Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
All this, and no joke about the Optometrist that fell into his lens grinder, and made a spectacle of himself? laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by CWT
There is a big difference in an Optometrist and a Ophthalmologist.

Yes, I treated the eye disease while the ophthalmologists, an anterior segment surgeon and retina surgeon and pediatric surgeon did the surgery. Treated the cataract patients, corneal disease patients, diabetic retinopathy patients and vision therapy kids until they needed surgery besides treating eye and lid disease they didnt want to see and fitted contact lenses on babies and kids who had cataract surgery and ocular injuries and were too young for intraocular lens implants.

I also rotated call with another OD for years to take care of ocular injuries after hours and weekends.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/21/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Originally Posted by hatari

I thank Ralph for passing on what he knows freely and altruistically.

He could improve his efforts considerably if he stayed out of some of the shadow areas and then curtly dismisses anyone who asks questions or disagrees with him about the shadow areas as being liberal scum, etc..

Maybe he missed the day "bedside manner" was discussed.

When have I attacked you, Bayou? Yet you have attacked me since about your day one.

Kingston, when have I ever attacked you without being attacked first? Or Jim.

Sorry, neither of you are going to make me turn from posting about Jesus Christ, no matter how uncomfortable those posts make you. Why dont you ask Rick Bin how to use the ignore function, as I do some on here?

As a matter of fact, Kingston, I bet you cant show where i have attacked ANY conservative, constitution loving, 2A supporting, Trump supporting member of the Fire.

I dont know if my denigration of homos bothers you or Jim or Bayou and dont care.

The only guys I denigrate on the Fire are lieberal corksuckers who push the anti conservative, anti Trump agenda.

I don't interfere in your anti Christian threads and only defend HIM on Christian threads and I dont care if you dont like that.

Btw, you initiate some really great threads, Bayou.

I was invited a long time ago to a seperate and private invitation only group years ago that some great Fire guys were starting as they had enough of this backbiting place.

I do have a clue as to why for the last 40 years it has been so easy for Dimocraps to defeat conservatives in national elections.

You all have fun building you own little clicks which you use to build yourself up in your own eyes by attacking believers or those who you dont agree with. I know it's your psychologica defense mechanism.

I will post for those who find it interesting. The bitches on here need this place because they arent allowed to bitch at home.

If it makes you feel better, have at it. You've driven away better men than me. grin

Jag, your little sermon here shows that you know absolutely nothing about me, my political beliefs, my religion, or anything else about me.

One of your first direct contacts with me occurred when I simply made a comment on a thread. You sent me a PM and you were "all thumbs up" about what I said. A few days later I asked a question on a thread that maybe you began or not - I don't recall - but you came at me with both barrels for apparently asking the wrong question. Because I apparently asked a wrong question, you started in with your own personal assessment of who I was, etc. that has not changed since then. Even on threads where I do have some actual experience, such as something as simple as professional baseball, if my opinion was different from yours you pounced with name calling and accusations based on nothing but your own personal "knowledge" of me and the subject matter simply because we didn't agree.

As to our religious comments, my wife and I missed church last Sunday and will again this Sunday simply because the church that we attend is not holding open door services during our nation's current situation. So far that hasn't changed my religious beliefs one bit, so please don't try to define them for me. OK?

As I've said several times directly to you, we are probably very close politically. And I have no doubt the President Trump is doing his best to clean the swamp. I know that is one major reason that I voted for him. I have no idea nor will I try to guess why you possibly voted for him. All that we don't agree on is maybe how he's doing it. Time will tell, huh?

In the mean time, neither of us really know how it might play out. Your guess is as good as mine so don't label me a liberal, a CNN viewer, a non-Christian, a bitch as you just did above, or anything else that you feel makes you superior to me here in your eyes among the troops. Fair enough?

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by wabigoon
All this, and no joke about the Optometrist that fell into his lens grinder, and made a spectacle of himself? laugh

Hahaha. I will remember that one Wabi.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx

I thank Ralph for passing on what he knows freely and altruistically.

He could improve his efforts considerably if he stayed out of some of the shadow areas and then curtly dismisses anyone who asks questions or disagrees with him about the shadow areas as being liberal scum, etc..

Maybe he missed the day "bedside manner" was discussed.

When have I attacked you, Bayou? Yet you have attacked me since about your day one.

Kingston, when have I ever attacked you without being attacked first? Or Jim.

Sorry, neither of you are going to make me turn from posting about Jesus Christ, no matter how uncomfortable those posts make you. Why dont you ask Rick Bin how to use the ignore function, as I do some on here?

As a matter of fact, Kingston, I bet you cant show where i have attacked ANY conservative, constitution loving, 2A supporting, Trump supporting member of the Fire.

I dont know if my denigration of homos bothers you or Jim or Bayou and dont care.

The only guys I denigrate on the Fire are lieberal corksuckers who push the anti conservative, anti Trump agenda.

I don't interfere in your anti Christian threads and only defend HIM on Christian threads and I dont care if you dont like that.

Btw, you initiate some really great threads, Bayou.

I was invited a long time ago to a seperate and private invitation only group years ago that some great Fire guys were starting as they had enough of this backbiting place.

I do have a clue as to why for the last 40 years it has been so easy for Dimocraps to defeat conservatives in national elections.

You all have fun building you own little clicks which you use to build yourself up in your own eyes by attacking believers or those who you dont agree with. I know it's your psychologica defense mechanism.

I will post for those who find it interesting. The bitches on here need this place because they arent allowed to bitch at home.

