Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 32 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 31 32
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by irfubar
This is a last ditch hail mary power play by the global new world order elites. They are losing and backed into a corner, and as we all know a cornered desperate animal is very dangerous.

There’s certainly an element of this in some of the messaging coming from the media and China, but this disease needs to be taken seriously, especially in the immediate present and future.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
I don’t think it’s a hoax.

But blown out of proportion....

Why not all this back with the ZeroBama was battlin H1n1?

That’s where I’m at. Where were all of you when 30-60,000 Americans died of the flu the past two years.

^^^This^^^

Only a little over 200 Americans have died so far.
It’s the Flu, maybe a highly contagious one, but does not seem to be as deadly as the Fake News Media is making it out to be.

It’s not the flu and it’s a mistake to compare SARS-COV-2 to the flu.

Ok. Flu like virus. 😬

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack
Originally Posted by colorado bob
Death count in Italy today was 627. I think yesterday was 375 & that was the highest to date. Give it a couple of weeks------we'll make those numbers look mall.

More than 99% of Italy’s coronavirus fatalities were people who suffered from previous medical conditions,0.8% of the total deaths, had no previous pathology. Almost half of the victims suffered from at least three prior illnesses and about a fourth had either one or two previous conditions.

More than 75% had high blood pressure, about 35% had diabetes and a third suffered from heart disease.
The average age of those who’ve died from the virus in Italy is 79.5. As of March 17, 17 people under 50 had died from the disease. All of Italy’s victims under 40 have been males with serious existing medical conditions.

Does that make the fatalities irrelevant? Those lives lost too soon are of no consequence? It is wrong to strive to slow that same loss of life in America?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Death count in Italy today was 627. I think yesterday was 375 & that was the highest to date. Give it a couple of weeks------we'll make those numbers look mall.

More than 99% of Italy’s coronavirus fatalities were people who suffered from previous medical conditions,0.8% of the total deaths, had no previous pathology. Almost half of the victims suffered from at least three prior illnesses and about a fourth had either one or two previous conditions.

More than 75% had high blood pressure, about 35% had diabetes and a third suffered from heart disease.
The average age of those who’ve died from the virus in Italy is 79.5. As of March 17, 17 people under 50 had died from the disease. All of Italy’s victims under 40 have been males with serious existing medical conditions.

Does that make the fatalities irrelevant? Those lives lost too soon are of no consequence? It is wrong to strive to slow that same loss of life in America?

We have many, many at risk, health compromised people here in the USA and this is gonna slam them hard if the social distancing and isolation doesn’t get observed.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by ckat

And "the flu" does not hospitalize 20% of those diagnosed, nor kill 50% of those hospitalized. Nor does the number of those diagnosed with the flu double every four days.

If one does not consider that a signiticant difference, there is little hope.

Please enlighten us to the source of your “facts.” That would be a 10% death rate...

How about this? From https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/italy/

Italy
Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:
Recovered:
Looks pretty darned close to 10% to me.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O

And "the flu" does not hospitalize 20% of those diagnosed, nor kill 50% of those hospitalized. Nor does the number of those diagnosed with the flu double every four days.

Please enlighten us to the source of your “facts.” That would be a 10% death rate...

Italy
Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:
Recovered:

Haven’t heard much of anything about our southern neighbors in Mexico from the talking heads.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

The younger folks have no regard for the old farts who gave them the richest country on earth and highest standard of living in the history of mankind and ask them to avoid the crowds or bars a couple of weeks and, well.... sheesh.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Italy
Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:
Recovered:

Confirmed cases. With the shortage of test kits available the actual number infected would be much higher than confirmed cases they list. Therefore death rate would be much less than 10%.

Cable news makes money from one source. Advertisers.
Cost of advertising rises in correlation with the number of viewers. Sensationalism brings viewership up.
The media has every reason to blow this out of proportion.
Couple that with their undying hatred for Trump and desperation to unseat him in an election year and you have what we're seeing now. A dangerous situation being used to push an agenda. No doubt about it, measures need taken, but crashing the global economy seems a pretty extreme measures to save even a few hundred thousand lives

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Confirmed cases. With the shortage of test kits available the actual number infected would be much higher than confirmed cases they list. Therefore death rate would be much less than 10%.

