Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
mjbgalt Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
All the crises over the years were just on tv. This one hit home. I am luckily still working but wife makes the bulk of the money at our house and as a therapist has to see people in person. Her job has stopped her from doing that as a precaution and as of today she is unemployed.

We borrowed some out of her 401k to get us thru in case it gets worse...we spent our $2500 savings trying to keep our dog alive (posted a week ago here) without luck.

Been paying down debt and I left a higher paying job due to some illegal activities the boss was doing...otherwise we would likely have had a lot more saved for this.

Gonna be tight. Makes me pretty angry that we are affected like this due to other people being stupid and selfish and spreading this...

I don't mind taking a hit for my own actions but when it's like this it's hard to swallow.

Hope the rest of you guys can hang in there and not be affected by this crap.

Heading out to pick up our dogs ashes. Even that place has precautions in place...call ahead and someone will bring it out to as not to spread this stupid virus.

Last edited by mjbgalt; 03/19/20.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Stop the stupid virus? Hope that works. Seems to have been a lot of it going around for a long time.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
good luck with it all, on top of saying goodbye to your companion.

Maybe the wife is eligible for Unemployment. It helps..........ask me how I know.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hang in there my friend. If it's any consolation many members here are your friend.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I’ve been out since last Thursday, no income. Took insurance off of five vehicles, Don’t know what I’m gonna do about my mortgage maybe I’ll just give them 100 bucks a month. I have some cash in the bank to hold me over for a while I’m good with food for at least six months. I think this is gonna be a tough one.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm outta work too. Hope it lasts at least 4, but less than 12 weeks.

I'm actually getting some house projects done!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think mortgages are subject to a 90 extension with the late payments added to the end with no penalties.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Stopping therapy seems silly. You don’t have to get that close to them I’d imagine. Same room yeah . Kinda like going to the store shopping close. Bad deal all around. Hope it’s not as bad as it seems like it will be for you guys.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Her clients are mentally challenged usually and as such do not leave the group home and also don't have the best habits when it comes to cleanliness...not sure if it's to protect them or her or both.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Good luck.

We just about went broke once because Oprah said she wasn't gonna eat anymore hamburger.

Tighten your cinch and get a going.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Her clients are mentally challenged usually and as such do not leave the group home and also don't have the best habits when it comes to cleanliness...not sure if it's to protect them or her or both.

You'll be fine. Have faith and trust in God. You obviously have a good partner for life and that can get one through anything.

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I think I can say we are all praying for you good folks going through hard times. If my banker did my net worth today, it would look a lot worse than just the few short weeks ago.

Good men mostly land on their feet.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I feel for you and good luck with everything. My wife and I are okay work wise so far and my employer is okay with me working from home if needed. I have a son in law who's a manager at a local restaurant and is laid off which is going to hurt them. I have grandkids from another daughter that are home from school which is affecting their parents ability to work. Hopefully this won't be a long term thing...

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Good luck!

Wish a quick recovery for you and for things to get back to normal soon.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
You ain't alone. My wife and I have both been sent home from work and are living on savings as of this past Monday. This could potentially leave us bankrupt if it lasts for long.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
So the media weaponizes news of a virus to take down the president and somehow the people are the ones getting hurt and not one damn thing will happen to them.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
It’s [bleep] up

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
"If it does not kill you, it make's you stronger". Let us hope that shall apply to President Trump, and his '"Deplorable", supporters.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Being that my business depends on people going out of town for whatever reason, It's looking pretty dismal right about now, Yesterday I went to the bank and applied for a line of credit that will get me through the next four months or so. After that.......

I don't even want to think about it.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Good luck staying well. That’s most important. I’m thinking people might have to set different priorities with these layoffs. I hate to say it but a lot of people are gonna save enough just eating at home to make a house payment or something on that order. Ed k

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (10gaugeman, 16penny, 163bc, 1234, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,156 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,820
Posts18,496,507
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.