If it makes you feel better, have at it. You've driven away better men than me. grin

Jag, your little sermon here shows that you know nothing about me, my political beliefs, my religion, or anything else about me.

One of my first direct contacts with me occurred when I simply made a comment on a thread. You sent me a PM and you were "all thumbs up" about what I said. A few days later i asked a question on a thread that maybe you began or not - i don't recall - but you came at me with both barrels for apparently asking the wrong question. Because I apparently asked a wrong question, you started in with your own personal assessment of who I was, etc. that has not changed since then. Even on threads where I do have some actual experience, such as something as simple as professional baseball, if my opinion was different from yours you pounced with name calling and accusations based on nothing but your own personal "knowledge" of me and the subject matter simply because we didn't agree.

As to our religious comments, my wife and I missed church last Sunday and will again this Sunday simply because the church that we attend is not holding open door services during our nation's current situation. So far that hasn't changed my religious beliefs.one bit so please don't try to define them for me. OK?

As I've said several times directly to you, we are probably very close politically. And I have no doubt the President Trump is doing his best to clean the swamp. I know that is one major reason that I voted for him. I have no idea nor will I try to guess why you possibly voted for him. All we don't agree on is maybe how he's doing it. Time will tell, huh?

In the mean time,neither of us really know how it might play out. Your guess is as good as mine so don't label me a liberal, a CNN viewer, a non-Christian, a bitch as you just did above, or anything else that you feel makes you superior to me here in your eyes among the troops. Fair enough?

Thanks for all your great threads, pal.

PS. I'm sorry for having been such an asswhole to you.

Not to lieberals, however. wink

PS.,I'm hereby sorry for having been such an asswhole to Kingston and Jim, also. smile

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Which Jim are we talking about here?

If you guys could let the various Jims know we could front load some outrage.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Lemme guess......you told the bloke to sit down and took over.

Lots of class envy here......

Originally Posted by ironbender
I remember the time on an airplane when a passenger had a heart attack. The stewardess called out, “Is there a doctor here”?

A fella about 8 rows back stood up and announced,”I have a PhD in psychiatry. I can help”.

Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by ironbender
I remember the time on an airplane when a passenger had a heart attack. The stewardess called out, “Is there a doctor here”?

A fella about 8 rows back stood up and announced,”I have a PhD in psychiatry. I can help”.

Psychiatrists have MD’s

Psychologists have PhD’s. Some are PhD MP, trained and licensed to prescribe within their field. MP stands for Medical psychologist.

DF

Did you see the follow up.

There are doctors of all kinds. It was a joke.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
jag's a good guy, one of the best on here. I like and respect him very much.........even if he does dote on Sean Hannity too much......lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by poboy
He reminds me alot of eyeball that used to post here.

When I first joined, a dude named eyeball PM’d me and told me who all the ass holes on here were.

After that, he got shîtcanned.

Deep State type stuff, like his and mine pm dialog was being read.

The good guys never post any more.

If you still have the PM, please PM me with it.

If you get shidt-canned here, you can be reincarnated with a new handle.

Last edited by roundoak; 03/21/20.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I believe that jag is an optometrist, I also believe that trh owns a 2nd Chance vest.

I also believe that both are leading candidates for KOTY and that few take them seriously.

They make one think that the title "oracle" may be misapplied here.

YMMV

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Doc is an optometrist. By what I've been able to ascertain, he knows his stuff and has my respect.

+1

DF

And another + 1 here.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
He post some interesting things. I knew he was well read, didn’t know he was a Doc.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
11 pages by my setting so far
Saturday
Sun going down
Beverages gonna flow

This thread should be awesome.
Cant eat popcorn...

Fugging little kernal skins irrate the fugg outta my gums.

Why aint they been able to GMO develop popcorn so the kernal skins just vaporize from the steam pressure.

Other than that, here is a musical interlude for everyones listening pleasure.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
On this crazy place a simple innocence question can still up a hornets nest.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
There are some here that seem to hate anyone that is Christian.

And, some here that post everyday, and a lot, act like elitist, full of themselves, christian snobs....😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Which Jim are we talking about here?

If you guys could let the various Jims know we could front load some outrage.

There's more than one Jim?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Need ta redo the new member primer ta point out that ya don't hafta read *every* thread.

Jag posts stuff that he believes others might find interesting.

Ain't nothin wrong with that.

If someone gets offended, it's only because he hit too close to home.

And that ain't *his* fault.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
By the way, Kingston, I'm sorry to inform you most walk on water MDs are not well trained in dealing with a lot of ocular conditions, so the other OD and I took the calls from the small town clinics and small hospital ER docs regarding what to do with a lot of ocular disease and trauma cases they received in places 75 or more miles from our city.

I also treated the post OP complications of patients operated on in our surgery center and those from patients who had to travel to Dallas or Houston or San Antonio or Austin for specialty surgeons for things like glaucoma drain implants and orbital decompression surgery and such.

Heck sometimes if I was lucky nursing homes even called me Doc when wondering what to do with ocular problems their residents had and if I paid them they would let me sign patient dx and rx orders and treatment orders for their patients i saw on the pt orders physician line. grin

I Dindo Nuffin
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Cat whiskers!!!! whistle

And doc posts some good things.

Would not have a second thought letting him do my eye thingy. grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How much do you regret not getting into medical school?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (257 roberts, 219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 163bc, 12344mag, 22250rem, 49 invisible), 2,411 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,917
Posts18,518,756
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.