Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by Quak
I’ll take every cent and build a 6 month supply of canned goods and necessities if things ever return to normal

Where are you going to find the canned goods to buy with the money?

Yep.. too late

Preppers were kooks three weeks ago....... smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
just about cover one of those Sandusky Ithaca 28 guns

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I thought about donating it to those less fortunate (if we get it). Then I thought, well eventually me or my kids are going to have to pay whatever we get back, with interest, via taxes. And since the less fortunate will be getting theirs as well, we will eventually have to pay some of that too, since they don’t pay taxes. So we will probably invest it or use to to pay down our home mortgage. I don’t think there will be much “stimulating” from that.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The genuine Swing-a-Way can opener is definitely worth it. The boys and I were discussing the quality of can openers over lunch yesterday. The Swing-a-Way makes it twice as easy to open the can of soup.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think I see a Springfield Saint AR Pistol in my near future. 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
The genuine Swing-a-Way can opener is definitely worth it. The boys and I were discussing the quality of can openers over lunch yesterday. The Swing-a-Way makes it twice as easy to open the can of soup.

Dude,

you really ought to get with the modern world.

Check out one of them Zyliss goodies. On some cans it takes two trips around, but it cuts through the side of the seal and leave no sharp edges on the top or the can. Slick I tell you, slick!

Of course, then you can't nick yourself and tell your wife you're not capable of opening a can even and she needs to stick with the KP duty.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I think I see a Springfield Saint AR Pistol in my near future. 🤠

AR 14 ?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Vodka. Googling what a Sandusky Ithaca 28 gun is though now.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
If a check miraculously makes it to my house, I would likely put it in the new roof fund. Writing a nearly $20k check for a roof generates a strong pucker factor

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pay down a credit card...

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Dude,

Check out one of them Zyliss goodies. On some cans it takes two trips around, but it cuts through the side of the seal and leave no sharp edges on the top or the can. Slick I tell you, slick!

Of course, then you can't nick yourself and tell your wife you're not capable of opening a can even and she needs to stick with the KP duty.

Geno

Bah! That thing looks like it came out of Slumlord's girlfriend's love toy van.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Greyghost
You guy's are really jumping the gun. There's no bill giving out anything to anyone except corporations. No bill preventing foreclosures or evictions, no guarantees of anything.

Phul

Coronavirus: Homeowners can delay mortgage payments up to 12 months

Homeowners facing financial hardship because of the coronavirus pandemic could delay their mortgage payments for up to a year.

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored enterprises that back millions of mortgages, this week said loan servicers could suspend payments for up to 12 months for homeowners experiencing a loss of income due to the outbreak of COVID-19.

The forbearance period excuses any penalties or late fees against borrowers, and the delays in payment would not be reported to credit agencies, according to Fannie and Freddie.

“The last time this happened, in the recession, this was absolutely negatively impacting people’s credit scores as their payments were derogatory,” said Scott Sheldon, senior loan officer at Sonoma County mortgages.

Servicers should also offer other payment relief options like loan modifications, typically reserved for natural disasters. Fannie and Freddie also suspended all foreclosure sales and evictions for 60 days.

“Fannie Mae, along with our lending and servicing partners, is committed to ensuring assistance is available to homeowners in need,” said Malloy Evans, senior vice president and single-Family chief credit officer at Fannie Mae, in a press release. “We encourage residents whose employment or income are impacted by COVID-19 to seek available assistance as soon as possible."
Who qualifies?

You don’t have to have the virus to qualify for payment relief, both agencies said. The relief also applies to any type of property: your primary home, second home, or investment properties.

Fannie and Freddie can reevaluate the borrower’s ability to pay during the forbearance period to make sure the plan is still needed. After the forbearance period, Fannie and Freddie told servicers to work out an affordable repayment plan with the borrower, which could include extending the term of the loan.

But it’s the homeowner’s responsibility to contact their mortgage servicer if they are struggling financially.

“We ask that servicers be responsive to potential requests for assistance from borrowers who may be impacted by COVID-19,” said Kevin Palmer, senior vice president of single-family portfolio management at Freddie Mac.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Ain’t gonna get nothing, so ain’t gonna do nothing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hanco

^^^This^^^

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by hanco

^^^This^^^

Yep. Learned of the details and zero here.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 16penny
Anyone want to loan me $7hunnit n fiddy till my virus check gets here’s

Ain't too many things a man cain't fix...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Buy toilet paper of course.

Originally Posted by nighthawk
Buy toilet paper of course.

Oh yeah. stock up on brandy, Christian Brothers grade. That was my grandmother's cure for every ailment. Pretty cool as a kid, and it worked. (Old World peasant's remedy)

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Dude,

Geno

Bah! That thing looks like it came out of Slumlord's girlfriend's love toy van.

That is just a horrible horrible visual.................

for something I use to make meals with.

I've heard of dual purpose items, but that ain't one of them!

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TxHunter80
If a check miraculously makes it to my house, I would likely put it in the new roof fund. Writing a nearly $20k check for a roof generates a strong pucker factor

Blue tarps is way cheaper.

Can buy a whole lotta blue tarps for that kinda money. Them real big ones too.

Use that $1200 from the gooberment on checks and take the rest of that fund down to the Piggly Wiggly and stock up on TP and some of that fancy vitamin water in the little bottles. That way, if'n you can't find no beans and rice on the shelf when you run out, at least you gots some vitamins.

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The total will go into the grandkids' savings accounts for college.

Of course a handgun could be a fine investment vehicle!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

482 members (1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1badf350, 50 invisible), 2,110 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,259
Posts18,504,801
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.