Hop To
Page 5 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 31 32
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by arkypete
I put it up there with Y2K.

I bought 5 brand new 5 gallon gas cans at a garage sale after Y2K. I think I payed $1 a can.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Too bad Flave ain’t around to give his perspective, lol. Boy things would have been interesting around here. He couldn’t have got banned at a worse time.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
My take on it that most who post here think it is overblown and not going to affect them because they have self discipline and common sense not to put themselves or loved one at unnecessary risk. And most of us do.

But common sense is a rare commodity these days and most of the idiots out there have no clue how to function if Netflix stops streaming or the mall is closed. Those are the ones that are fueling the panic buying, and it is comforting to them to have a years supply of Charmin because they are utter and complete idiots. Students taking the Corona challenge by licking toilet seats, going on spring break, heading to the mall, and thinking they are too important to be inconvenienced. This is the segment of society that .gov mandates and directives are aimed at because they are morons and have no sense of responsibility. They could make this much, much worse than it currently is. And the sheep will stampede if they get a whiff of the wolf.

I work in the Health Care industry and daughter is an ER nurse at Duke, believe me the medical community sees the tsunamis that is coming. They are scared.

Me I am gonna continue to do what I always do. I already hate everybody except a few close friends and family and will limit my time, energies, and exposure to keeping them safe with the exception of the elderly population that cannot fend for themselves.

Stay safe.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by viking
Too bad Flave ain’t around to give his perspective, lol. Boy things would have been interesting around here. He couldn’t have got banned at a worse time.

Or at a good time, depending upon one's point of view.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Wife has a close friend (they are godmothers to each other’s first born) who is a family practice MD. Her husband is an ER MD. They are very concerned. He is not going home after his shift....staying in a hotel near the hospital. She is staying home with their kids, says they are trying to make sure their kids come through this with at least one parent.

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
A few days ago I returned home in Montana after being up on the North Slope since Christmas. We built ice roads for oil exploration. The big plan was for four wells but due to a harsh winter, temperatures and equipment failures, the scope got cut back to three.

The roads, pads etc were nearly complete (95%) for the three wells, with first one about 3/4 done (drilling, not testing). Hundreds of Millions were spent on this. They announced yesterday that when well #1 is done, they're pulling out of the whole works. Employees on Slope will be extended, those off Slope in AK able to return after a delay and those outside of Alaska, SOL, go file unemployment.

Proportional response? Well, I suppose if you're loved ones get it or not ehh? Very prudent, if a little late, to take drastic steps that'll help curb the spread immensely, IMO. MAGA

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
I was in Infectious Disease arena for many years. The ID docs I've talked to are very concerned. It's not like anything they've seen in their lifetime. It's most certainly the real deal. The only real event comparable is the Spanish Flu. However, the talking heads on TV, social media medical practitioner wannabees, and their ilk are throwing gas on the fire. It's not needed and counter-productive.

DJT has surrounded himself with experts. He's directing a pointed attack; testing facilities, test kits, pharmaceutical testing - fast tracking - compassionate use, military help with hospital ships, MASH, logistics, doing whatever humanly possible to get the economy back humming again -the Fed - stimulus, etc. This maximum effort will make Katrina look like a fart in the wind.

The world is watching. Indeed, I think this will be his finest hour.

👍🏻

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The truth is we don't know enough about it , all I have heard is there is a mild strain and a not so mild one. The place where we can get the scientific data needed will not allow our scientists and Doctors in to examine it. They have scrubbed clean all the "evidence" and are telling the world they conquered it. So what people fear is the unknown and the shameful media is feeding off it . May these bastards rot in hell media and the satanic Chinese.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
The truth is we don't know enough about it , all I have heard is there is a mild strain and a not so mild one. The place where we can get the scientific data needed will not allow our scientists and Doctors in to examine it. They have scrubbed clean all the "evidence" and are telling the world they conquered it. So what people fear is the unknown and the shameful media is feeding off it . May these bastards rot in hell media and the satanic Chinese.