Cable news makes money from one source. Advertisers.
Cost of advertising rises in correlation with the number of viewers. Sensationalism brings viewership up.
The media has every reason to blow this out of proportion.
Couple that with their undying hatred for Trump and desperation to unseat him in an election year and you have what we're seeing now. A dangerous situation being used to push an agenda. No doubt about it, measures need taken, but crashing the global economy seems a pretty extreme measures to save even a few hundred thousand lives

Trump has been a media boon.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I wonder why People with AIDS weren't quarantined and sequestered when it was discovered to be incurable, fatal, and at that time was confined in a very careless and identified population. While I'm sure sneezing doesn't readily spread aids it was known to be contagious and readily transmissible. In 2018 there were about 38,000,000 infected people worldwide who are recruiting way over a million new cases a year. And this is a disease that kills without very expensive lifelong treatment. Treatment which only arrests symptoms and leaves the patient feeling good enough to get out without restriction and spread the joy. This corona thing I guess doesn't bring stigma on a protected group and is being used as a basis to destroy a world economy even though over 90 % will survive just fine and by the time it's over the human race will be immune and probably richer if we wouldn't up our national mortgage to mollify a bunch of scaredy cat people.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

One life lost to disease, illness, drugs, etc. is too many. However, the “criminality” of it all, is the response to this virus coupled with the Russian started “oil-war”. These two things together, have “tanked” the world economy, and conveniently just prior to the US presidential election! The “hypocrisy” of the media’s actions on this event , are very relevant when hundreds of thousands (worldwide) die annually to the flu, tuberculosis, and assorted other diseases and yet are barely mentioned in the press. memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by memtb

One life lost to disease, illness, drugs, etc. is too many. However, the “criminality” of it all, is the response to this virus coupled with the Russian started “oil-war”. These two things together, have “tanked” the world economy, and conveniently just prior to the US presidential election! The “hypocrisy” of the media’s actions on this event , are very relevant when hundreds of thousands (worldwide) die annually to the flu, tuberculosis, and assorted other diseases and yet are barely mentioned in the press. memtb

How would you have responded to the virus if you were in trump’s position? What actions would you have taken ?

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

They were already on the doorstep and the Corona virus gave them a good kick in the a ss .

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

They were already on the doorstep and the Corona virus gave them a good kick in the a ss .

Your point?

I guess their immune system failed them or it didn’t get the message that a virus was upon them.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
My wife is social distancing me! I am going to have to take matters into my own hands.... whistle

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Your point?

I guess their immune system failed them or it didn’t get the message that a virus was upon them.

Are you that dumb? Why should the Corona virus get all the blame if they were about to die in 2 months without getting it?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
My wife is social distancing me! I am going to have to take matters into my own hands.... whistle

eek

Not to worry,

it's like riding a bicycle.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Does everyone that comes in contact get it?

I’m not the tinfoil type. But believe the media is making this 10x worse than what needs to be.

I’m in this camp, it’s not wide spread like they say and not worthy of such panicking, it’s not on every state but people are scared like it’s walking around on its own infecting people, too many movies I guess.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Romulus
Does everyone that comes in contact get it?

I’m not the tinfoil type. But believe the media is making this 10x worse than what needs to be.

I’m in this camp, it’s not wide spread like they say and not worthy of such panicking, it’s not on every state but people are scared like it’s walking around on its own infecting people, too many movies I guess.

So it’s not like an STD?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hastings
I wonder why People with AIDS weren't quarantined and sequestered when it was discovered to be incurable, fatal, and at that time was confined in a very careless and identified population. While I'm sure sneezing doesn't readily spread aids it was known to be contagious and readily transmissible. In 2018 there were about 38,000,000 infected people worldwide who are recruiting way over a million new cases a year. And this is a disease that kills without very expensive lifelong treatment. Treatment which only arrests symptoms and leaves the patient feeling good enough to get out without restriction and spread the joy. This corona thing I guess doesn't bring stigma on a protected group and is being used as a basis to destroy a world economy even though over 90 % will survive just fine and by the time it's over the human race will be immune and probably richer if we wouldn't up our national mortgage to mollify a bunch of scaredy cat people.

That holds true to some extent in our country, at the beginning of the AIDS epidemic.

Not so in other parts of the world where it was/is spread by everyday folks doing everyday things.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 11 of 32 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (260madman, 1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 264magnum, 1minute, 257 roberts, 60 invisible), 2,369 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,426
Posts18,489,191
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.