Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Grocery Stores are running out of food especially meat.

The Hunters freezer may soon run out of last years bounty.

This schit may last all summer, so when will it be OK with the fire to start filling our freezers with out of season game?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I don’t think anybody is going to fault anyone for feeding their family. We are in the worst part of this scenario. What do we have left, like 11 days?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sea lions and feral horses are delicious.

Is taking a protected non-game animal still considered poaching?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The food that was plentiful in all the stores is in homes now. Instead of poaching, stealing from the public, how about targeting those who cleaned out the stores. I would much rather see targeting of the hoarders over stealing of public game. Plus, how many deer are going to get killed by people without a clue of how to process it so the majority of the deer will be wasted.

Next step is hoarding of the public game. I have deer and turkey on my property every day. Should I kill as many as I can fit in my freezer now before someone else get them? This is the hoarder's mentality; a bunch of selfish Aholes.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I've had multiple venison steaks & loins standing in my driveway the past two mornings on my way out.
This is about the time of year they seem to get over their 'fly or die' auto response.
They're so unaware...

FJB & FJT
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
I don’t think anybody is going to fault anyone for feeding their family. We are in the worst part of this scenario. What do we have left, like 11 days?

Funny

Months are predicted

Two weeks at a time

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Probably start with the Collard Doves - not protected and plentiful.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Only to stave off hunger, when there's no other option.

Necessity: A legal defense that permits a person to lawfully act in what would otherwise be a criminal manner when an emergency situation, not of the person's own creation, compels him to act in a criminal manner to avoid greater harm from occurring.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Why do you suppose people from third world communist or dictatorship controlled countries eat bugs and worms?

Bon appetit

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've never considered someone feeding their family thru hunting out of season as a poacher.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by steve4102

This schit may last all summer, so when will it be OK with the fire to start filling our freezers with out of season game?

And.....will it be retroactive! grin memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
For a segment of the 'fire, I feel that it not only always has been acceptable, but lauded.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Ant and the Grasshopper scenario.

Circumstances beyond your control are at least arguable. I get it...don't like it...but I get it.

Didn't have any plan at all and spent every last dime on toys? That's on you. I still get it, but God help me, less forgiving.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by centershot
Probably start with the Collard Doves - not protected and plentiful.

exactly.......even told my wife that the other day.......

have 14-15 at the feeder all day long.......

remove head with 17M2......enjoy.....

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

To me........feeding your family is not poaching......

only as a last resort......

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Still plenty of food available.

Because your favorite brew pub closed down does not mean its time to panic.

I am MAGA.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

I don't really care if someone wants to harvest wild game to feed their family. Have at it. Below I've outlined a few other alternatives that are more food for less effort than hunting.

Think just a little bit. Sysco and the like have WAREHOUSES full of food that's not going to restaurants. The local Grainger branch here in town has TP in stock because it's out of what most consider the normal supply chain.

Before you go poaching deer @ 15-30# worth of meat each, maybe hop on the cattleman/stockman Assoc. website for your AO, then call a few and see who's got a giant old bull or dry old cow (turkeys, chickens, pigs, etc) in need of introduction to a grinder. Get a couple of neighbors together and get it paid for and processed. If you've got deer in the yard I guess you're not expending much in terms of effort or resources to harvest them. If one lives in town and is thinking of driving out and hunting, then buying an animal from a producer is going to get you a LOT more for a LOT less.

No need to go full-on hunter/gatherer society here folks.

Last edited by horse1; 03/19/20.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by horse1

Think just a little bit. Sysco and the like have WAREHOUSES full of food that's not going to restaurants. The local Grainger branch here in town has TP in stock because it's out of what most consider the normal supply chain.

Before you go poaching deer @ 15-30# worth of meat each, maybe hop on the cattleman/stockman Assoc. website for your AO, then call a few and see who's got a giant old bull or dry old cow in need of introduction to a grinder. Get a couple of neighbors together and get it paid for and processed.

Hehehe.....sensationalism is not jut a tool of the left anymore......

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The food supply chain is in no danger of running out for awhile. The CEO of Cub Foods was on a radio station yesterday saying that after this initial onslaught of hoarding, the shelves will fill back up and things should level out. It was panic buying at it's finest.

Local radio guy was in Costco yesterday and said the meat coolers are filling back up pretty fast.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by horse1

Before you go poaching deer @ 15-30# worth of meat each, maybe hop on the cattleman/stockman Assoc. website for your AO, then call a few and see who's got a giant old bull or dry old cow in need of introduction to a grinder. Get a couple of neighbors together and get it paid for and processed.

Hehehe.....sensationalism is not jut a tool of the left anymore......

Excellent point!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (16gage, 1badf350, 1moredeer, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 3,101 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,961
Posts18,519,472
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.