What the heck are you talking about?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One thing for sure...Its nothing to sneeze at.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Beaver10
My wife keeps sending me out on errands around people...Pretty sure she’s using me as the canary in the coal mine. Feeling the love.

😎

No that’s “frigg’n” funny! Well for the rest of .....maybe not you! grin memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by viking

4-1 is just around the corner.......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Originally Posted by Bristoe
If everybody knew what the people working in hospitals knew, they wouldn't think it's a hoax.

The truth of the matter is, news of the situation isn't being exaggerated,...it's being minimized.

My wife and more than a few friends work in hospitals. What you wrote above is simply not true.

It isnt a hoax, it is however being blown wildly out of proportion.

If you post the address of the hospital, I'll see about having the over-flow from here sent to it.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by JBabcock
It’s not a hoax here in Washington. And I think it’s likely been here for awhile. Today my wife finally went to the Doctor to be tested for it. She was told to self quarantine until the test results come back. So here we are. Wild.

I think it's likely been everywhere for a while.

Back in Nov-dec, locally a bunch of folks had a cough that just wouldn't go away for weeks, flu like symptoms but tests were always negative. [bleep] ran its course and folks got better

That was the case with myself and wife the last week of Dec into Jan.

I think it's overblown by the media which seems to feel that they have finally found something to sink not only Trump but true conservatism.
I have no issue with folk that feel otherwise.

FJB & FJT
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
The initial panic and hysteria was media induced for political reasons. Now every level of government has gone batshitt crazy, orgasmic even, drunk with absolute power. The Constitution has been trashed, legislation and the courts marginalized. Mayors, governors are illegally assuming dictatorial powers. The economy is in free fall, in chaos.
The corona virus itself has a lower morbidity rate than H1N1 or flu A. We know that a huge percentage of folks catching this are asymptomatic. They get it, get over it, and do even know it. This indicates that the lethality has been far overstated. I still say the underlying reason is to damage Trump, and return power to the dhimmicrats.

“Bingphuckinggo! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
If the campfire had been around in November of 41 there would been a ton of guys saying the Japanese aren’t gonna do anything...it’s all the media hyping it up..

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Michael Scott
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Beoceorl
One thing for sure...Its nothing to sneeze at.

👍 memtb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
If everybody knew what the people working in hospitals knew, they wouldn't think it's a hoax.

The truth of the matter is, news of the situation isn't being exaggerated,...it's being minimized.

I don’t believe that.

Those “in the know” have taken a vow against reporting to social media?

Even with a anonymous Burner account?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
I was in Infectious Disease arena for many years. The ID docs I've talked to are very concerned. It's not like anything they've seen in their lifetime. It's most certainly the real deal. The only real event comparable is the Spanish Flu. However, the talking heads on TV, social media medical practitioner wannabees, and their ilk are throwing gas on the fire. It's not needed and counter-productive.

DJT has surrounded himself with experts. He's directing a pointed attack; testing facilities, test kits, pharmaceutical testing - fast tracking - compassionate use, military help with hospital ships, MASH, logistics, doing whatever humanly possible to get the economy back humming again -the Fed - stimulus, etc. This maximum effort will make Katrina look like a fart in the wind.

The world is watching. Indeed, I think this will be his finest hour.

Agree completely. Trump needs our prayers; this poor man gets it from every angle. I think Pence is doing very well too. The news conferences with the inevitable strident, female “journalists” with their poking and probing questions, all of a critical nature, shows Trump has much more patience I would have under these circumstances.

As to the virus, one must assume it’s everywhere and thus self-isolation or social-distancing, whatever you want to call it, is the most important thing to do at the moment. Many folks just can not grasp the seriousness of the times.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by memtb
Originally Posted by Beaver10
My wife keeps sending me out on errands around people...Pretty sure she’s using me as the canary in the coal mine. Feeling the love.

😎

No that’s “frigg’n” funny! Well for the rest of .....maybe not you! grin memtb

Can you really blame her though ?? 😆

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 5 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

128 members (338reddog, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 308xray, 24 invisible), 1,636 guests, and 940 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,280
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.