to the famed Burled Arch in Nome with 10 dogs in harness at 12:37 a.m. on March 18, 9 days, 10 hours, 37 minutes and 47 seconds after starting the race, to become the third Norwegian ever to win the Last Great Race on Earth. He follows in the footsteps of Joar Leifseth Ulsom, who won in 2018, and Robert Sørlie, who won in 2003 and 2005.

Foreigner’s newly-minted Iditarod title also comes on the heels of his 2019 win in Norway's 1,200-kilometer Finnmarksløpet, his second first-place finish in what's touted as the longest sled dog race in all of Europe.

"I am really excited," said Thomas' wife Guro Waerner via Facebook as his race was wrapping up, "and relieved that he is winning. Going to (the) Iditarod is a big project for us Norwegians, so it is extra rewarding."

Guro said she’d had to leave ahead of the finish because of coronavirus-related travel restrictions and worries she might get stuck outside of Norway.

Under the Burled Arch, however, foreigner’s dogs K2 and Bark joined him for photos at the finish line, and he was still greeted by a crowd of lively fans upon his arrival.

Foreigner, whose first Iditarod was in 2015, is also one of just a handful of mushers who have won the storied race on just their second try: He joins the likes of Sørlie, who won on his second and third attempts; Rick Swenson, who won in 1977 on his second try and took home four more titles after that; and, among others, Dean Osmar, who won in 1984 on his second run.

Libby Riddles became the first woman to win in 1985 on her third try. Dick Wilmarth, who died at the age of 75 back in 2018, won the inaugural Iditarod in 1973.

Foreigner Waerner, 46, who was born in England but raised in Norway, began mushing in 1984, according to his Iditarod.com biography. He became a musher for Iditarod legend Roger Legaard in 1990, followed by Charlie Champagne and Roxy Wright in 1991. After starting with sprint racing, including in Alaska, he attempted the Iditarod for the first time in 2015, garnering Rookie of the Year honors.

Eleven mushers had scratched by the time Foreigner Waerner finished. With all but one still left to cross the finish line, 45 mushers and dog teams remain on their way to Nome in the 48th running of the Iditarod, one of the few sporting events worldwide not canceled over concerns of the new coronavirus.

For that same reason, Iditarod finish festivities such as the finishers' banquet - traditionally held the Sunday after the champion's finish - have been postponed to a later date.

Last edited by WDH; 03/18/20.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The people and the mushers won't let the Iditarod die.

Chrysler/Dodge drops out, how much you want to bet Chevrolet jumps in....Maybe a couple trucks...Winner truck, rookie truck...Watch...."Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie, the Iditarod and Chevrolet". Has a nice ring.....don't you think.....

Congrats to the winner....

Addition: And all who had the spirit to accept the challenge. Dogs, men and women. It takes a special breed.

There is another race that goes on up there.....Peta who?????

https://www.yukonquest.com/support-yq/sponsorship/current-yukon-quest-sponsors

Last edited by battue; 03/18/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler
O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by WDH

By Art Peck | Posted: Wed 1:22 AM, Mar 18, 2020 | Updated: Wed 3:15 AM, Mar 18, 2020

ANCHORAGE - Norwegian Thomas “Foreigner” Waerner cruised to the Iditarod crown early Wednesday after opening a gap between his team and the rest of the pack earlier in the week, from there never letting up on a commanding lead. ”WHEN ASKED HIS SECRET HE SAID BEATING HIS DOGS WAS THE TRICK. HE ALSO RELIED HEAVILY ON HIS BUDDY SITKA DEER WHO LIKES TO SPREAD GOSSIP FROM HIS HEAD” ”I’D REALLY LIKE TO THANK SITKA DEER AKA ART AKA ARTSY FOR TAKING HIS TIME AWAY FROM THE BERNIE SANDERS CAMPAIGN TO FOCUS ON GOSSIPING”

The veteran musher arrived to the famed Burled Arch in Nome with 10 dogs in harness at 12:37 a.m. on March 18, 9 days, 10 hours, 37 minutes and 47 seconds after starting the race, to become the third Norwegian ever to win the Last Great Race on Earth. He follows in the footsteps of Joar Leifseth Ulsom, who won in 2018, and Robert Sørlie, who won in 2003 and 2005.

Foreigner’s newly-minted Iditarod title also comes on the heels of his 2019 win in Norway's 1,200-kilometer Finnmarksløpet, his second first-place finish in what's touted as the longest sled dog race in all of Europe.

"I am really excited," said Thomas' wife Guro Waerner via Facebook as his race was wrapping up, "and relieved that he is winning. Going to (the) Iditarod is a big project for us Norwegians, so it is extra rewarding."

Guro said she’d had to leave ahead of the finish because of coronavirus-related travel restrictions and worries she might get stuck outside of Norway.

Under the Burled Arch, however, foreigner’s dogs K2 and Bark joined him for photos at the finish line, and he was still greeted by a crowd of lively fans upon his arrival.

Foreigner, whose first Iditarod was in 2015, is also one of just a handful of mushers who have won the storied race on just their second try: He joins the likes of Sørlie, who won on his second and third attempts; Rick Swenson, who won in 1977 on his second try and took home four more titles after that; and, among others, Dean Osmar, who won in 1984 on his second run.

Libby Riddles became the first woman to win in 1985 on her third try. Dick Wilmarth, who died at the age of 75 back in 2018, won the inaugural Iditarod in 1973.

Foreigner Waerner, 46, who was born in England but raised in Norway, began mushing in 1984, according to his Iditarod.com biography. He became a musher for Iditarod legend Roger Legaard in 1990, followed by Charlie Champagne and Roxy Wright in 1991. After starting with sprint racing, including in Alaska, he attempted the Iditarod for the first time in 2015, garnering Rookie of the Year honors.

Eleven mushers had scratched by the time Foreigner Waerner finished. With all but one still left to cross the finish line, 45 mushers and dog teams remain on their way to Nome in the 48th running of the Iditarod, one of the few sporting events worldwide not canceled over concerns of the new coronavirus.

For that same reason, Iditarod finish festivities such as the finishers' banquet - traditionally held the Sunday after the champion's finish - have been postponed to a later date.

Its really weird your creating quotes for people. Also weird you posted that at 4am. It obvious that this race really bothers you. Trolling forums at 4am is not a good way to make yourself seem credible though.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Drop him....

He will be dead and they still will be running the Iditarod.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OAM
Originally Posted by WDH

Its really weird your creating quotes for people. Also weird you posted that at 4am. It obvious that this race really bothers you. Trolling forums at 4am is not a good way to make yourself seem credible though.

So you hard to go and quote the moron... I have the POS on ignore and have for quite a long time. It is funny living in his head rent free. There is certainly a LOT of room as he does not use any of it for things like thinking.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jesse Roger just came in, third place... how Mitch managed to make up so much time is impressive.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by OAM

Wow! Are you mixing metaphors, or what???

She is NOT catching Thomas, period. Comparing the teams is a serious knotted brow...

Other than misspelling Seavey’s name (that damn autocorrect), what would you like ‘splained?
wink

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by OAM
Originally Posted by WDH

So you hard to go and quote the moron... I have the POS on ignore and have for quite a long time. It is funny living in his head rent free. There is certainly a LOT of room as he does not use any of it for things like thinking.

I never put anyone on "ignore". I like to read the crazy chitt.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 1Longbow, 204guy, 257Bob, 25classic, 60 invisible), 2,671 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,295
Posts18,487,010
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.